Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lock Venus DS Nodes Behind Archwing?

Zandermanith222

It's always bugged me slightly that despite the fact that Mercury brings you the Once Awake quest, a quest that's suppose to introduce the Infested as a new faction, the Infested are actually readily accessible before then through Malva and Romula on Venus, the Dark Sector nodes.

I feel like they should be put behind the Archwing Exterminate so that new players aren't able to access them until a point where they've most definitely completed Once Awake.

It's not exactly the biggest issue in the universe, but it just seems a bit strange to me.

I'd not only oppose this, but say that things should go in the opposite direction if anything - archwing is already unpopular enough, and poor, overly early, introduction is a key factor in that. Making new players feel even more is locked behind it will only further the hostility and discontent that reigns there. New players clearly need more time to gather an AW mod collection at a leisurely rate and get familiar with it before they feel "required" to engage in archwing content beyond the initial quest; moving Kepler out of the way of the Dark Sectors in its moon, and generally moving Rush and Pursuit to later planets entirely, where players are more likely to have collected Hyperion Thrusters and the like, would be far more helpful to the average player experience, IMO.

As for lore... well, there are already plenty of holes there of which this is only one. But if one really wanted to close it, making Infested Dark Sectors not even show up on the map until after Once Awake is complete would be a far better way to do this in terms of making the new player experience "work." The archwing quest has absolutely nothing to do with the Infested and early Infested access should not be tied to it or anything after it in any way, shape or form IMO.

The last thing new players need is another reason to hate archwing because they're pushed into it too hard, too soon.