Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality Of Life for Arcanes

Lead_Codpiece

5 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

There is no reason not to include an "invisible" fashion item (say a belt) that you attach arcanes to. Since the syandana has no actual gameplay value, adding game play value to it with arcanes doesn't really dovetail. You are not making useful gear MORE useful with arcanes, you are turning useless gear designed for fashion into combat gear... which is a problem in that it does limit syandana sales. I simply won't but them.. even the ones I really want... because I know I won't wear them because I have some arcane ones I use already.

If they included this invisible belt (or more simply an arcane slot) with each purchase of a syandana - you would still need to spend plat to get more things to your arcanes on...but it wouldn't interfere with the looks of your warframe.

The devs have been quoted quite a bit as saying they don't want power ups tied to cosmetics; have you thought that perhaps the take-away is rather they want you to have flexibility in using the look with the power-up that you want? While it is certainly true that you need to remove arcanes and re-insert them if you desire to use a different look, this is not really a game-breaker. I am afraid though that you have lost your point on the arcanes not making Cosmetics useful to have, they do as even you acknowledge Shockwave, in this case, its just that you don't like using them due to being inserted in cosmetics. A slot could do the same, but why stop there? One thing that is often brought up immediately after mentioning the 'don't want cosmetics tied to arcanes' (speaking about the old Arcane helmets where you had to wear that look or not have a bonus) its not often continued with the rest of the thought; 'but we don't want Arcanes or other power-ups to be just another mod'. Making slots for them would just be another mod slot. Now, don't get me wrong, I could go for that; if it was separate from mods themselves on its own screen with menus and a display of your arcanes and their leveled state. Course, that is a lot of work I am wagering, and another always on small database per player that needs to be accessed. Or you can get a syndana or other cosmetic from Teshin, the Syndicates, or events and Darvo and have a further power-up function outside of the limits of a warframe mod selection and remove it just as easily.

38 minutes ago, Urlan said:

The devs have been quoted quite a bit as saying they don't want power ups tied to cosmetics; have you thought that perhaps the take-away is rather they want you to have flexibility in using the look with the power-up that you want?

Yes.. my solution does exactly that, rather than the new system which ties your arcanes to one fashion item.

39 minutes ago, Urlan said:

While it is certainly true that you need to remove arcanes and re-insert them if you desire to use a different look, this is not really a game-breaker.

Yes it is. I'm not changing my arcane from one syandana to another everytime I go back to the liset to change frames. I can just see doing a sorite and using a volt for capture, a Nova for MD and a loki for spy and having to change the arcane from one to the other to the other because fashion wise they all wear a different syandana.

40 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I am afraid though that you have lost your point on the arcanes not making Cosmetics useful to have, they do as even you acknowledge

I have no idea what this means, or the rest of the post. The entire idea behind the invisible fasion item that comes with every sayandana (like a "belt") is that it is not that work intensive, keeps the requirement that you buy/have at least one sayandana for every arcane you want to use, and keeps the same interface for attaching arcane "to" something.

I agree with many of the people here that the current arcane system is clunky in use.

There have been very good changes such as the arcane distillers being a permanent item rather than consumable on use. This was a hurdle for those that like to change the arcane out, you have to at least max rank a faction and purchase the distiller with rep.

It would be nice to have a streamlined UI for managing the arcane without going through multiple screens. In my opinion the addition of this feature to the armory would make the most sense and work well with the current system of saving frames. I would prefer a system that allows arcanes to attach to the warframe (except in the case of the melee weapon ones) that way the syandana can be changed without having to rummage around 5-6 additional UI elements to handle changing the arcane.

1 hour ago, Shockwave- said:

Yes.. my solution does exactly that, rather than the new system which ties your arcanes to one fashion item.

Yes it is. I'm not changing my arcane from one syandana to another everytime I go back to the liset to change frames. I can just see doing a sorite and using a volt for capture, a Nova for MD and a loki for spy and having to change the arcane from one to the other to the other because fashion wise they all wear a different syandana.

I have no idea what this means, or the rest of the post. The entire idea behind the invisible fasion item that comes with every sayandana (like a "belt") is that it is not that work intensive, keeps the requirement that you buy/have at least one sayandana for every arcane you want to use, and keeps the same interface for attaching arcane "to" something.

The old system, not new; wanting to use different cosmetics and not wanting to change them is perfectly fine; and I can understand that, but its not clunky in that case mechanically but more a personal call. I feel you though, if I wanted to change my cosmetics every match, it might be awkward for me as well, thankfully I don't have that situation. The part you took means that you aren't really looking at why DE is doing the cosmetic attachment idea currently versus a separate system which we all agree would be more flexible. A belt, is silly, as its just again, a cosmetic but one which you aren't seeing, essentially just go with the mod system and you would have your cake and eat it too.