Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Booster and End of Mission Resource rewards

Thundervision

Greetings o/

One of the many things that keep bothering me for a long time is our mighty Resource Booster. I've been bothered by it since like the first Resource Alerts, but just like with other stuff, I either forget about it or laziness bites me in that one spot... Right now, only Credit Booster applies to End of Mission rewards while the Resource one works only with the pickups. Sadly, I should've probably posted this right back then when there weren't unique resources like Nitain or Synthula, so it wouldn't lead to potential «Boo! Hoo! P2W!» outcry.

Back in early OBT (and probably CBT, too) days many folks thought it was intentional that Credit Booster affected only the enemy's credit drops, well it did what it says in its description anyway:

Credit Booster: doubles the amount of credits you get from pickups

EDIT:

Don't know when it was changed, but the current in-game description for Credit Booster is:

Doubles the amount of credits you get from pickups and mission rewards.

It doubled the pickups aka credit drops. Seems about right. Well, at least it did so until HF#9.5.3:

Fixes:

Fix for credit booster not applying to end-of-match reward.

Oh.

Turned out that the initial intention was to make it apply to both drops and mission reward. This hotfix was around the time we've got the Resource Alerts which, however, weren't affected by Resource Booster at all.

Okay, let's check it out:

Resource Booster: doubles the amount of resources you get from pickups

Unfortunately, this one does exactly what it says. It only applies to resources you pick up. Yet, both boosters have the exact same description. Weird, isn't it?

Currently, Resource booster doesn't affect

• Alerts's Resource rewards,
  • I'm not sure about the Endless Mission's reward but I suppose it doesn't affect those as well (Synthula, OCell, Mutagen etc.)
  • resource bundles from hidden caches (Sabotage 2.0, Hive, Lua Exterminate)
  • Sortie's Kuva
  • Bounty's Kuva, Wisp etc.

in other words, it doesn't affect End of Mission resources you get by completing the mission. This makes me very curious if it was just an oversight.

And now there's also Nitain Extract

• 100% in Alert which appears at least 4 times per day roughly every 5 hours, for example: Jan 15th -- #1st at 3:35am, #2nd at 8:39am, #3rd at 1:47pm, #4th at 6:37pm. 
  • 2% in Sabotage 2.0's Rot C

and Sortie's Kuva.

Both come in x1 and x6000 units and can't be affected by anything. I suppose, with the appearence of the former one this topic is a really tricky one, because there are folks calling Nitain Extract very grindy, but then, the moment it gets affected by Resource Booster, you will hear «the game becomes P2W! You can't buy Nitain so they're making you buy the booster!» and most likely those threads. The question of fairness of the amount of resources you get from the Caches or Sortie or Bounty is the other topic.

But, comparing to Credit Booster, wouldn't it make more sense to let it double Mission Reward's resources as well?

Because, suddenly, doing Bounties and Sortie with the chance of getting x600 and x12000 Kuva, or x40 Void Traces, or x500 Oxium from the cache isn't bad at all, is it?

Edited by Thundervision
eh... dun goofed. Turned out the in-game description for Credit Booster was changed