Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gameplay for Veterans

ThatOneGuy818

I sincerely love this game, but I'm considering not playing for awhile. It's for the same reason that many other veterans stop playing, the "All dressed up and no where to go" argument. I just see too many ways that devs could address this issue, but don't for some reason. They could do 10 mission long Nightmare Sorties that start off at Lv 100 and up for players at MR 15 and higher to give players something difficult to aim for. They could give things like exclusive glyphs, sigils, cosmetics, and endo for rewards. They could revive the dark sector take overs and require harder goals for clans. They could do any number of things that give veterans somethings to do with their existing powerful weapons and loadouts, but it just seems like it isn't going to happen. I've posted in the forum quite a few times with no response regarding new gameplay for vets from dev. I'm sure I just need to find something else to play.

Well stuff like that simply doesn't really sound that appealing really. 10 missions of nightmare buffed lvl 100+ enemies doesn't sound fun or engaging. Especially with only stuff like sigils and glyphs. Its just whats already present buffed up and smashed together. I prefer the other methods of testing the limits by introducing better fights like how the Teralyst is compared to normal enemies.

For me, endgame is the Mot, Void. It's a two part challenge, getting your frame in there (meaning not dying right after hacking the console) and surviving past one hour.

If you don't really want to take a break from Warframe here's some stuff I like to do for fun.

Loot Ember & Sabotage: My favorite, I've modded an amazingly energy efficient Ember equipped with Loot Detector, Thief's Wit and Master Thief and I take her into reactor sabotages and syndicate sabotages, captures and exterminates. I get a decent amount of sculptures and ayatan stars. Also, an occasional special container!

Relic Rush: If I have a pile of 100+ of a particular relic I try to see how many I can open. It's also part of my getting stuff for ducats farm.

MK1 Challenge: Granted base damage causes a limit to what you can do with any weapon, I find it fun to put forma and powerful mods on the MK1 weapons.

Plat Rush: My least favorite, but it involves getting all 24 (in my case) or 25 trades done before logging off.

Recruit Chat Helper: just go in and invite people that are asking for help with missions and stuff.

PC Vets are missing out on a great opportunity. Console people like me that want to be prepared for the next update are looking for a YouTube "How to Prepare for..." series. I no longer care about spoilers, I just want to be ready. For instance, when I saw PC forum members discuss Hema research costs, I immediately went to farm mutagen sample so I didn't have to wait forever to get it. Also, when a frame gets reworked, I always check out vids on how the new experience will affect my play style.

2 hours ago, ThatOneGuy818 said:

I sincerely love this game, but I'm considering not playing for awhile. It's for the same reason that many other veterans stop playing, the "All dressed up and no where to go" argument. I just see too many ways that devs could address this issue, but don't for some reason. They could do 10 mission long Nightmare Sorties that start off at Lv 100 and up for players at MR 15 and higher to give players something difficult to aim for. They could give things like exclusive glyphs, sigils, cosmetics, and endo for rewards. They could revive the dark sector take overs and require harder goals for clans. They could do any number of things that give veterans somethings to do with their existing powerful weapons and loadouts, but it just seems like it isn't going to happen. I've posted in the forum quite a few times with no response regarding new gameplay for vets from dev. I'm sure I just need to find something else to play.

I feel like there is no possible level of enemies in this game that give gameplay that is both fun and challenging. Enemies of any level can be cheesed by CC spam, and it gets to a point where the enemies are just too bullet-spongey. That's no fun. If you remove the CC, then enemies insta-kill you and that's no fun either.

I feel like Eidolons were meant to address this issue, and if you approach them without the typical pre-made team comp then they can be a decent challenge and they are tanky enough to put your gear to the test; however, it's the same encounter every time. I feel like we will have to wait until a possible Sentient faction (more than the Sentient enemies we currently have) or a sweeping redesign of game mechanics to find the challenge that you seem to be looking for.

On 1/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

MK1 Challenge: Granted base damage causes a limit to what you can do with any weapon, I find it fun to put forma and powerful mods on the MK1 weapons.

Not a true Vet till you have a 13* no potato Mk1 Braton.

pxc8G2h.jpg