Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Use Warframe In Ramdisk?

War-.

I'm gonna LMAO when he burns out his memory controller!  Seriously, have you not build your own computer before this?  That board's memory controller is clearly only designed to handle a certain maximum number of memory addresses, even with it being a Quad channel board.

Nail on the head.

The only type of boards that should EVER use a RAM drive are server boards designed specifically for such operations.

You will get NO performance gain from having Warframe stored on a RAM drive. The only difference is that the program might start up 10 milliseconds faster, or a map might load in 0.5 seconds less time than before.

Playing a game from a RAM drive will NOT improve your framerate, or allow you to run it at a better quality, et cetera.

Unless you're using your computer as some sort of server or extreme data processing unit with databases out the wazoo, a RAM drive is utterly pointless and will negatively impact the lifespan of your motherboard and RAM. OP, I just can't see your reasoning behind wanting to load high volume, low processing programs like Warframe into a RAM drive... and don't give me the "Because I wanted to see if I could" excuse because that's a load of bull.

Edited by Letter13

Nail on the head.

The only type of boards that should EVER use a RAM drive are server boards designed specifically for such operations.

You will get NO performance gain from having Warframe stored on a RAM drive. The only difference is that the program might start up 10 milliseconds faster, or a map might load in 0.5 seconds less time than before.

Playing a game from a RAM drive will NOT improve your framerate, or allow you to run it at a better quality, et cetera.

Unless you're using your computer as some sort of server or extreme data processing unit with databases out the wazoo, a RAM drive is utterly pointless and will negatively impact the lifespan of your motherboard and RAM. OP, I just can't see your reasoning behind wanting to load high volume, low processing programs like Warframe into a RAM drive... and don't give me the "Because I wanted to see if I could" excuse because that's a load of bull.

I have a hunch that he's thinking if he can virtualize the client that he'll be able to run multiple instances of it at one time.  Course I'll laugh even harder when he gets himself banned since I'm pretty sure their cheat detection is going to be popping caps in the computer's @55 from the hardware emulation.

*raises his bottle of PowerAde*  To idiocrity!  May he ban himself well!

I have a hunch that he's thinking if he can virtualize the client that he'll be able to run multiple instances of it at one time.  Course I'll laugh even harder when he gets himself banned since I'm pretty sure their cheat detection is going to be popping caps in the computer's @55 from the hardware emulation.

*raises his bottle of PowerAde*  To idiocrity!  May he ban himself well!

Well, as long as he doesn't try to log on to the same account, it should technically work.

Still though, sometimes I can't understand people. I mean, sure, good computer HW is fun and good, but he's essentially using a setup that should be used for high performance computing for games... just, so much wasted potential and irresponsible misuse of hardware and resources.