The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculously overpriced mods and parts is ridiculous

(XBOX)xJdKxZomBiE

I dont mind things being this overpriced,what I do mind is the lack of an auction house where you would be able to more quickly check competing prices and the fact that rivens even exist.

I personally stand by the statement that Rivens were by far the worst addition to the game, a system built upon multiple layers of RNG created to make trash/non-competitive weapons good. Except it didn't quite work that way, since DE had no choice but do the straight up buffs that we got to weapons last month.

On 2/1/2018 at 3:22 AM, kgabor said:

On one hand, riven trading can be considered as a part of a free market, on the other prime parts are regulated by DE with Twitch promotions, by making rare parts uncommon/common drops and lately by ditching the vaulting system entirely which (if its even true, i don't watch all the devstreams)will be the last nail on the prime part tradings coffin.

These all contributed in devaluing the work of those who made plats from farming temporarily unvaulted parts or farmed all year for syndicate marks to turn them in for relics and get more vaulted parts, as it seems now it will not even worth to bother with anymore at all unless you're the masochistic type.

Rivens are too much Rng that's why some of them are so expensive while others don't even sell.

I wouldn't consider arcane trading as non-regulated and free either as DE seems to willfully neglect raids which also pushes up the prices.

Influencing the VALUE of something does not make the market any less open and free.  Smartphones had a LOT LESS value before certain Social Media platforms took off and became a thing.  Does that make our real world market not a free one?  The fact that values can be INFLUENCED without being SET IN STONE is what makes it FREE.  

The price of gasoline could drop 50% or more TOMORROW if everyone decided to start riding bikes.  Or, sellers could double it...because they feel like it.  They might not make sales then, though, but that's their right to do in a FREE ECONOMY.

Methinks there are too many Tenno stating uneducated opinions as facts on these forums.  I'm not judging but I'm concerned about the speed at which misinformation has a tendancy to spread.

Warframe is a free market system. Period. That's fact.  There is no debating it. 

As for other opinions I've read on what it means to "be playing Warframe".  Well, what does it mean to be playing "The Sims"?  If I choose to go into God Mode and just spam build then light a town on fire....Am I not playing it as "correctly" as someone who is just taking their time going through goals and such?  Of course not!  

If you're having fun, and you're not taking away from anyone else's experience, you're playing the game.

I'm too lazy to read this whole thread to see if it's been questioned, but who the hell is trying to sell Nova for 1200? On consoles where the prices are cheaper no less? I bought mine for 175. Not to mention, I watch chat ALOT, and never seen anyone asking over 250 and I see them in that ballpark a lot. I'm calling BS on the OP. 

There's no way someone was trying to sell Nova for 1200 and people thought it was legit.

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

On 2/1/2018 at 2:14 PM, --Q--Voltage said:

It is called a Free Market economy. Anyone can charge whatever they want for items. If you don't want to buy it for that price, you can barter or decline. The guidelines/regulations are created by the market and supply and demand.

This. Also, some parts are vaulted, and sell for a lot more, you have to learn to accept that or just wait for them to be unvaulted