Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW needs to teach people also how to farm Kuva

-CM-Machete

I've run into dozens of players who literally know nothing about Kuva farming, they just fight the braids and allow the drone to fill up, and stay ignorant because someone carries them almost all the time.

I personally think people shouldn't be left in total ignorance towards this component of the game, at least show them a slideshow or something after they are done with the quest.

Suggestions made so far:

1. Force people to play a solo Kuva mission as part of TWW so the only way they can actually be done with the quest is to play a Kuva mission on their own ( to avoid people from getting carried and not learning what to do)

2. Show a slide-show explaining the process of collecting the kuva after finishing TWW quest line.

3. Make the Sister hint the player what to do (Pizzarugi).

4. Make the Lotus also tell the player about what to do to capture the Kuva and not just ask them to kill the braids. (Note: this may not solve the problem for non-English speaking players, since it's very unlikely they will read the subs of a regular transmission from the Lotus). (TheDarkness506)

Suggested lines:

At the start of the mission:

"You need to destroy the drone in order to stop the braids from gathering more Kuva, you need to collect the the Kuva clouds before they are absorbed by the drone"

This tells players that their objective is destroying the drone, and it is featured at the start of the line.

When the drone spawns:

"Use your void Dash or shoot at the red Kuva clouds in order to capture them" 

This way, the player who already knows what are they there for, is told how to do it. This line could also be a persistent text in the lower middle of the screen.

1st Edit: Added list of suggestions

2nd Edit: Added Puzzarugi's suggestion

Edited by -CM-Machete
Added suggestions from replies

All you need is the Worm Queen to hint more that you can't destroy it with your warframe. "Boom. Boom. Boom! Look at the fireworks! But it's all for show, my kuva siphon is warframe-proof."

I don't mind the lack of hand-holding here. Hell, I failed the kuva siphon once when I finished TWW the day the feature came out for the same reason.

1 minute ago, Pizzarugi said:

All you need is the Worm Queen to hint more that you can't destroy it with your warframe. "Boom. Boom. Boom! Look at the fireworks! But it's all for show, my kuva siphon is warframe-proof."

I don't mind the lack of hand-holding here. Hell, I failed the kuva siphon once when I finished TWW the day the feature came out for the same reason.

It's not hand-holding, it's literally unnecessarily-obscured basic knowledge when it should be put in  front of the players' face and be told: YOU DO ITLIKE THIS. Also many people, probably a vast majority, don't even pay attention to dialogue or don't even speak english, or can't understand it when spoken, this is not just an occurrence, it is something I'm started to see as the norm after running  50+ Kuva missions in the last two or three days. The first time I did it myself, I observed a person dash into the Kuva smoke, and just knew it was the way to do it, but most people just lack basic intuition or don't even pay attention to anything at all.

It's not that they don't understand. Dialogues during battles or missions in separate window are pretty bad because it forces you to pay attention only to one thing at the time + some turn the sound down or off. Most games solved it by adding objectives i.e 1 go into operator 2 use void blast on guardians 3 use void dash on kuva clouds. And tehy make sure that you will complete 1 before doing 2 or 3 and so on. That's how you teach palyers new mechanics.Doesn't matter what game you play but WF doesn't bother most of the times.

Another thing is that vast majority aren't interested in operators OR kuva farming in the slightest. They don't want and don't need to use it so they barely do after TWW quest which leads to never really learning the whole "opeartor abilities and movement". What forced most to learn is imo Eidolon battles where you have to use those 90% of the times. Peopel who never or rarely do either won't really be as experienced anyway.

Worst of all, Lotus outright tells you to attack the braids, even though they are invulnerable.
Kuva is hard to notice most of the time, especially if you don't know what are you looking for. Then, you have to figure out that you have to dash through the dark little clouds to actually harm the siphon.

It can be fixed by altering Lotus' transmissions, letting you know that it's the Kuva clouds you should be aiming for. Hint that we should listen closely to locate it, let us know that the braids overload if the collecting process is interrupted, hek, tell us that Kuva isn't a liquid, but a black and red cloud! 

But in general, the tutorial system would benefit a lot if the entries got unlocked as we play through, getting a notification every time there are new entries unlocked. For example, Ordis could just say something like "New knowledge database entries available in the Codex, Operator! They may help you to -- return in one piece--  adapt to the battlefield."

7 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

It's not that they don't understand. Dialogues during battles or missions in separate window are pretty bad because it forces you to pay attention only to one thing at the time + some turn the sound down or off. Most games solved it by adding objectives i.e 1 go into operator 2 use void blast on guardians 3 use void dash on kuva clouds. And tehy make sure that you will complete 1 before doing 2 or 3 and so on. That's how you teach palyers new mechanics.Doesn't matter what game you play but WF doesn't bother most of the times.

Another thing is that vast majority aren't interested in operators OR kuva farming in the slightest. They don't want and don't need to use it so they barely do after TWW quest which leads to never really learning the whole "opeartor abilities and movement". What forced most to learn is imo Eidolon battles where you have to use those 90% of the times. Peopel who never or rarely do either won't really be as experienced anyway.

The point is, they are farming Kuva, without knowing how to. This could be done so easily if TWW had chapter where we have to collect Kuva, or required us to collect Kuva in a solo mission after TWW is done in order to actually conclude the quest. Or again, just showing a slide-show like they do when they teach you stuff in the codex. I think there are easier ways to solve that without dividing the Kuva farming process into different steps, which aren't there to start with.

Of all the options, I think that a mandatory SOLO Kuva mission should be implemented as part of the quest line to ensure people knows how to do it before they move into the public queue.

7 hours ago, TheDarkness506 said:

It can be fixed by altering Lotus' transmissions, letting you know that it's the Kuva clouds you should be aiming for. Hint that we should listen closely to locate it, let us know that the braids overload if the collecting process is interrupted, hek, tell us that Kuva isn't a liquid, but a black and red cloud! 

I like that one, something like  "Use your void Dash or shoot at the red cloud in order to capture the Kuva". And also putting that message when the "press 5 to bring out the operator" message shows up when you get closer to the Kuva drone.

Edited by -CM-Machete

Цитата

The point is, they are farming Kuva, without knowing how to. This could be done so easily if TWW had chapter where we have to collect Kuva, or required us to collect Kuva in a solo mission after TWW is done in order to actually conclude the quest.

That doesn't solve much. If you do something once and that's it you're most likely will forget about it anyway. By the time I was redoing TWW I forgot already how to properly "fight" the maw for example. 

In the end, it takes one person to do the cloud hunting after all so in general it's no as big of a deal. It only is if you don't knw how to do it yourself.

11 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

That doesn't solve much. If you do something once and that's it you're most likely will forget about it anyway. By the time I was redoing TWW I forgot already how to properly "fight" the maw for example. 

In the end, it takes one person to do the cloud hunting after all so in general it's no as big of a deal. It only is if you don't knw how to do it yourself.

No they won't, it  is not like they will start farming 3 years after they finish the mission, and the idea of this is to teach people WHO DO NOT KNOW IT.  it definitely helps more than doing nothing. Your solution is worse because it is not even a solution.

If you forget the mechanics of something, but you did know them once, you are more likely to at least know that you NEED TO KNOW something and look it up before starting to do whatever you do, I haven't farmed Mesa in like 3 years but clearly remember you need the coordinates, putting info there, somewhere anyhow is 100% a better decision than not doing it and that's the point of this topic, the people farming Kuva with no idea re not MR20 that left it as the last thing to do for 1 year, they are new players barely meeting the requirements to play TWW who don't know this.

Edited by -CM-Machete