Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hammers and Nails (IC)

InfiniumV

On 2018-05-02 at 12:55 AM, InfiniumV said:

The Reporter, The Revenant, The Raider - Disruptis, Allmighty Jado

Hide contents

With the situation at last dying down, Feyerit had almost joined the collective sigh of relief when he noticed yet more visitors had now arrived in the hangar. Now Feyerit was fairly easygoing but with all the commotion he was starting to get worried that his fathers coffers mightn't be enough to pay for their fees. And now on top of that, a certain series of operatives had now arrived - Each one more odd than the last.

His helmet had inbuilt facial recognition and more oft than not utilized it for convenience - With a glance he had reactivated the energy skates and was gliding towards one of the newer arrivals of the facility - A peculiar figure for certs as he was clad in armor that plain out seemed ancient for the times they were living in, but Feyerit was well learned enough to know that even if something spectacularly old fashioned, that it could still outcompete or outperform its equivalent.

Regardless, the Omni-comba began gliding towards the armored fellow, fishing out one of the many ID chips in his pocket.
"Hail, my strange friend - I imagine your here for the b-b-bou...er..." Feyerit stopped mid-sentence, his arm frozen in a half extended positon as his head traced the vessel of another applicant.

And to the Corpus, the visage of death itself - As the jagged vessel laid itself down in the hanger, many crewmen became visibly agitated - The Veil were known throughout the system, and the fact that one had showed up in the hanger reinforced the notion that the Veil was now watching intently. Feyerit himself was practically shaking in his shoes and he considered himself to have at least half a spine. He turned back to Daubney, practically thrusting the ID-Tag into his grip uttering a quick apology for his rudeness before mustering what courage he could in order to face the latest newcomer, disabling his skates as he did so.

As Holden himself departed from his vessel, he'd be able to feel the tangible aura of dread around him - A scant few were brave enough to gaze upon him, but all were trying to make it look like they weren't aware of him in the hopes that his wrath would not be incurred. Most just wanted to go about their day-to-day activities, not face a Veil. The quiet would be interrupted as the tap of metal boot heels began inching closer before a less than discreet cough,

"Ah, Wel...Welcome to the Hystruc Salvage Yards my friend, I-I Trust you will need this?" Feyerit extended his hand, with one of the ID chips in hand, smiling a nervous smile - However, Holden would be able to read his body language in that he was quite frankly, terrified.
Feyerit was just hoping this gray-maned fellow wasn't going to plant one right between his eyes.

Holden marched with his back straight and stiff, his chin slightly higher than everyone else’s. His mask hid his face, but his eyes seems to pierce through everything, straight into Feyrit’s soul.

”Ah, may The Chains bless you,” the voice of Holden thanked, its sound warped and raspy by the voice changer built into his outfit. “I trust this is the identification chip for your... doorbell program?” Holden’s fingers extended forward, splayed out, hovering dead still in the air, waiting for Feyrit to drop the object into his palm. Holden’s head drifted around, soaking in the sights as he began to take note of and memorize everything he could about the hangar... including the armour clad individual just away from him.

”By Rell, could it be?”

• 2 weeks later...

Daubeny surveyed the overload of information happening around him, trying to assemble a feel for how this place was operated and how he should act. His concentration was broken as Feyrit forced an ID tag onto him. With a frown hidden behind his helmet and a question forming on the tip of his tongue, the greeter scurried away from him and to another newcomer. What in Divus am I to do with this? he pondered.

The thought only lasted a couple seconds before the hulking General caught sight of the Veil operative. Daubeny’s mouth stretched to form a massive grin as he approached his acquaintance.

“By Gaeen I’d never... What brings an old sage like you to an icicle like this?”

Edited by Disruptis

• 3 weeks later...

