The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vasto Or Lex?

Aeshi

Question

Been considering crafting one of them to give me a Secondary that can do well at longer ranges and/or against larger enemies. Any suggestions in particular as to which one I should make?

It seems like Vasto has better stats, but on the other hand Lex wouldn't take me ages of grinding Neurodes.

13 answers to this question

for long range... lex > Vasto. It don't look much of a difference in therm of damage but full modded...is a massive difference! Is extremely powerfull

The Vasto in the other hand have a faster reload and rate of fire. Good to pick up target at long range, enough fire-rate and reload speed to make it versatile on close combat (then again..I can do the same with my lex if you don't miss your shot =p)

The lex is more rewarding but the Vasto is more good all around and shine in datamass mission.

Edited by Ninjamander

for long range... lex < Vasto <---------. It don't look much of a difference in therm of damage but full modded...is a massive difference! Is extremely powerfull

The Vasto in the other hand have a faster reload and rate of fire. Good to pick up target at long range, enough fire-rate and reload speed to make it versatile on close combat (then again..I can do the same with my lex if you don't miss your shot =p)

The lex is more rewarding but the Vasto is more good all around and shine in datamass mission.

I think what you meant to say is Lex > Vasto :p Edited by Jovovich

One of the advantages of the Vasto over Lex is its ridiculously high crit chance, which is one of the reasons its DPS is higher as well (not to mention its firing rate and insanely fast reload speed of 1s).

Actually, the Vasto and Lex both have 15% critical chance. The main advantages of the Vasto are the higher firing rate and the reload speed. The advantages of the Lex are higher DPH, better long-range capabilities, and more availability.

Unfortunately, Vasto remedies Lex's needs for reload speed and fire rate by default and thus, doesn't need these mods. So there is more mod capacity for damage left on Vasto. This might be equalized by the Lex's increased damage compared to Vasto's, but the better overall ultility just makes Vasto plain better than Lex.