The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Spoken Language Translator

PublikDomain

I'm making a Grineer spoken language translator. Currently, it looks like this:

XdMX05d.png

I've got one little problem. While I think I've got most of the spoken language figured out, I'm still missing some stuff. For example, the English letter I has 3 different use cases, and none of them are really very easy to figure out. I've got a Google Doc open to comments if you want to contribute.

Contribute Here!

Whenever the translator is done, I'll post a link here with the .exe and source.

Traay frktry, Tenno

Edited by PublikDomain

I'd say hold off till the full language is released, and/or get into contact with the ones developing it. It's clearly based on english syntax and grammar so that part shouldn't be a problem.

What I've got is mostly based off of a video they released that mentions the language. It's from a .txt. document (oh no) and I've got no idea how O is pronounced as K, but it's accurate to what DE has released so far. The goal of the program itself is to make it easy to update the translation rules, so if they update/refine the language there shouldn't be any problems.

Edited by PublikDomain

This is cool, and I applaud you for putting in the effort !

One suggestion is a work-around for multiple uses of the same letter. Accents !

àáèêíîóõûü etc... So long as you have an appendix to clarify how they affect pronunciation it would allow you to use one letter any number of ways.

This is cool, and I applaud you for putting in the effort !

One suggestion is a work-around for multiple uses of the same letter. Accents !

àáèêíîóõûü etc... So long as you have an appendix to clarify how they affect pronunciation it would allow you to use one letter any number of ways.

What I've currently got is based on a .txt document shown in a video DE released (see above for the link). The pronunciation I still don't have nailed down. In the E3 trailer, stuff is slightly different from what DE has released otherwise. I'll have a pronunciation section at some point.

You might want to eventually make this app even MORE friendly by having different languages able to be detected / translated since DE is putting in corpus language too.

But so far.. looks great.

I can picture it now....running around as my Vauban, seeing my good ol' buddy Crewman #7183565 and speaking in his tongue "WURPWURPWURP!"

Added a pronunciation page and translated the E3 trailer. Except for the first sentence (lots of wind and other audio, can't confirm), it all checks out.

You might want to eventually make this app even MORE friendly by having different languages able to be detected / translated since DE is putting in corpus language too.

But so far.. looks great.

I'll do a Corpus translation in the same program whenever such a thing is released.