"I got this..." Osiris muttered, aiming the cross hairs of his Vulkar at the pilot of the Corpus ship, serial number:5874. It was now or never, Osiris would have to wait for years before another golden opportunity for intercepting the cargo ship appeared. "Three..Two..O-", *beep* *beep* *beep*. That familiar sound came from his transponder, and that familiar sound had caused him to lose the cargo ship as it flew through the raging storms of Venus. "What the hell do you want?!" he said as he whipped out his transponder from his pouch. He was pissed, why wouldn't he be? His intel suggested that the cargo on that ship was worth more than a Reactor sold on the black market, it could have been his ticket to a better life; no more scavenging. It was a message from The Perrin Sequence, from Ergo Glast himself. The message contained an approach vector, a program simply named as "Doorbell", and a reward that Osiris couldn't decline. "Well, screw that ship!". Luckily for Osiris, the coordinates led to somewhere not far from here, along the equatorial mountains of Venus. Osiris had to navigate through the violent storms of Venus in order to reach the undisclosed location. Suicide mission? Check. But it's worth it, Osiris thought as he jumped into the cockpit of his fighter. Well...the Red Veil's fighter.

---------------

*CRACK* Thunder boomed around the fighter as Osiris tried his best to navigate through the storm, following the approach vector as closely as he could, over the seas of Venus and the tons of deadly Corpus infrastructure. It was as if Volt Prime himself was casting Discharge over and over again above Osiris. "Advise heading back. Advise heading back..." the fighter's computer repeated, but listening to advice wasn't what Osiris could say was his forte. Nevertheless, despite the slim chances for a human to survive the storm, he did it. Falling below the clouds and now faced by the dim lights from the location. The rain was still pouring but at least Osiris was now out of the danger zone. His ship began to slow down due to the kinetic dampener. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that this was where one would activate the "Doorbell" program; and so Osiris did, alerting the staff of his presence. While hovering nearby, a Corpus ship managed to fly past him with ease, with familiar numbers painted on the side, "5874", heading towards the yards. A light smirk formed on Osiris's face...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-01 at 11:55 PM, InfiniumV said:

The return of reason - All parties

Reveal hidden contents

The situation had seemingly gone from a scene of laid back reassurance into a hair-trigger standoff between two groups - To be fair, most of the crewmen wanted this to be over so that they could get back to work and not be in the firing line of the most lethal golems in the origin system.
It also should point out that one party was quite outmatched, and his support was all to likely to not support.

"It was a mistake! Seriously! I didn't mean no ill intent." But the plea fell on deaf ears and a silence.

But this is Hemlock, and his apathy had gutted him a long time ago - His gaze was transfixed on the offending Volt. It didn't matter in his eyes that Zan hadn't done anything malicious or had any offensive intent at all, he'd just made himself a problem.
Hemlock didn't like problems. Hemlock didn't really like anything at this point.

"It was just a simple accident. A one-off. Honestly, I won't do it again, and it won't happen again." More noises from the interloper.

Regardless, when the entirety of the Hangar bay practically was either; A - Glaring at you. B - Pointing their Gun at you. C - Staring you down and finally D - Trying to talk you down, it made Hemlock start considering the situation rather deeply. Deeper than the usual tedium, as for once this seemed like an accident - The Volt caught-in-the-headlights as it were. Regardless, he kept the Quartakk leveled on the offender despite the fact that J'kotal stood in the way like the impertinent sot he was.

Then everything went a million miles a minute. The sound of talons and rapid footfalls meant that another Tenno was coming to intercede - Allready coiled like a spring, Hemlock waited for an attack -

"Hey, woah, ease up!" A Zephyr, grinding to a halt as she stood in a ready, but idle position. He could see her, but only via his peripherals.
- That would never come. It was a symbiote. Good for the mission, He presumed. 

"What the bloody blue beach balls on Bellamy station is goin' on?" The Zephyr would continue,

"Hey!" Another voice, Female, and much younger.

It was at this moment that another party decided to stick their nose into these affairs as he felt the void shimmer and flow. Another Tenno, A Zariman like himself - The way the latent energy felt was more akin to water than anything. The culprit, one Takar Lathra then stepped into view, going around him and to J'kotals side and manifesting her latent powers as a healing light.

"Calm down. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for all of this, but we won't find it by attacking each other." Another reprimand. Hemlock remained quiet.

But when Takar appeared from behind him, Hemlocks head tilted enough to catch her in his sight and then was promptly pushed that little bit further into his nigh-livid state, but his somatic training had kicked in and the only hint of his vexation was that he was twitching ever so slightly. The fact that she hadn't attempted to attack was even further proof of a peaceful intent and proof that there would be no fighting. Yet.

"Look, Sandman. Honest Mistakes happen - No use tearing up a volt for forgetting to discharge after a brisk jog. So level that gun before the security personnel or the other operatives get any ideas..."
Another voice. This one, however was a fellow that J'kotal spoke highly of. He was a simple, human being. One named Lucas, who had somehow managed to survive the hellish trap that was the Fortuna.

How he survived this long, Hemlock didn't know but before he could even conceive of another thought, yet another voice piped in - Hoarse and a tad ragged, it took no genius to guess who it would belong to.
«Calm down, Tenno.» 

This grineer was certainly...different. A mask concealed most of his features and...Wait. Why was he wearing a shield for a hat?!
 «What the Nox says is true - this Volt Tenno here is just as startled as you are. There was no intent behind the act, certainly not one of threat. I could see it clearly. If anything, you're the threat here, ready to kill one of your own Tenno brothers in a bloodthirsty rage.» 
«This was a simple accident. Do not make in any more than that.»

The slate-blue Inaros kept his weapon leveled at the Volt - His position however, had lessened somewhat as he began pondering the validity of the statements he had heard. At last he seemed to see reason and returned his rifle to his back holster and returned to an upright stance. For those with a keener eye, they'd be able to see that he was far from happy.
"I...see." A quick clear of his throat. "I...Apologize for my rash actions, Tenno. You may continue as you were." and with that, Hemlock performed a quick bow and then turned to depart - Personally, he was still fuming a little but they were speaking the truth.

As the slate-blue git walked away, J'kotal practically felt the collective sigh of relief - Turning to Zan, he tapped him on the shoulder rather firmly.
"Oi. You. Lookit what yer shock did to me 'air." Even though he was wearing the hood most Nox troops would wear, J'kotal was one of the lucky few grineer that had natural hair - And what little stuck out of the hood happened to be standing on end due to the residual shock from the earlier incident.

"You owe me a damn beer or two now." J'kotal stated as he crossed his arms and leaned back casually - Before noting that he felt inexplicably reinvigorated, and turned to another ally from the Fortuna. And now he was grinning ear to ear to see yet another friend of his.

"Takar! Damnit, if anyone was going to answer the bosses call, I knew it'd be you! How've you been?"

Magnus looked on with a slight twinge of disappointment. The event had fallen apart without much incident (aside from possibly a few soiled undergarments). The Merc stood up and silently slunk away from the group of people. He continued back from the way he came, silently observing the personnel scuttling to and fro. Magnus glanced down at his Cephalon and sighed.

"Well, smoke?" He asked leaning against the wall. "What do you make of all this?"

The Cephalon was silent for a bit before speaking. "They all seem insane. So you'll probably fit right in." It answered

Magnus gave a look somewhere between bemused and annoyed with a tinge of possible smugness. Of course this disturbed his Cephalon greatly.

"Now where is that peppy little skater boy" He muttered as he resumed his search once again.

Wilco was meditating aboard his Landing Craft when his Cephalon, Phi, pops up in front of him. "Operator..." He starts, before waiting for Wilco to acknowledge him. Wilco does after a short while, and Phi continues. "It has come to my attention, that you need a mission to take your mind off of him, and I just received an opportunity that I think you would like!" He says happily, seeming to chirp a little as he does. Wilco smirks and stands, before walking down to the arsenal checker. As he checked his current loadout, he looks at the email and accepted it, before selecting his loadout and entering the map, selecting the Hydruc area and leaving the Breakers main ship, leaving a goodbye message for them.

[2 Hours Later]

With the 'Doorbell' program activated, Wilco lands in the landing zone and exited his craft, cracking his hands and loosening up. He looks around and sees what looks like the remnants of an argument, Corpus workers... well, working, and quite a number of people. He sighs and starts walking, holding a small chip in his left hand, which is apparently his pass here. He gently strokes his Venka with his right hand, ready to use them if needed.

"Beep! Beep! Beep..." a message from the computer wiped that smirk off of Osiris's face. The message informed him that he was allowed into the facility and gave Osiris new directions: to head towards a canyon and supposedly, the hangar. As the kinetic dampener field faded away, Osiris managed to regain control of his fighter and flew towards the canyon, eyeing that Corpus transport one last time as he did, then glancing at the turrets that were following him loosely. The turrets didn't seem to have an intention to fire, but still had Osiris on alert. 

---------------

The flight through the canyon was rather smooth,easy, and even a little bit relaxing, if one would ignore the times Osiris almost crashed due to his attention on the surrounding infrastructure. It got Osiris curious, he had seen enough of Corpus buildings to know that this was unconventional. "Computer, run a check on where the hell we are," he said, obviously wanting to know more. He was a fish out of water, he didn't know where he was, who else was here, and why other people were here. Well, Osiris knew for sure why HE was here: credits. He flew his craft into the middle layer of the hangars as instructed, and landed at an empty spot nearest to the entrance. "Background checks suggest that you are currently in: Hystruc Salvage Yards, owned by: Bansenn-Shurn Hystruc," the computer replied as Osiris landed the craft safely. "Well that's one weird ass name," Osiris remarked as he noticed that the ship's fuel was rather low, thus accepting the offer to refuel his ship. He exited the fighter's cockpit and was greeted by a tall, muscular, green Corpus Tech, holding a glowing chip in his hand, making a gesture for Osiris to collect said chip. "Damn, what the hell do you do here? Play basketball?" Osiris joked as he pinned his ID chip onto his chest, but got no response from the Tech. "Help me fuel my ship yeah Christmas Tree?" With that, Osiris knew he was officially accepted into the facility, and started to roam about the hangar.

---------------

Though one couldn't see it, Osiris was smiling behind that modified Manic mask, he was still planning on how to hijack that Corpus transport, finish the mission, and leave the hangar safely. It was as if nothing could wipe that smile off Osiris's face, but someONE definitely did. It was a Red Veil operative marching out of his vessel with his back straight, chin up, in that glaring red uniform. This got Osiris wary, he had a bad reputation with the Red Veil, and the fact that he was flying around the galaxy in one of their fighters made things worst. Sure, Osiris did everything he could to conceal the fact that the fighter didn't belong to him: removed all trackers, removed all the Red Veil marks, but if one had sufficient knowledge of the Red Veil, one would know that the fighter wasn't Osiris's. Furthermore, the Red Veil were known killers, and something about THAT operative seemed to reinforce that statement. "Ugh...complications," Osiris complained as he turned around and started to head out of the hangar. However, Osiris forgot about the Rakta Dark Dagger sheathed to his belt, and if one was clever enough to piece together everything, the fighter, the dagger, one would know that this man definitely had a bad history with the Veil.

(Just gonna shove this in here while waiting)

Wilco notices the newcomer and walks over, curious. "E-Excuse me..." As he catches up to the newcomer, he spots the dagger and slowly backs off, his right hand now holding a Venka on it.

"Just... Who are you?" He asks, warily looking about. He could see everything, yet felt uneasy. 'Why was I told to go alone? If only the others were here...' He thinks as he looks around, his eyes darting about, thankful of the suit.

He slowly looks at the newcomer, and notices what they we looking at. 'Red Veil? Can't be good...' He says to himself as he keeps an eye on the one he tried to speak to. 

(This post should have been sent a long time ago, (when the post below was posted, I wrote this about 2 hours after), but because of personal reasons, and me not pressing the "Submit Reply" button, this is stupidly delayed. Extremely sorry.)

On 2018-05-02 at 5:55 AM, InfiniumV said:

The return of reason - All parties

Reveal hidden contents

The situation had seemingly gone from a scene of laid back reassurance into a hair-trigger standoff between two groups - To be fair, most of the crewmen wanted this to be over so that they could get back to work and not be in the firing line of the most lethal golems in the origin system.
It also should point out that one party was quite outmatched, and his support was all to likely to not support.

"It was a mistake! Seriously! I didn't mean no ill intent." But the plea fell on deaf ears and a silence.

But this is Hemlock, and his apathy had gutted him a long time ago - His gaze was transfixed on the offending Volt. It didn't matter in his eyes that Zan hadn't done anything malicious or had any offensive intent at all, he'd just made himself a problem.
Hemlock didn't like problems. Hemlock didn't really like anything at this point.

"It was just a simple accident. A one-off. Honestly, I won't do it again, and it won't happen again." More noises from the interloper.

Regardless, when the entirety of the Hangar bay practically was either; A - Glaring at you. B - Pointing their Gun at you. C - Staring you down and finally D - Trying to talk you down, it made Hemlock start considering the situation rather deeply. Deeper than the usual tedium, as for once this seemed like an accident - The Volt caught-in-the-headlights as it were. Regardless, he kept the Quartakk leveled on the offender despite the fact that J'kotal stood in the way like the impertinent sot he was.

Then everything went a million miles a minute. The sound of talons and rapid footfalls meant that another Tenno was coming to intercede - Allready coiled like a spring, Hemlock waited for an attack -

"Hey, woah, ease up!" A Zephyr, grinding to a halt as she stood in a ready, but idle position. He could see her, but only via his peripherals.
- That would never come. It was a symbiote. Good for the mission, He presumed. 

"What the bloody blue beach balls on Bellamy station is goin' on?" The Zephyr would continue,

"Hey!" Another voice, Female, and much younger.

It was at this moment that another party decided to stick their nose into these affairs as he felt the void shimmer and flow. Another Tenno, A Zariman like himself - The way the latent energy felt was more akin to water than anything. The culprit, one Takar Lathra then stepped into view, going around him and to J'kotals side and manifesting her latent powers as a healing light.

"Calm down. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for all of this, but we won't find it by attacking each other." Another reprimand. Hemlock remained quiet.

But when Takar appeared from behind him, Hemlocks head tilted enough to catch her in his sight and then was promptly pushed that little bit further into his nigh-livid state, but his somatic training had kicked in and the only hint of his vexation was that he was twitching ever so slightly. The fact that she hadn't attempted to attack was even further proof of a peaceful intent and proof that there would be no fighting. Yet.

"Look, Sandman. Honest Mistakes happen - No use tearing up a volt for forgetting to discharge after a brisk jog. So level that gun before the security personnel or the other operatives get any ideas..."
Another voice. This one, however was a fellow that J'kotal spoke highly of. He was a simple, human being. One named Lucas, who had somehow managed to survive the hellish trap that was the Fortuna.

How he survived this long, Hemlock didn't know but before he could even conceive of another thought, yet another voice piped in - Hoarse and a tad ragged, it took no genius to guess who it would belong to.
«Calm down, Tenno.» 

This grineer was certainly...different. A mask concealed most of his features and...Wait. Why was he wearing a shield for a hat?!
 «What the Nox says is true - this Volt Tenno here is just as startled as you are. There was no intent behind the act, certainly not one of threat. I could see it clearly. If anything, you're the threat here, ready to kill one of your own Tenno brothers in a bloodthirsty rage.» 
«This was a simple accident. Do not make in any more than that.»

The slate-blue Inaros kept his weapon leveled at the Volt - His position however, had lessened somewhat as he began pondering the validity of the statements he had heard. At last he seemed to see reason and returned his rifle to his back holster and returned to an upright stance. For those with a keener eye, they'd be able to see that he was far from happy.
"I...see." A quick clear of his throat. "I...Apologize for my rash actions, Tenno. You may continue as you were." and with that, Hemlock performed a quick bow and then turned to depart - Personally, he was still fuming a little but they were speaking the truth.

As the slate-blue git walked away, J'kotal practically felt the collective sigh of relief - Turning to Zan, he tapped him on the shoulder rather firmly.
"Oi. You. Lookit what yer shock did to me 'air." Even though he was wearing the hood most Nox troops would wear, J'kotal was one of the lucky few grineer that had natural hair - And what little stuck out of the hood happened to be standing on end due to the residual shock from the earlier incident.

"You owe me a damn beer or two now." J'kotal stated as he crossed his arms and leaned back casually - Before noting that he felt inexplicably reinvigorated, and turned to another ally from the Fortuna. And now he was grinning ear to ear to see yet another friend of his.

"Takar! Damnit, if anyone was going to answer the bosses call, I knew it'd be you! How've you been?"

It was finally over. Finally. No one was shouting at him. Zan felt... happy. Wait, no. Happy wasn't the right word. But he was somewhere close to it. He screwed up though. Already, he's shocked  everyone with that discharge that he gave to the Nox, and he was about to be shot by the facility personal, and the person who sent the message in the first place was close to put a bullet through his head.  That's a new worst for Zan.  How did he screw up so badly? 

But people did help him. That helped a lot. 

On 2018-05-02 at 12:14 PM, Ghost333 said:

"You alright?" She asked the Volt, walking up to him. "Ya look like a wreck if ya don't mind me sayin'."

Zan almost jumped. Zan looked and saw it was someone who "helped" him. 

"I'm... okay, I guess." Zan said. He really didn't know how to respond.

"Oh and thanks, for umm... helping me." He said. 

Edited by EndermanBeast
Accidently sent it without finishing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler
On 2018-06-22 at 7:26 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

(Just gonna shove this in here while waiting)

Wilco notices the newcomer and walks over, curious. "E-Excuse me..." As he catches up to the newcomer, he spots the dagger and slowly backs off, his right hand now holding a Venka on it.

"Just... Who are you?" He asks, warily looking about. He could see everything, yet felt uneasy. 'Why was I told to go alone? If only the others were here...' He thinks as he looks around, his eyes darting about, thankful of the suit.

He slowly looks at the newcomer, and notices what they we looking at. 'Red Veil? Can't be good...' He says to himself as he keeps an eye on the one he tried to speak to. 

Osiris turned around slowly, but warily. He wasn't really expecting any type of interaction from anyone, besides that Corpus Tech he made fun of. He glimpsed back at his ship to notice the Crewmen fueling it, before looking back at the person who approached him, noticing that he was looking in the direction of the Red Veil operative.

"Woah, no need to back off, I'm not the real threat here, the real threat is right there - that red and black costumed freak. I'm nobody. My name's Osiris, how are you? Nope, don't answer that, I don't really care." He paused for a moment. "So, yes, who are you?"

He observed Wilco from head to toe, he seemed to have a Warframe different from other Tenno. This one seemed to be built to look bigger and stronger than others. Ah yes, of course. The Symbiotes,"The fake Tenno", or something along those lines. "The others? What are you in a band or something? Invite me to one of your concerts, yes? Nice ring," he remarked as he pointed at Wilco's hand.

"Must be crazy huh? To think that one moment you're using Venkas and Boltors on Crewmen and the next, you're asked to help them for God knows what? I mean, must be a rare sight for 'Tenno' like you."

Edited by (PS4)qwerty1310