Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SomaChords Vs Fragments

Mr.Painfully

Just a little "What if... ?" topic, where i would like to see other ppl opinion as well:

So, we recently got SomaChords, which we can only obtain by scanning, same as we do with Fragments. But, they seems to have 50/50% chance to spawn in missions. As a Veteran Player, and a guy who likes to read through all the Lore, i've scanned every possbile Fragments on every planet. They cool and everything, but even though, if you scanned the Fragments, they will still spawn, thus, they have the chance to take away the spawn of the SomaChords. I havent counted how many SomaChords do we have to scann to get all of them, but its a lot, i can tell that. So, wanted to go ahead and scann them so get all the music for myself, but sometimes i get 10 Fragment spawn in a row, making the "Scann Grind" take way too long.
Idea: (Might not be as easy as i think) What if people who already scanned Fragments, they get the a script where they can't get Fragments spawn in mission, makeing the SomaChord scan grind, less painful/mroe fun, and when all SomaChords has been scanned, the script return the spawn chance to 50/50% as for a placeholder.

Fragments shouldn't or at least have a decreased chance of spawning if you've completed all the fragments for that planet.

I say in literally every post I do that RNG hates me with a burning passion so I have YET to complete one Somachord. Because it doesn't spawn for me.

I just want "This is what you are" playing in my Orbiter.... :sadcry: Forever alone and without music.

Problem is those things are hard-coded into the mission when your session is created for it. 

In theory, you could just base Fragment/Chord spawns based on the HOST's completion. But, I think that's a bit unfair unless you're playing Solo mode, don't you?

I've already got all the somachord fragments, just set your mission to capture on the planet of choice, equip loot detector, animal instinct, and thiefs wit, and just run it till you get the fragments. Each song only takes ~15m to unlock on average. Since DE wants fragments to be attained passively rather than aggressively, this is as good as I'd like it to be, with the only solution I'd consider being to have BOTH fragments in the mission.