Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Damage 2.5 Suggestion

(PSN)LoisGordils

Okay, let's start off by establishing that the idea for Puncture sucks really hard. Why would I want to reduce enemy damage by 75% when I can outright kill the enemy? My suggestion for Puncture is give it the ability to bypass armor (armor only, not shields) and inflict 50% of the Puncture damage through the armor. Let's say I deal 100 Puncture damage to an enemy and I manage to score a Puncture proc, said enemy will suffer 50 Puncture damage that completely ignores armor. Slash causes the enemy to succumb to a bleed DoT effect, my suggestion causes enemies to succumb to burst, armor piercing damage. This way, Puncture actually becomes more viable than Slash against armor (how it should be)

To be fair, puncture used to ignore armor before the current status arrangement, and I don't think DE would go back to that. That said, I agree that making puncture's procs useful against such enemies would stand to reason. Would making weakpoints on foes, a suggestion from other players; work to cover this?

Just now, Urlan said:

To be fair, puncture used to ignore armor before the current status arrangement, and I don't think DE would go back to that. That said, I agree that making puncture's procs useful against such enemies would stand to reason. Would making weakpoints on foes, a suggestion from other players; work to cover this?

That sounds like a good suggestion :)

Puncture procs pierce enemy armor, leaving a weakspot. Piercing shot also gets 1m punch through