Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable

GrimGuardian

Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable.

The update will be restarted shortly..

When i start up the warframe launcher from steam it says this, no other explanation, lots of my friends are playing without any sort of problem, this has been going on sense yesterday, been 26 hrs sense i was able to start the game up, its a weekend and i would like to play with my friends. i even get updates from my warframe app on my phone its really weird how i cant start it, this is the first time its happened to me or the first iv'e heard of this does anyone else have this problem?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 7:14 PM, GrimGuardian said:

Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable.

The update will be restarted shortly..

I just received this same error... first time ever.

I have noticed for a long time Warframe takes a ridiculous amount of time to update...Even after downloading files it has to check content again, which seemingly must be an operation it needs to check with DE's server, because it takes forever even with an SSD and core i7..

I've also been having this problem since last night (about 25 hours now). I've tried all the steps in the support page, in addition to all the 'fixes' I can see in the various forums.

Edit: It appears that entering an incorrect promo code multiple times gets your external IP banned for 48 hours. The launcher won't tell you that though, it will just give you the "Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable". So if you see this error and nothing seems to work, just give it a few days.

Edited by Anexdelar

• 5 weeks later...