Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gotta Get This Off My Chest...

Lucilius

Question

A boss will never ever drop "nothing".

Be it a blueprint, research material or crafting material - it should drop something.

lol.. yeah. just to clarify, the nothing is wrt CM. The Boss DOES drop all sort of random stuff.

And there are times when the dropped item appears 50m behind where the boss died. I learnt to search.

get a team until you are strong enough by urself... Hyena has always been 1 of the hardest bosses in the game, now that it is lvl 90 i can easly see that new players (or even some medium equipped players) could have problems handling him properly

lol.. yeah. just to clarify, the nothing is wrt CM. The Boss DOES drop all sort of random stuff.

And there are times when the dropped item appears 50m behind where the boss died. I learnt to search.

50m behind...really?

Might wanna look into switching out your frame. Excalibur is alright in some situations but as far as solo its not the frame i would bring.

Control modules are required for every system blueprint, so switching out a frame might not be easy for him if he doesn't have any yet.

It is so dumb that DE made NPCs on Neptune level 50. They aren't thinking about the newer players at all.

Edited by GalliumGD

I think you mean Neptune-Psamathe that is where Hyena is, In the beginning I use to use Loki because of his speed armed with a Gorgon, now when I need a CM I just use Nova and my Supra solo. Make sure to get rid of all the Corpus first then try to get a spot when you can see part of Hyena, also make sure you have Stormbringer on to freeze him in place.

I CAN'T GET A CONTROL MODULE!!! CORPUS, TOO STRONG IN THAT STAGE!

You know, the planet after Jupiter...yeah, always gets mobbed by high level enemies.

Yeah, got that off my chest...

Taking Hyena out with Rhino isn't too hard, you have to keep on moving and not keep stationary though. I don't think I could do it with my other main Loki though. (Actually 100% sure I couldn't)

Taking Hyena out with Rhino isn't too hard, you have to keep on moving and not keep stationary though. I don't think I could do it with my other main Loki though. (Actually 100% sure I couldn't)

The problem here is obvious:

You gotta take Hyena out before you can build Rhino (or any other non-starter Warframe).

A boss will never ever drop "nothing".

Be it a blueprint, research material or crafting material - it should drop something.

I think the problem is the something is usually the common resource which everyone has 1,000's of  (well except ferrite)

The problem here is obvious:

You gotta take Hyena out before you can build Rhino (or any other non-starter Warframe).

Not really you can get CM's off more than just Hyena, more just a case of he is supposed to have a higher chance.  Lately I've been getting most off mine out of containers.  Try Europa I think that is a much better place to get CM's now too, or at least a viable option.

My suggestion is join up with Hyena if someone is doing it, otherwise just go solo another mission and make sure you loot everything.

Personally I find the Raptor to be far easier than the hyena... hyena I can't get into decent cover anywhere and he drops my shield so fast... raptor you can go in the bunker for safety and just snipe him when you come out, or use the hek...

In my experience Controle Modules are far rarer on Europa. I've never had a mission nor Raptor drop even one for me.