Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE mobility suggestions - slingshot and hoverboard

0_The_F00l

Hello,

The plains have been out for a time and we have gotten used to getting around via either Skywing or , naramon dash or Nova portals,

While by themselves they are sufficient and quite mobile there should be a more direct mass transit option for the plains for everyone who does not have access to the above, at least one way travel, so i suggest 2 new additions.

1. A Giant Friggin Slingshot - which i would like to name a GFS - a gyro force stabilizer to make it sound sciency which would still be accurate in a sense.

a small mission to acquire the parts could be made either as a bounty or a single mission - you might need to have completed the gara quest for it to be available - quest provider could be nakak cause kids like slingshots right? and we all know she is actually a scientific genius hiding behind paper machete masks!

once all parts are made the ostrons will build the slingshot either outside the gates or within the vestibule? depressurized zone? whatever it is between the two doors.

Outside the gates will make sense as that is where the objective markers appear.

to use the GFS you would need fuel - either grokdrul or fish oil to make it less spammy and give reason to actually use those resources.

then its simply aim and shoot , this could wither be map based or a simple direction , angle and power based decision , i think map based would be more convenient.

Now the fun part , when shot out you will still have access to your primary weapons and can shoot things before reaching your destination - fun little minigame bonus which could be built upon further but beyond this topic.

when you reach your destination you will create a heavy impact and be immune to damage for 2 seconds (call it kinetic shielding due to the force or something) cause you dont want to land in the middle of an eximus leech and a nox while a heavy bombard aims at you from a distance.

2. A Hoverboard -  An Extremely Cool Hoverboard  - i would call ECH - Elevated Cruise Handler- yeah not the best name , needs work on the name,

This would be a deployable item with infinite use but the catch is it is only useable "by the operator" on the plains as it runs on the repulsion between Eidolon energy in the soil & Void energy of the operator.

will also grant a small amount of shield to the rider and have a vaccum! yes it needs to have a vaccum cause it is trying to hold onto the soil so it will suck in things near it!

The shields because the operator wont be able to enter void mode on the board - it is a mobility device not a weapon,

The board should be customizable to certain limits - max speed , friction , shields and of course decals , why would you want a cool hoverboard if you cannot put decals on it.

This would go the way of zaws / amps and needs to be built with collaboration between the quills and nakak the genius who comes up with it.

Again a small mission and some farming for the parts,

the cool thing? it can run on water (not as fuel it will float on water) as the water has a lot of eidolon energy too! no more falling into the water and starting half a mile away!

Controls would be similar to skywing and could have special defense mechanisms.

i suggest it be made using amp parts to give each ECH its unique properties - but thats again beyond this topic, could use completely different parts too.

Let me know what you guys think?

P.S.

I just want a hoverboard the rest of the stuff is just so i can get that, and i want my operator to hold his hoverboard in the profile screen to make it even cooler.

Please give me a hoverboard DE.

i want to be able to recreate this image on the plains

6VNTd6o.jpg

Edit: added image

Edited by 0_The_F00l
added media

36 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

1. A Giant Friggin Slingshot - which i would like to name a GFS - a gyro force stabilizer to make it sound sciency which would still be accurate in a sense.

Skywing is bugged atm, this is already possible (as per my latest post in the thread):

Best i've managed is from the fire pit at the back, to just before the sentient fossil in front of Cetus' gate.

Edited by MillbrookWest

51 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Just level up your Naramon and Zenurik Waybound passives.

Or play Nezha, Zephyr, Volt, Rhino with range, etc etc.

As i said,  i already find my naramon unbound passive (mind sprint) and zenurik main with 7 consecutive dashes (not fully maxed siphon and flow ) sufficient as mobility irrespective of frame.

and my nova with 250% range can get anywhere. in under 10 seconds.

But what about those without a maxed naramon focus , what about those who do not have mobile frames,

not everyone will have maxed their focus or will have a perfect speed build ,

Also if you tie yourself to a frame to get around you may have a bad time with the rest of the missions - those who like their mobile frames will have no issues - i use my max power volt to farm cetus wisps all the time.

i want a focus / frame agnostic option to get around and do it in style.

Also Hoverboard with Vaccum! how can anyone not want it?