Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Tier Iii Defense (Insane)

IfritKajiTora

I have 4 tier 3 defense keys, I do not even want to use because of the time factor. It is way too long and the first 15 waves are filler that only purpose is to waste time. If it was 5 waves and started at level 120 it would be far more enjoyable than it currently is.

It is in that bad gameplay trap that if you fail at wave 1 you wasted an hour and your reward is no better than if you had done several capture mission in the same time frame.

+1 to this at least only 10 waves cuz 20 is really too much.

A really onto it Banshee can keep mobs off the pod with sonic boom if you can't find a Vauban... and Sonar definitely comes into its own in later waves, though Nova's Mol. Prime is better if your squad can't coordinate/aim.

Provided you have weapons that can dole out enough damage, once you have a Frost on your team, priority is crowd control. Damage boosters like Rhino, Banshee or Nova are the icing on the cake. Most times I've lost T3 Def is because my squad's Frost went down playing the hero 30-40m from the pod, or somebody else has and my squad's Frost has gone to revive. Point being, get a good squad, with designated roles. Don't stray from the pod during waves. etc. etc.

non potatoed wont work? i got with 4 ppl to wave 17 only using acrid and despair on rank0

(well op wpns, yes)

but beside that, the team build is important

Its not a great accomplishment to get to wave 17. Wave 17 means only 110 lvls while wave 20 caps at 130. Only last 2 waves are any difficult, there are ppl who can solo up to 15.

A really onto it Banshee can keep mobs off the pod with sonic boom if you can't find a Vauban... and Sonar definitely comes into its own in later waves, though Nova's Mol. Prime is better if your squad can't coordinate/aim.

Provided you have weapons that can dole out enough damage, once you have a Frost on your team, priority is crowd control. Damage boosters like Rhino, Banshee or Nova are the icing on the cake. Most times I've lost T3 Def is because my squad's Frost went down playing the hero 30-40m from the pod, or somebody else has and my squad's Frost has gone to revive. Point being, get a good squad, with designated roles. Don't stray from the pod during waves. etc. etc.

Banshee's also not bad trying to hold out until the Frost stops being a dumbass =P Feed her enough Energy Siphons and she can Sound Quake all day for you, and just stunlock everything while someone runs out and knocks that frost upside the head.

Great exp source.

Too bad you can only really use it to level melees or get the last 5 or so ranks on a primary, secondary, or frame.

Minus Frost. Seriously, Frost just needs Snow Globe and he's good to go if you have enough Siphons. Streamline + Stretch + Continuity if you want to be a "good" frost, + Constitution if you want to be an amazing one.

If you get efficient enough weapon or few ammo boxes you can grind your primary or secondary that way. Did this with my despairs.

Guess it could be possible... But definitely wouldn't recommend doing that with pugs. You'll be fine for the first like 15 waves, but after that you're boned if you *have* to use a weapon that wasn't nearly maxed going in. And with pugs... well...

Pugs take a special kind of guiding to succeed even T2 defense in my experience.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Did one a couple nights ago.

Frost, Vauban, Nova & Mag

Probably could have switched out the Mag for Nyx and been more effective. The thing about T3 Defense is that you NEED a CC (Vauban) and a Buff/Debuff (Nyx, Frost, Nova). No real way around it, if only because after wave 7 or 8, ALL enemies become ridiculous bullet sponges.

While I'm on it: Why doesn't Vauban's Bastille freeze Fusion Moa Turret/Osprey things? Please explain.

Probably could have switched out the Mag for Nyx and been more effective. The thing about T3 Defense is that you NEED a CC (Vauban) and a Buff/Debuff (Nyx, Frost, Nova). No real way around it, if only because after wave 7 or 8, ALL enemies become ridiculous bullet sponges.

While I'm on it: Why doesn't Vauban's Bastille freeze Fusion Moa Turret/Osprey things? Please explain.

You don't need Vauban and you don't need Nyx. Only thing you need is Frost to keep the pod covered and not obliterated in seconds (enemies up the walkway, throwing grenades), the rest can be anything else given you have good players.

A good team is better than just good frames.

I play with friend, we was doing some void missions. We used all tier 2 keys so now it's time for tier 3 keys.

TIER 3 MOBILE DEFENCE was little hard but good enought : )

and well TIER 3 DEFENCE......20 WAVES?! Oh god so much time it will cost.

With friend and one more guy, team FROST,FROST,NYX (frost ofcorse SNOW GLOBE and NYX Chaos all around)

after some waves this is IMPOSSIBLE TO PASS IT!!!

With full moded Scindo with charge attack I deal only a 1/20 health of Corrupted Ancient Infested and With Full moded OGRIS which has biggest damage in the game I deal only around 1/8 health.

These TIER 3 DEFENCE are serioulsy insane, and what I will get even when pass it? a random TIER 3 component? I better start to farming TIER 3 other missions and left TIER 3 DEFENSE to the TRASH.

TIER 3 DEFENSE should have after a 10 Waves get Reward or fight more after beating 15 waves you should get 2 rewards or fight more and after 20 waves you get 3 rewards.

Its the hardest mission in the game and meant to be. Mobile iii is a joke and far too easy and defense iii is maybe a touch hard for casuals but its suppose to be an end game high level mission so its correct. 

You can pick up 3 players from recruitment and and do it though. Frost - Vauban - and they don't even have to be well geared. Then 2 players who have half decent gear on frames of your choice and your all set.

First time we did defense iii we failed on the last wave. Once you know whats coming though on the last 2-3 waves you just make sure you have energy and ammo for this part of the defense and its not too hard. 

Good fun defense iii

You don't need those specifically. You only need two things.

You need something to stop long range. Snow Globe does this the best out of everything, though an especially skilled Vauban or Nyx with Trinity support to keep their mana full *should* be able to dish out enough CC to substitute.

Assuming you're using Snow Globe, you need a way to deal with things that get *into* the snowglobe.

Sufficient DPS with weapons can pull this off on its own (via killing things before they become a problem). Rhino, Nova, and Banshee all have support for this method; Roar adds 50%, Primer adds 100% and AoE, and Sonar adds 550% to a sharpshooter. Both Rhino and Banshee are also able to cover this the other way...

Anything able to kick things out, stop them from getting in, or eliminate/disable them quickly will suffice. Banshee can do the first with her spammy 1 (Mag's Pull as well if she's got balls), Vauban's Bastille can do the second. Rhino's Stomp, Saryn's Miasma, Excal's Radial Blind, and, hell, a something like a Fragor's or Gram's Jump Attack can pull the third off via knocking everything down.

Bugged hitboxes.

Oh god those things have terrible hitboxes D=

Edited by TheBlueJelly