Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Custom Helmet Concept

GrandLibra

Been wanting to create a custom helmet for a while now, and never got further then a few sketches until now.
I'm not super experienced with modelling right now (even less so with texturing), but I reckon it turned out okay overall.
The model that I have right now (shown below) is really only a proof of concept and I'm sure it has many mistakes, but I'll try hammer those out, and possibly make it entirely from scratch again to hone my skills.

So without further ado, the helmet itself:

8wswJGE.jpg
Original sketch, with Nyx's default colours roughly drawn in.
Horns are metallic, and the darker grey is non-colourable.

lwkAIou.jpg
3 Quarter view.
Body is the downloadable one from Tenno-Gen.
The 'eyes' aren't modelled in, because I was struggling to get them to look right, and decided that it just looked better without them.

uHabeoE.jpg
Front view.

ogTyhYJ.jpg
Side view.

The helmet itself is based off of a five-pointed star, and was originally intended as a Nova helm, before I realised it would likely fit Nyx's aesthetic better.
I currently have to possible names for the helmet in mind, the hallowed helm (as seen in the sketch) and the celestial helm.

Like I said the model is very rough, and I have no intention of uploading this to the Steam Workshop anytime soon. I am just posting this here to see if people would react to a helmet such as this one.
I openly welcome, and await your criticisms, any suggestions are welcome.

-thestubydugong

Modelled in Autodesk Maya.

Edited by thestubydugong

Not bad, kinda reminds of that one valkyr helmet tho.

Something I was thinking of is instead of giving her one giant horn like her nemesis skin and default skin, make a helmet that gives her two of them? They go almost straight back across her head like yours  with a little more curve but Flatish looking too, bigger in size, 3-4x longer, and start near her forehead.

I think all the warframes with 2 or more horns have them protruding from the side of their heads never the top, maybe nxt can be the one to claim the style?

Other than that I do like the fierce vibe the helmet gives off when you're looking at it from the front! Well actually I like the helmet a lot lol but I keep thinking of valkyr's helmet and it's just sorta ruining it for me I guess

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--