Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Event/Enemy Faction Concept] The Dark Bribe, The Return of the Black Seed {Responses to Devstream #101 and Valkyr Prime Trailer}

FoxFX

PROLOGUE

They have returned.

Frohd Bek has reported many hidden research labs overtaken by the Black Seed. The Black Seed seems to be plundering secret tech and weaponry that have yet to be released to the Corpus market. The group have warned that if Frohd Bek were to act , top secret projects and information will be leaked throughout the Origin System. Frohd is acting extremely suspicious about the contents of these labs which warrants investigating this situation.

You have two options on how to deal with the situation. On one hand, you can eliminate the Black Seed pirates and their key members as much as yo ca to drive them away from the labs. In the other, you can intercept their plundering operation and apprehend whatever tech and information the Black Seed is stealing from Frohd.

Either ways, the Lotus wants to handle the Black Seed situation and find out what secret is hidden in the research labs.

WHO OR WHAT ARE THE BLACK SEED

• LINK TO THE FACTION AND THEIR ROLE IN THE TACTICAL EVENT "THE BLACK SEED SCOURGE"

• The Black seed were Corpus who play out as antagonists to Frohd Bek and were revealed during the Black Seed Scourge Event

• They infiltrated and unleashed Alad V's Juggernaut Spores throughout the Orokin System which also lead to the release of the Juggernaut Behemoth boss. During the event, members of the Black Seed were captured by the Tenno and the Juggernaut Behemoths were all defeated.

• At the end of the event, the remaining members of the Black Seed were driven into hiding

THE ROLE THE BLACK SEED TAKE IN THIS CONCEPT

The Black Seed now take the role as Warframe's space pirate antagonist faction that develop a feud with Frohd Bek and the Tenno after the events of the Black Seed Scourge. They take measures to raid Corpus sites of their wares and rob whoever they can. To upgrade their capability to do so, with some of their members once serving under Frohd Bek, they plot to raid a private research lab funded by Frohd Bek which contains never released Corpus weapons and information for the Black Seed to take.

THE DARK BRIBE EVENT

The event can take place in one or more of the Corpus-controlled planets. Much like past Events which allow players to choose one path or the other (Tubemen of Regor, The Gradivus Dilemma), this event also will allow players to choose which direction this event will end up.

• [Choice One] DEFEAT THE BLACK SEED: Tenno can choose to eliminate the Black Seed space pirates that are in these private research labs. Missions include Exterminate, Capture, and Survival Missions.

• [Choice Two] STEAL THE TECH/INTEL OF THE LABS FROM THE BLACK SEED: Tenno can choose to take the tech and information the Black Seed are siphoning from the labs. Missions include Mobile Defense, Defense, and a new mission type: Land Rush.

• [New Mission Land Rush]: This mission type is inspired by the Archwing Mission type: Rush but it is done in land and there is a new mechanic added to it. The squad can hack into any console to further delay the time the Black Seed wish to escape with the tech. Also, there are other Black Seed officers in the map the Tenno can attack that the evacuation group are waiting for. Defeating those officers further delays the time the Black Seed can escape at the end. A maximum of 3 officers can be targeted, and each officer defeated grants a reward. The end of the missions requires the Tenno to destroy a Condor Dropship. There is a special option to do so which involves a new Corpus Rampart.

DETAILS ON THE BLACK SEED

• Enemy Boss Design : One of the enemies I was trying to work on was a Commander of the Black Seed. The design and combat abilities of this particular enemy was inspired by the DC character, Black Manta. This commander would have an "optical blaster" he could fire from his helmet as well as a couple of deploy gadgets to use.

• [The Design Direction of the Black Seed]: I was hoping to make the Black Seed to be the "Corpus version of the Grineer's Nightwatch." They won't have any Nullifiers in their faction, but they make up for it with the unique gadgets and weapons they use. Their color scheme can be the same as their colors during the Black Seed Scourge (Red&Black).

DETAILED LIST OF BLACK SEED ENEMIES FOR EVENT

Spoiler

BLACK SEED CREWMAN

FLESH:  60

SHIELD:  150

WEAPON:  Tetra

ABILITIES:  Plasma Grenade, Deployable Shield

The common Black Seed Crewmen that crash test an experimented deployable shield module that resembles the Volt Shield ability. Deployable Shields can absorb a set amount of damage and dissipate after 10 seconds.

BLACK SEED DUAL PROD

FLESH:  100

SHIELD:  50

WEAPON:  Dual Prova

ABILITIES:  Accelerator Module

The Black Seed Dual Prod are Black Seed melee troops. They are outfitted with an Accelerator Module which allows them to dash in and out of combat in fast successions.

BLACK SEED TECH

FLESH:  700

SHIELD:  200

WEAPON:  Arca Plasmor

ABILITIES:  Deploy Cryo Osprey

The Black Seed Tech wields the powerful Arca Plasmor and summon a Cryo Osprey.

BLACK SEED CRYO OSPREY

ROBOTIC:  300

WEAPON:  Laser Repeater

ABILITIES:  Cryogenic Kamikaze

The Black Seed Cryo Osprey is modified with Cryotic Alloys. Fires its repeater at enemies and will kamikaze at low heath exploding in a blast of a Cold burst.

BLACK SEED JOLT MOA

ROBOTIC:  60

WEAPON:  Concentrated Amprex Gun

ABILITIES:  Shockwave Stomp

The Black Seed Jolt MOA which fires a concentrated electric discharge which won't chain to other enemies. At close range, this robot will stomp to push enemies away from it.

