Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Raid And Exterminates Now Useless

ZyloWolfzan

The longer and longer it's been from their original release, the less and less useful the Raid and Exterminate void keys have become. It's gotten to the point where getting a Raid or Exterminate Void key is just a waste of a Defense reward, or even log in reward. The majority of people have the Latron Prime, Reaper Prime, and Frost Prime already, with Frost Prime being the only really sought after thing anymore from what I can see. Now the only reason to do these missions is for a chance at Void exclusive mods, and the credit value of them. How can we help solve this? Well, with the new change of the Raid mission type, why not roll out some more Prime items to fit into those mission types? Or add another unique reward to it, maybe large amounts of various resources, or maybe a void specific mod as a reward. (Common at T1, Uncommon at T2, Rare at T3?) Adding some more rewards to the pool would go a good way to making these mission types actually worth running again. The only other solution would be to just merge ALL Void Rewards into a single drop list, so that ANY Prime part can drop from ANY mission, only separated via tier, though doing this would cause a large dilution of drop rates, making full sets of parts even harder to get. One way or another, actually having a reason to keep using these Void keys would be much appreciated, as it stands I have 10 T2 Void Exterminate keys and no one wants to play them because they all want to get Capture, Defense, or Mobile Defense missions.

signed having rewards like Void Keys be considered 'worthless' or a waste is kind of saddening.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Eh, for older players (which is most of WF) who were around before the new void keys, they are worthless, but as new players come in, people will want them again. IMO, void tokens. Best solution, play enough of any void, and you can get any of the rewards from a shop/trade in area (or maybe certain mats, like orokin cells too)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Eh, for older players (which is most of WF) who were around before the new void keys, they are worthless, but as new players come in, people will want them again.

However what op stated, it is only for a specific frame in raid/exterminate.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I still find these fun just for the sake of playing the game rather than rushing through only for the reward. And the occasional forma is always nice. My only problem is the dodgy fps rates I seem to get in certain void maps, but I suppose the void runs could be more rewarding in addition to the handful of fixed special end-mission rewards.

Edit: To be fair, I rush through for the reward as well sometimes, but that's not the only motivation to play in Void for me.

Edited by CapricaSix

I've spent almost whole day yesterday helping a bunch of people getting what they wanted from T3 exterm (LP reciever, frost prime parts). So no, they are not useless because there's a large group of new players (or those with less luck) who are missing something from old void.

They are useless to some but great for newbies. Now trading them in for a chance to get, say a mod? or a new key of a different type would be nice! For those who already have everything that the void mission has to offer. I do enjoy killing for experience and mods but after a while the void gets boring. raid, exterminate, capture, defense. there all the same rooms and areas. Get repetitive after a while haha

Maybe I'm alone in this but I still find these fun just for the sake of playing the game rather than rushing through only for the reward. And the occasional forma is always nice. My only problem is the dodgy fps rates I seem to get in certain void maps, but I suppose the void runs could be more rewarding in addition to the handful of fixed special end-mission rewards.

Edit: To be fair, I rush through for the reward as well sometimes, but that's not the only motivation to play in Void for me.

This. I only rush void runs when the party makes me do it. Otherwise, I go exploring, hit all of the parkour loot rooms, and hunt down all the little side treasure rooms. Why? Because it's more fun, I get more exp, and I get more mods.

Still need Sure Footing, Retribution (I think that can actually drop there), and Handspring. Got Sanctuary not too long ago.

And uh... yeah, I know Retribution is crap lol