Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Missioning

frostthejack

Being fairly late getting into this game so many people have already unlocked all the planets and do not continue to play many of them.

Because of this I either spend an hour or more waiting for some one to join in or i have to run the missions solo. Many of these missions are just way to difficult to do solo.

Something needs to be done about this. My idea would be for the mission to be progressively easier depending on how many are in the mission. For example the mission should be easier and give less affinity per kill solo then it would with 4 people. 

This would still encourage people to play as a team but make it easier for people who decide to get into the game long after launch like me and have no one to play with. 

Guess what im saying is continue to encourage team play but make it easier for those who cant get team mates.

The only reason I have been able to do any missions solo the higher level ones is because I have cloaking for my Loki and I have the shade sentinel. i couldn't do it without those two things.

And you cant get some of the high end stuff until you can get control mods and those are farther down the line you have to go through missions that no one does any more.

Something needs to be done about this. My idea would be for the mission to be progressively easier depending on how many are in the mission. For example the mission should be easier and give less affinity per kill solo then it would with 4 people. 

Missions already scale off of the amount of players. 

As for trouble finding other players. There can be multiple factors involved. ie Ping range.

My suggestion is to join a Clan. The game is very centered around the Clan. You can also try getting people in the Region Chat.

Hey man add me ign is saintcee1, i've got a fair bit of the later stuff still to unlock, been busy leveling different stuff to see how it all works so haven't rushed all the systems...plus nightmare mode killed my eagerness for a bit!... Anyhoo i'm not a rusher, like to make sure i get all the resources i can on missions..and don't like dieing lol..so if you need a partner hit me up.

Missions already scale off of the amount of players. 

Well, if they do, they do it wrong somehow. I tested Earth, E Prime Solo.

Loadout: Loki Lvl 30, MK1-BRATON Rank 19, LATO Rank 30, SKANA Rank 16.

This is a Capture Mission, but the Grineer seemed on alert from Mission Start. The halls were filled with troops. and the few areas where it was empty was soon filled with enemies teleporting in or Spawning behind me.

My kill count was 165, but that was only because I started running Cloaked past hordes of Grineer, including Napalm, multiple Shield Lancers and the female melee warriors ( man I hate the unbreakable line-tow they do ) often appearing out of thin air.

The total count was probably around 250, maby a little higher. And quite a few lockdowns along the way too.

Now how is this even remotely OK scaling? I am not playing Halo or God of War where it is expected to be a One Man army.

I wonder how a Excalibur in my exact situation would find this map. Alot more fighting I presume, since they cant run past any hordes.

There just needs to be a lower frequency of enemies rather than decreased affinity per kill. The enemies could even be higher level or all heavies for all I care, but fighting 5-10 waves of the same shotgun/SMG grunts in only the first room of the level is not good solo scaling or fun (especially when your trying to level up a weaksauce bow like I was recently).

Excalibur Player:  REPRESENT!

Well, if they do, they do it wrong somehow. I tested Earth, E Prime Solo.

I wonder how a Excalibur in my exact situation would find this map. Alot more fighting I presume, since they cant run past any hordes.

We do pretty bad, actually.  I've some decent weapons and on that mission alone, I've gotten no less than 200 kills on average.

And I'm a fully reactored Rank 30 Excalibur suit.  I've got 12 more points of levels of levels to beef up in my abilities, but it's still hard to do.  Especially when I don't have any stealth tools.

On average I get 260 to 320+ kills, because I'm overpowered for that zone (and Earth still has mats I need.)

So no, the game does NOT scale with the amount of players.  It never has.

If you are part of a clan, you could ask for assistance.

The clan I am part of, Space Sharks Incorporated, tend to help many of those that ask for help in the chat.

Hey man add me ign is saintcee1, i've got a fair bit of the later stuff still to unlock, been busy leveling different stuff to see how it all works so haven't rushed all the systems...plus nightmare mode killed my eagerness for a bit!... Anyhoo i'm not a rusher, like to make sure i get all the resources i can on missions..and don't like dieing lol..so if you need a partner hit me up.

Too much work...

I am in a clan and it has helped a lot but there are some people who dont like to play with others or have a harder time finding a clan with enough active members and various things like that. for some people it is impossible to find any one to help. When i cant find any one to help i have had to use my maxed out gear and rush through the level as fast as i can skipping out on any mods or resources that might drop.