The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This needs to stop [Limbo]

Rabbid-

17 minutes ago, HazedTG said:

I'm not far enough into the game to be running Sorties yet and I don't have Limbo so I don't know how his Cataclysm ability works. But in MD missions I usually run Frost Prime with Streamline and Stretch build, pop a snow globe and sit there until Lotus does her thing (usually enemies stay outside the bubble...), rinse and repeat. If Limbo's Cataclysm is similar, I don't see an issue. You're using a WF's ability to its absolute advantage in a situation it is completely suited for.

If you're bored with this approach, Solo or teaming up with people not using Limbo is definitely the way to go.

limbo basically disables you to kill enemies with guns and forcing you to use melee and exalted weapon but if you're in the cataclysm, you'll be immune to damage from enemies and enemies caught in the cataclysm is banished and frozen and cant be attacked with guns

Edited by Rabbid-

18 minutes ago, Rabbid- said:

limbo basically disables you to kill enemies with guns and forcing you to use melee and exalted weapon but if you're in the cataclysm, you'll be immune to damage from enemies and enemies caught in the cataclysm is banished and frozen and cant be attacked with guns

Ah ok so you can't even sit comfortably inside the bubble and kill enemies outside of it? Fair enough.

Still, it's a specific ability being used for exactly the right purpose. And it only lasts ~30 seconds right?

But I do understand how it could be frustrating for players who want action.

45 minutes ago, Whooohooo said:

One md cheese moderate size bubble exceed md coundown 130 range 260 ish duration

I personally don't use limbo since the way that the community plays it really bores me but judging by this guy's build, it could last longer than 30 sec and yes they can easily recast the skill again

7 minutes ago, HazedTG said:

Ah ok so you can't even sit comfortably inside the bubble and kill enemies outside of it? Fair enough.

Still, it's a specific ability being used for exactly the right purpose. And it only lasts ~30 seconds right?

But I do understand how it could be frustrating for players who want action.

yes, I'm Michael Bay's son.I like explosion and action

Edited by Rabbid-

Better to just pick frames that work well with Limbo for such sorties. Equinox, Saryn, Excal, Banshee, Mirage, Ember etc. Play ability heavy frames and annihilate everything as it stands there frozen. There is no reason to play frames that make things harder than it should be. It is like complaining while playing Rhino on a spy mission over Loki or Ash for instance.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Better to just pick frames that work well with Limbo for such sorties. Equinox, Saryn, Excal, Banshee, Mirage, Ember etc. Play ability heavy frames and annihilate everything as it stands there frozen. There is no reason to play frames that make things harder than it should be. It is like complaining while playing Rhino on a spy mission over Loki or Ash for instance.

Since when did Limbo make the rule that whenever there's a mobile defense mission, you should use play frames with heavy ability in pubs.
And spy mission or ANY other missions are mission's that are free-to-pick-warframe

Just now, Rabbid- said:

yea there's no challenge if there is a Limbo with huge range in your party

So do you want to finish the sortie effectively, or spend time redoing cause your team cucked up? I don't understand I thought everyone wants the end reward (Ayatan)?

5 minutes ago, Crystalshadow98 said:

So do you want to finish the sortie effectively, or spend time redoing cause your team cucked up? I don't understand I thought everyone wants the end reward (Ayatan)?

maybe you didn't know this but some players do like to challenge themselves with sortie since that is basically the only level; that will instantly spawn high-level enemies

maybe you didn't know this but conclave isn't dead.some players are trying to get good at it rather than just maxing the conclave syndicate

maybe you didn't know this but some players do this because these small little things are the thing that make warframe more enjoyable

Edited by Rabbid-

3 minutes ago, Rabbid- said:

maybe you didn't know this but some players do like to challenge themselves with sortie since that is basically the only level; that will instantly spawn high-level enemies

maybe you din't know this but conclave isn't dead.some players are trying to get good at it rather than just maxing the conclave syndicate

maybe you didn't know this but some players do this because these small little things that make warframe more enjoyable

Hmm my matchmaking don't put me with these kind of players though. 

Maybe you didn't know majority of the players want sorties to be done quickly. 

Try recruit chat. 

Edited by Crystalshadow98

1 minute ago, Crystalshadow98 said:

Hmm my matchmaking don't put me with these kind of players though. 

Maybe you didn't know majority of the players want shorties to be done quickly. 

Try recruit chat. 

trust me i tried it and you rarely can find one without limbo even if you say "no limbo allowed"

Everyone's different man, even myself.  Sometimes I just want to sit there, chill, eat my sandwich, while the Limbo does all the work.

Sometimes, I want to really shoot things up.  But then I usually just ask the Limbo to turn it off and they usually do when asked.

But I do see some players get really mad and don't say anything, and the anger burst out towards the end in group chat.  It's hilarious, especially with sandwich.

I've been afk'ing in missions since EverQuest.  Damn I hope no one knows... In fact the whole reason I learned about "afk" was in missions when people afk'ed.

Damn, never knew Limbo's getting so much hate!

Edited by Simoom

Just now, Rabbid- said:

well some players (me being one of them) like to shoots stuff <3

Walk out of the bubble. 

Take aim. 

Press your fire button. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Is it that hard? Limbo is just there to protect the objective. He is playing the objective. It's called mobile defense, not mobile offense. 

like i said before, the objective that you need to protect is so small that the excessive range on limbo is just a waste, yea i can go out of the bubble until limbo suddenly turns off the catcalysm and all the frozen enemies suddenly burst me down

1 minute ago, Rabbid- said:

like i said before, the objective that you need to protect is so small that the excessive range on limbo is just a waste, yea i can go out of the bubble until limbo suddenly turns off the catcalysm and all the frozen enemies suddenly burst me down

Reasons why, limbo is there. 

Have more complains? Recruit chat and good luck. 

If it didn't stop bullets, the mechanics would be almost exactly like Bastille.  I'm sure DE wants each frame to have very unique skill mechanics.

Not that stopping bullets is all that interesting of a mechanic.  Bullet slow within the bubble?  Maybe.

Edited by Simoom