Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes invulnerable to elemental damage

wrenchedup

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)Graysmog said:

Plus, this would effectively be like saying "oh, well, a flamethrower shoots out fire, so it must be immune to it!"

Even if Warframes got small resistances to anything, nothing would change. 10 to 20% is negligible and won't matter as levels rise, and would be an awful Passive considering that Frost is the only purely Elemental Warframe with any sort of toughness. If it was any higher, the Mods we already have could be used to make us immune to certain procs, invalidating other Warframes and enforcing the use of certain ones, which can't be helped for say, something like an Eidolon Teralyst, but in general missions?, shouldn't matter. 

As @Tsukinoki already said, this would be horribly unbalanced. Some Warframes would get a massive boost, some would get next to nothing, and it wouldn't stop there. Should Nezha get Fire Resistance too? How about Nova getting Blast Resistance? Maybe Ash takes less damage from Slash?

Hek, to make it fair, ALL enemies should be immune or heavily resistant to elementals of their same type, instead of a few like Toxin Ancients and Nox's. Yeah, that doesn't sound like a bad idea.

It's just pointless and an awful idea all around.

@(Xbox One)Graysmog  I understand both ways of this but you can’t compare a weapon to a warframe because weapons don’t have mods to resist elements warframes do, so that’s why it would be cool if Frames that can manipulate elements could be resistive just a little bit, I’m not saying completely immune that would be boring right? And I like your Ash Slash idea!!,

So basically this would be like a built in Arcane for elemental resistance. 

40 minutes ago, wrenchedup said:

@(Xbox One)Graysmog  I understand both ways of this but you can’t compare a weapon to a warframe because weapons don’t have mods to resist elements warframes do, so that’s why it would be cool if Frames that can manipulate elements could be resistive just a little bit, I’m not saying completely immune that would be boring right? And I like your Ash Slash idea!!,

So basically this would be like a built in Arcane for elemental resistance. 

What else am I going to compare? There's really nothing else, and regardless, my original point remains. Weapons don't need those Mods because they're not Warframes, that's kind of an obtuse and illogical point.

Adding such resistances would either be too strong, not strong enough, incredibly situational, too favorable to certain Warframes due to enemy types or pointless. No real need to add them when anything that would truly be okay to add would do nothing in the grand scheme of things, and people really only seem to want it to justify that a Warframe like Frost shouldn't be slowed just because he controls ice. I mean, we can slow Arctic Eximi or freeze them solid, by said previous logic that shouldn't be possible. Yet here we are.

DE keeps the Elemental Resistance Mods around too to avoid favoritism and since they personally believe that it wouldn't be balanced. Why bring any Warframe except Saryn against Infested, since she can stack her Passive resistance with the Mods we already have to become completely immune to Toxin damage?

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog