Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Defense Lasers; Inconsistency of Damage?

G3rman

The green lasers Corpus use to basically lock you out of an area and generally be annoying? I'd like to discuss what appears to be a very large variable in the strength of these lasers and their effects.

Now I haven't accurately measured out the damage I take each time, but I have noticed that at times it will totally sap me of my shield but leave my health basically untouched. Others it will knock me down where I will need to be revived; sometimes I even get caught by it multiple times because it doesn't properly knock me out of its path.

I think that a set amount of damage given each time you run into the beam is fair rather than it supposedly varying wildly each time. That is because some players like me like to rush through doors and get knocked down and killed, unable to be revived because we went solo or everyone is ahead/behind us. It is still going to do its job of knocking us back and acting as an obstacle until we get past it, but at least we don't have to worry about maybe dying by just touching it.

That is not to mention the knockback effect can be quite lethal when combined with swarms of Moa and crewman, but that isn't a bad thing and is more the player's fault. Sometimes though there are areas where there are too many enemies and you can't stop to check for cameras or turrets and need to run through a door.

Punishment is fine, insta-death is not.

Thoughts?

Edited by G3rman

Laser doors are a total troll. " Here Tenno go through the door! Oops I turned on let me turn off for you! Oops did I just turn on again? Here just stand for abit even though you killed all the enemies and camera!"

Annoying piece Of....

Yes, I too find it difficult to figure out how to turn off a door when the security camera, turrets and everything else seem to be destroyed. It can be frustrating when you are being swarmed. Honestly it took me a while to figure out the security cameras even existed, they are inconspicious.

I think that

Yes, I too find it difficult to figure out how to turn off a door when the security camera, turrets and everything else seem to be destroyed. It can be frustrating when you are being swarmed. Honestly it took me a while to figure out the security cameras even existed, they are inconspicious.

Probably some one else is in vision of a camera further down.

The damage does seem a bit inconsistent thought always quite high. Maybe it scales based on some factor. I don't think I've ever seen it take off more than 300 shields though. Personally, I've gotten into the habit of destroying every camera I encounter, you eventually remember most of their positions. Makes the Corpus stages much smoother- no surprise lasers and no auto turrets. Too bad not all players share this habit though- like when someone just runs ahead turning it on for those behind him.