Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul Event - Remove Normal Bounties from Mission Rotation

BlackCoMerc

PoE Bounty Missions were never the most inspired, engaging content. To put it nicely, they are very basic and quickly become boring and repetitive. 

And now they have been added to the fix for Ghoul bounties. Which immediately makes the event much less fun and much more tedious. We have run these bounties for more than a month, knowing all the while that, again, they arent exactly pinnacles of mission design to begin with. And now, you want to inflate the size of the Ghoul even by forcing us to run them again. No thanks.

Look...to be honest, if this is the way you're going to handle Open Landscapes...dont bother. Seriously, dont. Creating large open worlds that offer zero rewards, effectively slowing your overall game play progress thereby, only to require we run missions in these open zones that take place in limited areas smaller than a normal tile...its a complete waste of dev time. 

Either make the Landscapes a place that rewards exploration and free roam game play...or dont make them. At all. But shoving your existing obsession with missions and rotation based rewards into an open environment completely invalidates all the reasons people play open world style games: Freedom, Exploration and the ability to play at their pace, approaching enemies, encampments, etc THEIR WAY. If you are going to continue to refuse rewards unless we work in tiny, cordoned off mission areas...just go back to designing new tile sets and stop wasting the time of your level designers on Landscapes that serve no purpose.

We are subject to it, as we agree to it by playing. I suppose.. if a large chunk of the community were to simply migrate toward the forums to primarily focus on providing feedback it might help with the progression of ideas manifested into acts. Though, from all the posts I see on here, that might be the case already. I don't know how large their team is, so maybe they're doing what they can for now to keep the players happy.

I don't disagree with you, but they'll utilize abstraction until the game breathes it's last breath. While I'd love a dynamic, more intricate change to all game modes we currently have, it could possibly cause a content drought to a degree farther than what we're used to seeing.

Edited by Lahared

This entire game revolves around repetition of the same things over and over again. I have seen every tile on Grineer Asteroids, I have killed Vay Hek dozens of times, I have run many nodes hundreds of times. That somehow this repeating is wildly different from the rest of the game is laughable.

1 hour ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Look...to be honest, if this is the way you're going to handle Open Landscapes...dont bother.

Why? Why play a game you so clearly don't want to play? It feels like you are forcing yourself to play the game and then get upset when the game plays exactly the same way it has always played.

30 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This entire game revolves around repetition of the same things over and over again. I have seen every tile on Grineer Asteroids, I have killed Vay Hek dozens of times, I have run many nodes hundreds of times. That somehow this repeating is wildly different from the rest of the game is laughable.

Why? Why play a game you so clearly don't want to play? It feels like you are forcing yourself to play the game and then get upset when the game plays exactly the same way it has always played.

The problem is right there in your statement.

"...Plays the way its always played..."

Then why bother with the open maps? If you are just going to force the same tired rotation rewards, the same repetitive missions in the same tiny areas...why not just stick to tiles? Why make a big open landscape and then make exploring it was unrewarding as possible? Its literally just a waste of dev time.

BlackCoMerc. I have played this game a short time. Maybe a month or so. However in that short time, and my time in the plains, The missions are never always the same. They differ. Its not always oh kill this person in this same spot. It constantly changes the objective all around the map and that, is much better for my taste then running the same tileset every time with a slightly different layout, doing the exact same thing over and over. The plains is honestly my favorite part of the game, and I'm sure there are many many people that agree. 

45 minutes ago, Sticky93 said:

BlackCoMerc. I have played this game a short time. Maybe a month or so. However in that short time, and my time in the plains, The missions are never always the same. They differ. Its not always oh kill this person in this same spot. It constantly changes the objective all around the map and that, is much better for my taste then running the same tileset every time with a slightly different layout, doing the exact same thing over and over. The plains is honestly my favorite part of the game, and I'm sure there are many many people that agree. 

In the case of the plains, you are doing the same exact thing over and over again, just in different randomized orders. Simply, the plains is just a single tileset on its own, that doesn't change much at all, I don't even think the spawn pattern for resources changes. Ores are most likely a different story.

Edited by Lahared

14 hours ago, Lahared said:

In the case of the plains, you are doing the same exact thing over and over again, just in different randomized orders. Simply, the plains is just a single tileset on its own, that doesn't change much at all, I don't even think the spawn pattern for resources changes. Ores are most likely a different story.

Exactly this. It's just a big tile. Self contained, with the same few missions.

I want to clear camps, scout enemy placement and EXPLORE to receive rewards. Locking content on poe behind the same few missions wastes the landscape. We can do that anywhere, we don't need a landscape for this, which makes it, literally, wasted Dev time.