Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eris Archwing Sabotage - The JV Tutorial

Gandergear

-Eris, Sedna and Pluto do not have Non-Boss Archwing nodes.

-Jordas Verdict is limited to 'exp only' runs mainly due to reliance of teamwork for the nerve section.

-The nerve section is a unique tileset that is underutilized.

These points are what I want to address. I propose we add a new mission to the starchart in Eris 'Malar' (fitting in with the naming theme, but the name doesn't matter). This mission will be an Archwing Sabotage, although quite different from the normal ones. The purpose of the mission more than anything is to teach players how to do the nerves and get familar with the tile, just as infested salvage teaches players how to do the decryption while also giving them antiserum injector parts. There are three major parts to this mission.

The Arena: The mission starts as JV-3 starts, in the Jordas arena, except there's no Jordas this time, all the players will see out here are the Jordas docks, mutalist archwing enemies, and a waypoint directing them to enter one of the vents.

The Trench Runs: these will be identical to the JV runs, except no damage over time is present nor do players get ejected if their shields run out.

The Nerves: the nerves are the most important part to this mission, to win, the player must destroy one and then leave within a minute (rather than 15s) before the purge occurs. However since this normally would require at least 1 teammate, some changes must be made.

1. Remove the damage over time, lower the spawns, and remove the vapes.

2. Consoles can't be 'clogged' but are only on during the appropriate portion of the mission.

3. Buttons are permanently pressed when stood upon.

4. esophages don't need to be powered, but only activate during the appropriate time (triggered to consoles or buttons)

5. Waypoints to appropriate locations with appropriate mission objective descriptions.

Rewards: Archwing mods should be enough.

I know some people are going to post just to say that Trials and Archwing are abandoned features, and to those people you don't have to reply. This is to give players the benefit of being able to practice something they want, not an opportunity for you to divulge how much you don't like something.

Edited by Gandergear
Clarity

I like this idea quite a bit.  I've not done JV and would like to without crippling a team while learning what to do.  This would be a great way to learn pieces of the mechanics at low to no risk. 

And Archwing and Trials may be "abandoned" features but, i still find them fun which really is all thats important. 

19 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

-JV is limited to 'exp only' runs mainly due to reliance of teamwork for the nerve section.

Are you taking about the Raid or the Boss that drops Atlas? Because the Atlas Boss does not require exp-players at all.

4 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Are you taking about the Raid or the Boss that drops Atlas? Because the Atlas Boss does not require exp-players at all.

I mean, it says JV in the thread so it's kinda obvious that it's The Jordas Verdict.

But I like the idea. Gives the new player the idea of stage 3's tileset without having to go the raid itself. :)

2 minutes ago, Xantheis said:

my assumption was the raid/trial.  the boss is pretty straight forward as you say. 

Ah, okay then I completely agree with you. That would probably make more players interested in trials or just Archwing in general.

Yea dude seriously. If you're inexperienced everyone either gets mad at you for joining,  doesn't have the time to teach,  or those that do have time to teach don't know how to teach lol. They could either give us a mission or a run through of the raid in the codex or something. I'd absolutely love that that mission has a lot to it.