Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Siphon - Missons Impossible To Finish

Grimalken1969

What do people do when the kuva that the siphon is calling, gets stuck in the terrain geometry?

I just got done failing another mission because the kuva siphon is trying to gather kuva that got stuck on some stairs. No matter how I tried to jump thru, around, down, us or... you name it, that kuva refused to either make it to the siphon, or to allow me to gather it. I ended up gathering kuva and destroying all the other braids, but that last briad was just stuck. I finished the normal mission objectives, and..... got my rewards, and zero kuva. And of course the mission disappeared from that planet.

Some days I have experienced two of these stuck kuva siphons.  Is there a trick to getting around this bug?

I found out yesterday that you can shoot kuva (and I hope that's not a bug) with your operator amp which still counts as collecting it. It doesn't work with granmu prism, that much I can confirm. If you use the klebrik scaffold alt-fire, the beam should be able to go through the stairs and hit the kuva. Maybe.

Edited by Pizzarugi

12 hours ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I got this and similar others, such as kuva siphon appearing late on a survival mission once its over the time which means no new life supports spawns, neither from enemies or from the Lotus.

Also, doing hive missions where you kill or the tumors but you still can't kill the hive, etc... 

It almost puts me off doing them tbh

Isn't the siphon spawning at start and just activate once you get close to it? 'Cause this was my impression. And yeah, with people rushing the objectives in normal missions or just camping a life support module in survival, it's easy to not find the room - which in the former case might be in the opposite direction, while in the latter could simply be close to extraction, it certainly won't spawn on your location, just because you want kuva.

There are times when, yeah, the kuva cloud pops so close to the siphon you don't have time to snatch it, especially if you're alone and fending off kuva guards, but that's where a team comes in handy.

If I remember correctly the hive missions have been patched.

On topic, I wouldn't mind going home without a kuva cache because it got stuck in the stairs. I'm more demoralized when that happens because 4 high MR players fail to catch it repeatedly. And between this and the Memphis mission, I'd very much like the devs to help the defectors unglue their boots there :D

Umm

I normally play these kuva missions solo so in survival the first thing I do is run around the entire map looking for the siphon, then worry about the life support. 

In level 80-100 missions is even easier since I have (or at least it feels like it) more enemies to kill which means less of a need to activate the life support, which I tend to leave until the mission is over because it has happened that I find the room right when the time expires, so avoiding touching the life support devices allows me to keep looking or finishing up the kuva siphon.

This has also happened on capture missions where I spend most of the time going in circles around the map looking for the kuva siphon without success. Very frustrating, but then again, not as bad as doing a rescue mission on level 100 and finding the siphon after you rescue the prisoner which means now you have to worry about the siphon, the enemies and the idiotic prisoner that will not stop walking towards the level 100 guards... plus this will likely be the perfect moment when the stalker will also appear, because, why not...

The hive issue happened to me 2 days ago. Tbh, it has only happened to me once, but the survival (and capture) experience where the kuva siphon just wont appear just seems to happen 1 out of 5 times if not more, I remember once running the same capture mission 5 times before I got the siphon to appear, after running through the entire map for a good while

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 10:53 PM, Pizzarugi said:

Let me know if it works. I can't say I've had these issues that you're experiencing, but it would be good to know in case it does.

So far I have not seen a kuva get stuck again. So I'm not forgetting you ;)

One of the guys in my clan, who has been playing for years, said you were correct, your operator can blast the kuva cloud. He was not sure about using the amp's secondary attack though.

Edited by Grimalken1969

Word of Caution:

Shooting the Kuva with an Operator Amp does have a chance of bugging out the Kuva and making it just disappear, not counting for the Braid Count, and also has a chance (Not sure if ever patched out) of bugging out the Kuva Siphon entirely, making the single, floating Kuva particle effect that's untouchable.

So, Dash for now, until confirmation of "No more Kuva/Amp bugging out Siphon" Patch-notes.

Edited by Tangent-Valley