[Weapons and Abilities of Black Seed Enemies]

• Melee Crewman with "Dual Provas" or a new sword-board "Prova and Delta". Some can be outfitted with a device that can teleport themselves around

• Crewmen with the Arca Guns

• Common Black Seed Crewmen that use Tetra

• A MOA outfitted with the Convectrix firing mechanic

• Osprey outfitted with Amprex (but only chains electric at lower ranges)

• A new Heavy Armored Crewman that uses the Serro/Arca Titron

• A Bursa that has a tech which causes a field of increased gravity lowering the height a Warframe can jump and would damage the Warframe each time they take a step on the field.

REWARD FOR THE EVENT

Depending on which path a player went to most, they can receive a Corpus Glaive which has a unique return mechanic or the Dual Prova which has a unique charge attack which fire a short-ranged AOE Electric discharge

HIDDEN GOODIES AND SPOILER IDEAS TO INCLUDE IN THIS EVENT TO TIE INTO FUTURE CONTENT

• The end of this Event can have a final showdown against one of Frohd Bek's newly tested proxies as a new boss fight.

SPOILER ON POSSIBLE MAJOR PLOT LINE FOR THIS EVENT BELOW

Spoiler

From the events that have occurred in the [Valkyr Prime Trailer], it is assumed that there are Corpus that are collecting scraps of Sentient tech to develop and research on new weapons that could be made from them. This event also will contain the research team discovering the whereabouts of a Sentient Outpost that [DE] mentioned in the latest TennoCon.

tumblr_omwyv6vJYv1sdtr1zo9_500.gif

POSSIBLE BOSS FOR THIS CONCEPT BASED ON DEVSTREAMS {WHICH COULD BE MACHINES MADE FROM SENTIENT TECH}

warframe__corpus_arachnoids_hunger_and_m

warframe__corpus_arachnoids_wraith_and_c

REASONS BEHIND THIS CONCEPT

• Devstream 101 had [DE] declare that they are planning an update to be more Corpus-centered. I was inspired by this to bring up a faction I feel can have the potential for some lore surrounding the Corpus.

• For the longest time, the Grineer have been the faction with the greatest amount of enemy variations. I feel the Black Seed can be a group which can further the Corpus enemy variation a bit more especially when it comes to background lore on the Corpus

• Events that allow players to choose one direction or the other have been recently absent and from some perspective have been one of the most community-engaging events Warframe has offered.

Edited by FoxFX

13 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

New open world map will be on Venus with Corpus faction , its a great opportunity to implement this kind of event / bounties :D

Like the concept +1

Glad you enjoyed this. I am working on a design for the Corpus Glaive which has a unique return function.

With the addition of the Corpus Glaive and Dual Prova as possible rewards, I am also looking into adding in a new idea for a Corpus Primary Weapon. I will update on this idea for a weapon later.

I am also thinking of making quick sketches and/or texts describing the abilities of each of the Black Seed mobs.

Sample Art on the CORPUS GLAIVE

jaecyn_riddick_s_chakram_by_chrisns-d3g5

Work found in DeviantArt by ChrisNs

A part of me is thinking of making this specific Corpus Glaive have base Electric Damage, and another part of me thinks that it could switch between Electric and Slash based on if it is thrown or returning. Stats and name of this concept Corpus Glaive is still in progress.

NEW ENEMY WORKOUT:

BLACK SEED CREWMAN

FLESH:  60

WEAPON:  Tetra

ABILITIES:  Plasma Grenade, Deployable Shield

The common Black Seed Crewmen that crash test an experimented deployable shield module that resembles the Volt Shield ability. Deployable Shields can absorb a set amount of damage and dissipate after 10 seconds.

BLACK SEED DUAL PROD

FLESH:  100

SHIELD:  50

WEAPON:  Dual Prova

ABILITIES:  Accelerator Module

The Black Seed Dual Prod are Black Seed melee troops. They are outfitted with an Accelerator Module which allows them to dash in and out of combat in fast successions.

BLACK SEED TECH

FLESH:  700

SHIELD:  200

WEAPON:  Arca Plasmor

ABILITIES:  Deploy Cryo Osprey

The Black Seed Tech wields the powerful Arca Plasmor and summon a Cryo Osprey.

BLACK SEED CRYO OSPREY

ROBOTIC:  300

WEAPON:  Laser Repeater

ABILITIES:  Cryogenic Kamikaze

The Black Seed Cryo Osprey is modified with Cryotic Alloys. Fires its repeater at enemies and will kamikaze at low heath exploding in a blast of a Cold burst.

BLACK SEED JOLT MOA

ROBOTIC:  60

WEAPON:  Concentrated Amprex Gun

ABILITIES:  Shockwave Stomp

The Black Seed Jolt MOA which fires a concentrated electric discharge which won't chain to other enemies. At close range, this robot will stomp to push enemies away from it.

I am working on designing the appearance of a normal Black Seed Crewman. However, I am relatively bad when it comes to color.

In the meantime, there is another character and event that I am thinking of making which involves content that has not been touched for a while.

I have a recent project working on for a new Corpus "Villainess" what will have a unique feud with Cephalon Simaris leading to a new endgame content. In the meantime, I am still hoping some of you would share your thoughts on the relevance the Corpus have as antagonists in relation to the other factions.

I was hoping that there were some more people to look into this concept and remember the Black Seed Faction, alas not many answers or responses given so far. I will continue to make improvements on this.

In the meantime, I am working on another Corpus villain that will be in a storyline with Cephalon Simaris.