Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Monthly Chibi Warframe Sculpture Project (Final Update 3/10/2018)

LokiBird

Welcome to:

+*+~+*+~+*+~+*+~+*+~

The Monthly Chibi Warframe Sculpture Project!

~+*+~+*+~+*+~+*+~+*+

Greetings, fellow Tenno!

I am hereby beginning a year long-- possibly longer-- project to sculpt a tiny/chibi warframe every month!

Currently Sculpting: Excalibur

Began: 1/30/2018

Last Update Posted: 3/10/2018

Before I began, I needed to know which warframe to sculpt each month.

(I want the sculpture to fit the month for which I make it.)

Thus, I created two polls to give me an idea of which warframe best 'suits' which month. :satisfied:

These polls began 1/25/2018 and The final results were posted on 1/30/2018.

Links to see the results of the polls:

First 10 Months-- RESULTS:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-NLFT62ZF8/

Last 2 Months-- RESULTS:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-L9B6P2ZF8/

Note: the results may have changed since I posted the 'final' results.

I haven't removed all links to take the poll, thus other votes may have come in later.

Most recent Progress Pic:

zNHVdU4.jpg?1

Current Base/Background Idea Pic:

9ZSP9dD.png

Edited by LokiBird
Added updated info

UPDATE: The responses have risen to 53 responses (10 month poll) and 25 responses (last 2 months poll) as of 2:00PM CST 1/26/18. Lets keep going! I'd like to get at least 100 responses to get a good range of answers.

Thank you all for your help!

UPDATE: The responses have only risen to 64 responses (10 month poll) and 33 responses (last 2 months poll) as of 1:00PM CST 1/27/18.

Keep it up fellow Tenno! We're barely moving towards the hoped for 100 responses mark. Please tell your fellow Tenno friends! Even if you only know one frame that fits one month, vote for that one month! The polls do not require an answer for every question.

Thank you all!

Okey doke. Seeing that the responses to the polls have again only risen by 3 each since my last posting, I will be posting the current results  I will also list the current top three Warframes for each month, if applicable.

* * * January = Frost, Excalibur, Equinox * * *

* * * January = Frost, Excalibur, Equinox * * *

* * * February = Mirage, Ivara, Trinity * * *

* * * March = Oberon, Equinox, Excalibur/Titania (Tie for 3rd) * * *

* * * April = Hydroid, Loki/Titania (Tie for 2nd) * * *

* * * May = Oberon, Titania, Nidus/Trinity (Tie for 3rd) * * *

* * * June = Ember, Hydroid, Nezha * * *

* * * July = Ember, Octavia/Valkyr (Tie for 2nd) * * *

* * * August = Ember, Atlas, Mesa * * *

* * * September = Equinox, Ash/Atlas (Tie for 2nd) * * *

* * * October = Nekros, Harrow, Nidus * * *

* * * November = Nova, Nekros, Excalibur * * *

* * * December = Frost, Mag, (and a nine way tie for 3rd...) * * *

Note: even though I have posted the current results, that doesn't mean I've given up on that elusive 100 response mark... :nerd::satisfied: Please do keep getting people involved with this! I need more answers!

Edited by LokiBird
Deleted the old piecharts and data tables. Less scrolling to get to the good stuff! ;)

Discovered something awesome.... I can give everyone links to see the results in real time!!

Also, you should be able to see the answers that people gave as to why they chose a certain warframe!

First 10 Months-- RESULTS ONLY, not the poll:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-NLFT62ZF8/

Last 2 Months-- RESULTS ONLY not the poll:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-L9B6P2ZF8/

* * * * * * * * * * Last call for votes! I will post the final results tomorrow! * * * * * * * * * *

Then I will use the poll as the basis for which warframe I sculpt each month, beginning with January.

Note: in regards to a frame being first place on multiple months, I will use that specific frame for the month in which it has the highest total percentage of votes.

(I hope that makes sense?)

For the other months that that specific warframe was also voted first place, I will use the second place warframe. If there is still a 'double up' somehow, either I will use the third place warframe, or I will use an alternate skin design for the first or second place warframe.

Obviously, as I am starting so late, I will be probably be sculpting the January warframe into February. Lol!

Starting tomorrow, I will officially begin...

-drumrooooooooooooooooll- 

The Monthly Chibi Warframe Sculpture Project!!! :laugh:

Edited by LokiBird
Minor fixes

Ok! Final results!! :laugh:

I will post the 1st through 3rd place warframes as well as which warframe I will be sculpting each month!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January--

1st Place: *Frost* with 34.07% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Excalibur

3rd Place: Equinox

Sculpting: Excalibur

I will be sculpting Excalibur for this month, as Frost has a far higher total percentage of votes for December.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February--

1st Place: *Mirage* with 13.19% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Ivara

3rd Place: Chroma

Sculpting: Mirage

March--

1st Place: *Oberon* with 12.09% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Equinox and Titania

3rd Place: Zephyr

Sculpting: Oberon

April--

1st Place: *Hydroid* with 20.00% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Loki and Oberon

3rd Place: Titania

Sculpting: Hydroid

May--

1st Place: *Titania* with 19.10% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Oberon

3rd Place: Hydroid

Sculpting: Titania

June--

1st Place: *Ember* with 19.10% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Equinox

3rd Place: Hydroid

Sculpting: Nezha

I will be sculpting Nezha for this month as Ember, Equinox, and Hydroid all have a month with a far higher percentage of votes that they will be sculpted for and Excalibur, Oberon and Titania (which are tied with Nezha for 4th place) all also have a month they have a higher percentage of votes that they will be sculpted for. Thus... Nezha.

July--

1st Place: *Ember* with 45.05% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Chroma

3rd Place: Excalibur, Octavia, and Valkyr

Sculpting: Ember

I will be sculpting Ember for this month, as this is the month she has the highest percentage of votes.

August--

1st Place: *Ember* with 13.48% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Atlas

3rd Place: Chroma

Sculpting: Atlas

I will be sculpting Atlas for this month, as Ember has a far higher total percentage of votes for July.

September--

1st Place: *Equinox* with 20.22% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Ash

3rd Place: Atlas, Gara, and Nova

Sculpting: Equinox

October--

1st Place: *Nekros* with 51.69% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Harrow

3rd Place: Excalibur

Sculpting: Nekros

November--

1st Place: *Nova* with 14.29% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Nekros

3rd Place: Zephyr

Sculpting: Nova

December--

1st Place: *Frost* with 67.24% of the total votes for this month

2nd Place: Mirage

3rd Place: Equinox, Mag, and Nyx

Sculpting: Frost

I will be sculpting Frost for this month, as this is the month he has the highest percentage of votes.

TL;DR :satisfied:

Frames to be sculpted:

Excalibur -- January

Mirage -- February

Oberon -- March

Hydroid -- April

Titania-- May

Nezha  June

Ember -- July

Atlas -- August

Equinox -- September

Nekros -- October

Nova -- November

Frost -- December

Beginning sculpting...... Now!

Edited by LokiBird
Put most of the info in spoiler. Less scrolling. :)

UPDATE: After a bit of blade... brainstorming, I have decided that the 'environment' or base I place Chibi Excalibur on will be: A field of swords. Like Fate/Stay Night's 'Unlimited Blade Works' except with Warframe swords. Though... it will definitely have to be on a smaller scale. Lol!

Example pics for those who don't know what I mean:

9ZSP9dD.png

vJ7r85q.jpg

B33Qxf1.jpg

What do you think? :satisfied:

Edited by LokiBird
Finally fixed the pictures :)

UPDATE: Still alive, still working! Going to post some progress pics for chibi Excalibur soon! As of this posting, his helmet is about 75% done and I have his basic pose shaped. Many, many details still needing to be added.... I am also preparing some swords for his base.

Also, getting ready to start on chibi Mirage as well. Trying to find the best pose and base idea for her, currently. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment on this page or message me! I read every comment. :satisfied:

Edited by LokiBird
Minor fixes

4 hours ago, LokiBird said:

Also, getting ready to start on chibi Mirage as well. Trying to find the best pose and base idea for her, currently. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment on this page or message me! I read every comment. :satisfied:

"Praise the Sun" pose from Dark Souls could be nice, especially if you make the background with her 4th skill dazzling behind.

https://goo.gl/images/ZqyFwN

UPDATE:

Current progress on Chibi Excalibur-- Helmet closer to 85% done, as of this posting. The back is not done, but both sides are approaching completion.

Left side:

bHXhfyO.jpg

Right side:

unYZuv7.jpg

Current body/pose progress-- Gradually refining... getting the right shapes down. I will soon remove Excalibur's limbs and sculpt them separate from the body before reattaching them later. (That sounded better in my head... lol!) The... uh... dismemberment... will allow me to get more detail in each area without accidentally damaging another area. :crylaugh: (also note that, in the picture below, the clay is still soft, thus the pose is currently a bit droopier than the original. When I bake it, I will ensure that the limbs are correctly positioned. That way, he should be posed correctly.

(One of my many) Reference Picture(s):

rjGQGDb.jpg

Current body/pose:

kRqE4Bn.jpg

Also,

On 2/7/2018 at 4:47 AM, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

"Praise the Sun" pose from Dark Souls could be nice, especially if you make the background with her 4th skill dazzling behind.

https://goo.gl/images/ZqyFwN

Good idea! I especially like the part about her 4th ability 'disco ball' in the background! Even if I don't use that exact pose, I will use the 4th ability behind her. I might modify the 'diso ball' effect to look heart-shaped for the whole Valentine's Day feel? Oh, yes. Me likey. :satisfied:

Edited by LokiBird
Minor fixes and picture resizing

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Sorry it's been so long! Here are some pics of the current progress on Excalibur. The Helmet has been baked, and I am currently getting the limbs where I want them. The back is nearly complete, though not entirely accurate. From now on, I will probably sacrifice some accuracy for speed. The Skana he wields is also baked.

The current pieces:

1SgeUh0.jpg?1

bhY0r8P.jpg

The pieces (loosely) put together to see, a bit more, how it will look:

zNHVdU4.jpg?1

RVFsQRY.jpg

Edited by LokiBird
Resized overly large pics

• 2 weeks later...

Final Update:

Hey guys, it's me again.

I am not going to be able to continue with this project.

All my progress so far... has been destroyed. -sad laugh-

I was already behind schedule, and now...

Anyways. Maybe you'll see me sculpt something else in the future, but for now... I'm a bit depressed.

Thank you for all your interest and encouragement.

LokiBird out.