Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hella Late 2 Cents on Damage 2.5

(PSN)StarDustKillah

Tactical Potato just posted a Video on the "Top 5 Impact Weapons" in game. And it reminded me we where going to get changes on how IPS work in game. I wanted to make a post about it when it got announced on the DevStream... But I forgot lol.

Whelp here goes. I think Impact & Puncture should get their own unique avenues to power. Much like Slash. 

Puncture: 

On Puncture Proc, where the Bullet/Arrow/Laser/Sword/Hammer/Ability hits the enemy body, a Highlighted Weakness Zone (Sonar Spot) is created. All Damage inflicted to these Zones are increased by 2x.

Every time the Enemy is hit in the Weakness Zone & an additional Puncture Proc is activated. The Zone will have a chance to increase in Tier. I don't make games so IDK what's fair RNG wise... so yeah. 

Each Tier increases: The Damage Multiplier, Size of Zone (Slight increase 10% or 20%), a bit of armor ignoring and spawns a Bulls Eye within the Zone (15% the size of the Zone).

Bulls Eye: A 5x Damage increase. Every time the Bulls Eye is hit it moves location within the Zone.

1. T1: 2X , 10% armor ignore
  2. T2: 3X 
  3. T3: 5X
  4. T4: 5.5X , 15% armor ignore
  5. T5: 6X & Bullseye
  6. T6: 6.5X
  7. T7: 7X , 20% armor ignore
  8. T8: 7.5X
  9. T9: 8X
  10. T10: 8.5X , 25% armor ignore (I think Puncture capping out here would be good W/O the Status "Red Crit" Equivalent)

Enemy's could still take slight Damage Debuff (weaker than what DE had in mind.) Maybe a 70% & 80% of Damage Debuff with the "Red Crit" - Status Equivalent. 

-----------------------------------------------

Impact:

For Impact I like the idea of them kinda smacking enemies about. But I get how that can get annoying... so what if instead of enemies being flung about. They'd get injured?

On Impact Proc, enemy's aim is reduced, the severity of the proc increases the severity of enemy's aiming impairment. Also, if a large Proc is applied to a limb... it should noodle. The severity of Impact Proc also controls how long the noodling lasts. Possibly the lower the HP the easier it is too apply the noodle effect.

• Leg noodling causes enemies to fall over & unable to get up. Starts off as enemies limping. 
  • Arm noodling causes enemies to be unable to aim weapons properly/swing melee weapons of respective limb.
  • Head should give a sort of stun. Enemies stop to grab their heads, while kneeling from pain.

The Damage implication of Impact could act as a pseudo Condition Overload effect.

To where Impact Proc'd enemies are more susceptible to other Damage Types & also allowing Impact Damage to receive damage Multipliers (2x?) per each Proc an enemy has. 

=========

Whelp, that's all I got. All that being said, I hope everyone had an amazing holiday weekend.

Here's to hoping that we DE knocks Damage 2.5 outta the park!

Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah

The biggest problem with the Dmg 2.5 is that, the biggest CC is when an enemy is dead (enemy doesn't attack, move, doesn't do anything), the biggest DR is when the enemy is dead (100% DR). Your Puncture idea is interesting, but there is still no real reason to use impact if it doesn't increase damage or bypasses an enemy defense.

Hopefully DE won't make the huge mistake of releasing Dmg 2.5 as it is just to rush Khora out

Just now, Emulad0or said:

The biggest problem with the Dmg 2.5 is that, the biggest CC is when an enemy is dead (enemy doesn't attack, move, doesn't do anything), the biggest DR is when the enemy is dead (100% DR). Your Puncture idea is interesting, but there is still no real reason to use impact if it doesn't increase damage or bypasses an enemy defense.

Hopefully DE won't make the huge mistake of releasing Dmg 2.5 as it is just to rush Khora out

Well I was saying that Impact Procs could make enemy's more susceptible to other damage types including their Procs. Once the enemy is affected by multiple Procs, the Impact Damage of said weapon would multiply for each Proc.

So slapping Corrosive damage on a high Impact Damage weapon, would be a good thing. B/c once Impact Procs the corrosive would almost immediately get to work, helping the impact weapon chew the armor. I don't know the math behind the damage system, but that's how I pictured it working. 

This could also help weapons that are pretty even across the board in their damage types. Impact would have more of a symbiotic relationship with the other types. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)StarDustKillah said:

Well I was saying that Impact Procs could make enemy's more susceptible to other damage types including their Procs. Once the enemy is affected by multiple Procs, the Impact Damage of said weapon would multiply for each Proc.

So slapping Corrosive damage on a high Impact Damage weapon, would be a good thing. B/c once Impact Procs the corrosive would almost immediately get to work, helping the impact weapon chew the armor. I don't know the math behind the damage system, but that's how I pictured it working. 

This could also help weapons that are pretty even across the board in their damage types. Impact would have more of a symbiotic relationship with the other types. 

In that case, we would need a Condition Overload version for primaries and secondaries, otherwise the only one actually benefiting from it would be melee. Also, just thought about it, it would be nice to have a version of Hunter's Munition for Puncture and Impact

4 hours ago, Emulad0or said:

In that case, we would need a Condition Overload version for primaries and secondaries, otherwise the only one actually benefiting from it would be melee. Also, just thought about it, it would be nice to have a version of Hunter's Munition for Puncture and Impact

I'm confident in DE to figure out a way so that this version of Impact Procs are good with firearms.

I think the Punture & Impact equivalents will come with other Open Landscapes.

Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah