Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Nerf Nova

Nenesse

Actually Null star and antimatter drop are great abilities..

Null star is cheap, and mine does about 1000 damage per shot.

Considering it only costs like 15 energy, and you get like 8 orbs.

I mean... Its great.

Anti matter drop is actually probably the strongest ability in the game.

I have done well over 100k dmg with it, But its really unpredictable and laggy sometimes. 

i'm curious as to how you get it to those numbers.

base damage at max rank is 200. even with max focus, it's still only 260. even a primed target will only take 520 damage.

the only ones who will take over 1k damage are light infested, due to the bonus serated blades damage has on them.

oh, and to get more than 6 orbs, you need to use continuity/constitution, which serve no other purpose on nova and make her even more squishy since they take the 2 spaces left for defensive mods on a classic build.

Edited by blaes

i'm curious as to how you get it to those numbers.

base damage at max rank is 200. even with max focus, it's still only 260. even a primed target will only take 520 damage.

the only ones who will take over 1k damage are light infested, due to the bonus serated blades damage has on them.

oh, a

I'm pretty sure he meant the amount of damage all added up. Not 100k on a single target with a single hit.

he said "1000 damage per shot"...

Fits the light infested bill...

Besides I only see Null Star now as a Stagger and alert function at 40+ levels.

Sure saved my butt a few times when it suddenly fired backward and gave my Dual Ethers something to slice.

If Nova needs a nerf, Vauban needs a bigger one.

Lokisolo_zpsb8dadddb.png

that was a game failed at wave 65 due to a glitch, but that isn't the point.

I, Sixty5 was playing Nova, my job was to prime and kill enemies, buddy Invin was playing Vauban, and his job was to CC enemies.

Now look at the kills. We were both using Ogris's.

Now look at the deaths. Though most mine were suicides, since I hadn't used the Ogris or Glaive in awhile.

Nova is powerful, but not OP.

If Nova needs a nerf, Vauban needs a bigger one.

Lokisolo_zpsb8dadddb.png

that was a game failed at wave 65 due to a glitch, but that isn't the point.

I, Sixty5 was playing Nova, my job was to prime and kill enemies, buddy Invin was playing Vauban, and his job was to CC enemies.

Now look at the kills. We were both using Ogris's.

Now look at the deaths. Though most mine were suicides, since I hadn't used the Ogris or Glaive in awhile.

Nova is powerful, but not OP.

das one pro vauban...

das one pro vauban...

Yeah, the consensus in our clan is that Invin is the Stalker.

In all seriousness, he's the dedicated Vauban. I prefer Banshee overall, but was playing Nova here since no-one else wanted to.

Invin OP, DE PLS NERF.

Yeah, the consensus in our clan is that Invin is the Stalker.

In all seriousness, he's the dedicated Vauban. I prefer Banshee overall, but was playing Nova here since no-one else wanted to.

Invin OP, DE PLS NERF.

YES, EVERY GAME SHOULD BE LIKE THAT

where special restrictions and nerfs are placed specifically on certain players and only them alone

In my opinion she is perfect how she is. She's fun to play and worm hole makes it easier to get around the levels but her usefulness declines as the mob levels increase which balances out the feeling of her being OP in the mid to low level mobs.  After about wave 5 in a T3 defense her molecular prime pretty much just becomes a pretty outline you can put on enemies because it sure as hell doesn't cause a chain of explosions at that level. I'd much rather bring along rhino or banshee to a higher level defense or a boss fight.

[edit]

I'm all for a buff on nyx, just sayin (would be great if absorb actually did noticeable damage and psychic bolts did as much as null star).

Edited by enix7

I'm not for nerfing anything unless it's blatantly overpowered. Nova clears rooms easily but she can't solo bosses well. Her only thing going for her is killing trash mobs. 

As for the Ignis I'd prefer if it worked like a flame thrower and not like a Flux Rifle that deals fire damage and has a much shorter range.

"The only good thing about Nova is that she kills EVERYTHING."

......I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I had this thought. I thought it was clever.

Make it so that Nova's ult only affects one target. When that target dies, it applies the effect to everything around it--if they are killed by the explosion, then they also explode and apply the effect to other things.

Still the possibility for enough carnage to nuke heavy targets, you need to do some gameplay-ish stuff to make it happen, you need to use it properly to get good power out of it, it might actually be more OP in some really rare cases, and best of all, it has now had its $&*^ nerfed right the F*** off when it comes to wiping entire defense waves in less than one second.

Unrelated: Give the Ignis natural piercing and a 20% crit chance. That makes it better serve its purpose as a "flamethrower" happy fun weapon, and it gives it a way to scale up for massive damage the way everything else does.

Have you ever tried to got past wave 30 on Xini, for example. If you got, you should understand that Nova can't clear room of enemies 60+ levels. Yesterday we got to wave 100 on Xini. Nova was just a support, who primed enemies - cause they receive 2x dmg when primed. Ogris does more than Nova. So, will you propose to nerf Ogris cause it still can oneshot enemies? BTW, people with ogris on high-level defences take more kills than Nova. 

P.S. I think, that most people who whining about Nova - they are all badasses who taking reward after 15 waves, even if others going further. They even didn't try to go past wave 15 and more.

Edited by eugenius_ru

Unrelated: Give the Ignis natural piercing and a 20% crit chance. That makes it better serve its purpose as a "flamethrower" happy fun weapon, and it gives it a way to scale up for massive damage the way everything else does.

Yes. Yes. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSssssss

Y'know, it's funny how people think that any version of Molecular Prime that doesn't involve having the entire room of enemies explosively slaughtered instantly will ruin the frame and that all other frames need to be buffed to that kind of level, and then these people complain that the game is too easy and that ults are a "press 4 to win" situation.

Edited by Madotsuki

since we are on the topic..

my idea...

make nova even squishier than she is now, make it evident to the people who want to nerf her that she is  GLASS CANNON

Run out into a crowd of level 130 corrupted on T3 defense and try to use Molecular Prime. youll learn that lesson just as easy there.

This thread is irrelevent, they already siad theyre not gonna nerf her and instead will be bringing other frames up to par since the difficulty was increased. rehashing this old nerf thread is a waste of time and pointless. if your butthurt about her doing something better than your favorite frame. than make a buff thread instead of a nerf one.