Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Chromatic Blade

GrimDelta

Question

Hello dear forumites 
Im still a newbie at this game and u dont understand the mechanics behind status and combining elements too well.I want to build my excalibur with a chromatic blade and i chose to go for corrosive+blast.I know that when u chose the energy colour on the frame itself u will be given a status effect (toxin, elec etc).
So if u want to go on my nikana prime or silva aegis prime with corrosive+cold and adding the red energy colour for fire, the final build would be dishing out corrosive+blast ? 
Or for example if i go on silva blast+electricity and add then the colour green for toxin, the final outcome will be corrosive+blast ? 
thank you for your time i hope you can help me
PS:on Excal already got my build to 100% status chance 
Happy holidays !

9 answers to this question

Cromatic blade removes all Impact Puncture and Slash from Exalted blade but adds status chance based on your power strength and one elemental based on your warframe energy color.

The elemental from the warframe is always added last.

Having corrosive + cold and using an energy color that gives fire would indeed give corrosive + blast to your blade.

Worth noting is that enemies like Sentients ans Shadow Stalker will become immune to your blade faster and specifically against those, its better to not use chromatic blade.

4 hours ago, Rage_Inducer said:

Worth noting is that enemies like Sentients ans Shadow Stalker will become immune to your blade faster and specifically against those, its better to not use chromatic blade.

Also worth noting is that by the time you hit that point, you'll have a new ability to help with their pesky invulnerabilities.

Also: Healing Return is AMAZING with Chromatic Blade. 

Chromatic blade is very good, I'd never recommend against it.

5 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

Also worth noting is that by the time you hit that point, you'll have a new ability to help with their pesky invulnerabilities.

Also: Healing Return is AMAZING with Chromatic Blade. 

Chromatic blade is very good, I'd never recommend against it.

Not immediately after second dream you won't and you have to deal with them to open the way to sedna.

9 minutes ago, Rage_Inducer said:

Not immediately after second dream you won't and you have to deal with them to open the way to sedna.

That's a SUPER narrow band of gameplay during which you can always just turn off Exalted Blade if it becomes a problem.  You don't have to stay in Exalted Blade forever and your primary, secondary, and melee weapon aren't GONE or anything.

This isn't an issue and not a good reason to recommend against Chromatic Blade.  I used Chromatic blade before, during, and after that stretch and it never even occurred to me that this would be a problem because ...it wasn't. (I wasn't maining Excal at the time, but I killed my share of sentients with him)

That's like saying don't use Assimilate with Nyx because sometimes you'll have to jump. 

----

Back to the topic at hand...

@GrimDelta, one FYI on the status percentage... 100% is fun, but in practice I've had better luck modding for attack speed.  I'd experiment with both and see how they work for you.

Edited by FreeWilliam

1 hour ago, FreeWilliam said:

That's a SUPER narrow band of gameplay during which you can always just turn off Exalted Blade if it becomes a problem.  You don't have to stay in Exalted Blade forever and your primary, secondary, and melee weapon aren't GONE or anything.

That is tehnically correct except non chromatic blade gets the job done faster, even more so than operator beaming them to remove resistances. As for weapons, unless its the Tigris or some other ridiculous burst damage weapon which most people tend to not have by the time they first reach sentients, they will not outperform a regular exalted blade excal.

Okay, I may have misread...were you saying 'Against Shadow Stalker and Sentients ONLY it's better not to use Chromatic blade'?

If so then...I think we were agreeing...but I guess I was also thinking 'I've never gone into a mission and ONLY fought Shadow Stalker or Sentients', you can't plan for Shadow Stalker and Sentients are just generally annoying for lots of builds (never failed to kill one, but they can be work) unless you're using Operator Mode.

Maybe a better statement to agree on is 'If you're having trouble with those, and you can't handle them by dropping your exalted stance for a moment and using other toys, then you might have more luck without chromatic blade equipped if you can't get through a node in the map because of them?'

That seem right?

vor 52 Minuten schrieb GrimDelta:

Thank you guys for all your answers.In the end i went with corrosive+cold setup and only Berserker as the main source of speed boost and so far im quite happy with the outcome.Insane damage output, and the crits...are just out of this world

Don't forget to add Condition Overload to your build :) Blast affects it twice, what enables you up to 4,1 multipliers past the 8x stealth multiplier generated by the blinds (by yourself that is)