Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies 2.0

(PSN)JAyMaN002

Idk what number we’re at, but I’m calling it 2.0 for now. Anyway, the thread was about what  better defenses we could give to enemies instead of just basic level-scaling (same enemy at a higher level is just so brain-dead after a while)  

Grineer: Let’s give them heavy cannons they can set up on the battlefield as artillery weapons.  Also update some current enemies.

• Blob launchers, like a sticky grenade launcher, that immobilizes us for a few seconds. Maybe our melee weapons can cut each other out of it. If we’re solo, we gotta bullet jump a few times to break out of it. 

• Blast shields, like those orange security barriers, but they set them up as shields for themselves. The inflatable things they use are kinda dumb. 

• Arena Rollers, idk why the arena rollers only unfold into mobile cannons on Sedna, but they need to do that on every planet because it gives them more of a purpose then just staggering us. They’re annoying and boring. 

• More Manics! And I only say this cause I personally think they’re a fun enemy to fight (Sorry if you disagree lol). I think they should throw grenades too, and not be so melee based. With that said, it makes no sense how they become invulnerable when you manage to immobilize them. Just give them better offense and teleportation as their defense. 

• Tanks. As bulky as the Grineer are they still could use a Tanky enemy that stampedes across the battlefield. Not a short range melee charge, a heavy damaging one that tramples us if we’re caught in it. This could be a mini boss enemy for us, similar to the Corpus’ Ambulas/ Bursa units. (If you know the Krogan from Mass Effect games, picture that in Warframe). Just something bulky and dangerous. 

• Scorpions should be more agile. They’re way too easy to kill. Sure they can grapple you if you don’t see them coming but that dumb grapple is more annoying than Rollers. Maybe they can have smoke pellets for themselves, and some jump attacks. They’re built like ninjas, so evasive tactics would fit them. 

• Prosecutors....The first time Lotus warned me about one showing up, I thought it would’ve been a new dangerous enemy I wouldn’t be ready to fight. Then I killed it in like 2 shots.......I think Prosecutors can be super exilus units that deal elemental damage every time their staff hits you. And a close range execution attack that could insta-kill us if we get too close (kinda like Manics). Sounds like too much, but if we’re space ninjas we should be good right? 

Corpus: They’re technology based so im thinking their challenge should increase with their technology.

• Shield bubbles, that they can set up for themselves sort of like nullifier bubbles but smaller. They can walk into them and shooting them would repel our projectiles. They can be connected by a shield generator that they hide from us somewhere nearby, and we destroy that to deactivate them. Maybe even hack them to work for us instead. 

• Arachno-Bots, I was thinking that a type of spider robot would be cool in game. Something like medium size, a Little smaller than Moa’s, but a lot more agile (climbing on walls) and have a  web launcher. They can fire it like a grapple hook that siphons shields from us to replenish its own. 

• Singularity weapons, maybe Corpus have badass cannons too. They hover them across the battle and activate it to slow us down, all our projectiles would get sucked into it. Destroying it from behind like Bursa units can destroy it. 

I think infested enemies are good enough, they have decent Synergy at high levels. i just think the overall grapple attack needs to be more intimidating, but at least let us bullet jump out of it smh. 

For Void enemies, the diversity of their units should increase. Like throw in some heavier Grineer And Corpus units, instead of the same repeating enemies. The Void is supposed to be the conglomerate of all enemies but we’re not getting that 100%. 

I know all of this is personal preference. But I thought enemies could use some overall upgrades. Lemme know what you think lol 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)JAyMaN002 said:

attack that could insta-kill us if we get too close (kinda like Manics). Sounds like too much, but if we’re space ninjas we should be good right? 

I'd prefer an intense combo which can stagger and knock us down, and then if he does knock us down he'll go in for a finish that either takes more than half of our health or one-shots us (depending on enemy level) But I was also expecting some super dangers "oh crud" enemy... Now it's ust slide and they're dead or one shot and they're dead.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)JAyMaN002 said:

Arachno-Bots, I was thinking that a type of spider robot would be cool in game. Something like medium size, a Little smaller than Moa’s, but a lot more agile (climbing on walls) and have a  web launcher. They can fire it like a grapple hook that siphons shields from us to replenish its own. 

warframe__corpus_arachnoids_hunger_and_m
These guys were shown in a devstream last year (it was one of the first of 2017 I think) probs gonna be for the new tileset coming to a Venus near you.

il y a 27 minutes, LightningsVengance a dit :

I'd prefer an intense combo which can stagger and knock us down, and then if he does knock us down he'll go in for a finish that either takes more than half of our health or one-shots us (depending on enemy level) But I was also expecting some super dangers "oh crud" enemy... Now it's ust slide and they're dead or one shot and they're dead.

warframe__corpus_arachnoids_hunger_and_m
These guys were shown in a devstream last year (it was one of the first of 2017 I think) probs gonna be for the new tileset coming to a Venus near you.

Oh S#&$ I never saw those!! That’s gonna be so cool. Hopefully the buff everything else in the next update 🙄

15 hours ago, Gandergear said:

Enemies need balance rn, their armor scaling is broken as and needs to be capped at 90% reduction

That's why JAyMaN's making these recommendations; I'd rather fight a smarter enemy than a bigger bullet sponge. I rather like the idea of the mobile artillery crew. A squad of four Grineer spawn and move to a location to set up a field mortar. Something that launches rockets similar to the Tusk Bombard instead of 'just another bombard with massive health and armor' Take out one of the artillerymen and the unit slows or stops until another Grineer steps up

I feel like the biggest weakness of the Grineer army towards the Tenno is their lack of ability disruption. Grineer disruptors already exist in the Nightmare LoR raid; Let special units and eximus units deploy them in field when they're getting devastated by Tenno. 

There definitely needs to be more field bosses though, Manics/prosecutors/bursas/Scrambus' don't quite cut it. Sprag, Mini jackal, The PoE Commanders, even G3 and Zanuka need to make more frequent appearances. 

Il y a 9 heures, RICK_BO a dit :

That's why JAyMaN's making these recommendations; I'd rather fight a smarter enemy than a bigger bullet sponge. I rather like the idea of the mobile artillery crew. A squad of four Grineer spawn and move to a location to set up a field mortar. Something that launches rockets similar to the Tusk Bombard instead of 'just another bombard with massive health and armor' Take out one of the artillerymen and the unit slows or stops until another Grineer steps up

I feel like the biggest weakness of the Grineer army towards the Tenno is their lack of ability disruption. Grineer disruptors already exist in the Nightmare LoR raid; Let special units and eximus units deploy them in field when they're getting devastated by Tenno. 

There definitely needs to be more field bosses though, Manics/prosecutors/bursas/Scrambus' don't quite cut it. Sprag, Mini jackal, The PoE Commanders, even G3 and Zanuka need to make more frequent appearances. 

This is all I’m saying. Thanks lol