The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game freezes and screen blurs

dhunter432

So i recently changed to a new computer, and from the moment i downloaded and started warframe it has been giving me this anoying bug where the screen would freeze randomly. I have to open the task manager and it would go back to normal, only to freeze again a couple of seconds later, also in the times it doesnt freeze, the screen would blur in a really strange way.

This new computer has:

16 gb ram

GPU Amd radeon rx550

CPU Amd fx-9830p quad core

Pls, it is imposible to play the game like this

Sounds like a hardware or driver problem, not something with the game, make sure your video drivers are up to date, disable motion blur in game and just overall try to play on absolutely low graphic settings. (even if your graphic card can handle it, just try) 

On 8/1/2018 at 12:29 AM, EmilotMargus said:

Sounds like a hardware or driver problem, not something with the game, make sure your video drivers are up to date, disable motion blur in game and just overall try to play on absolutely low graphic settings. (even if your graphic card can handle it, just try) 

Done it, still the same. The problem is that it doesnt need to actually start the game to freeze, it freezes the moment i press play, and i had to do what i said to unfreeze it, also the blur i mentionet is not the motion blur, I dont know how to explain it but it looks like when you get intereferance in some other games, it looks like it is part of the game but i dont know why it does it, also i have no problems with any other games, just warframe. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2018 at 6:10 PM, dhunter432 said:

Done it, still the same. The problem is that it doesnt need to actually start the game to freeze, it freezes the moment i press play, and i had to do what i said to unfreeze it, also the blur i mentionet is not the motion blur, I dont know how to explain it but it looks like when you get intereferance in some other games, it looks like it is part of the game but i dont know why it does it, also i have no problems with any other games, just warframe. 

Have you tried verifying and optimizing your download cache via. the Warframe launcher? This can be done by clicking on the little cogwheel on the top-right corner of the launcher. If that does not help, then could you please post a screenshot or video of what you are seeing to give us a better idea of what to look for?

Thanks!

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

On 1/9/2018 at 6:10 PM, dhunter432 said:

Are you in Fullscreen or Windowed?

What Windows version are you using (7, 8, 10)?

Also to possibly sort out the blur issue, there is an option in Warframe (that i discovered quite recently actually) called Dynamic Resolution. What this does is allows the game to adjust certain graphical settings if it detects that your FPS is falling below a set value (either set by the player or Automatically), this will cause some aspects of the game to get a "fuzzy" or "blurry" appearance and after whatever lag effecting visuals are gone the game will return your settings to their previous defaults (set by you).

In terms of other games where i've experienced issues similar to this. I would recommend checking what your monitors Refresh rate is at and verify what other settings it has. I have one game in particular (*cough *cough DS3) that unless it specifically has the monitor set to exactly 60 hrtz it freaks the heck out.