Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

gReMLiN1804

greetings DE,

for harrow you have to get a ~10% drop from a c rotation of defection. to me defection is antifun. warframe is a grindy game and often you hate RNGus. but at least you are doing something that is fun. 
defection is a mission type that is ANTI-fun for me. i never stumbled over defection myself and just doing it now, because i want to get harrow. i have 1k hours into warframe and right now this is the first time i have not fun playing warframe. so much so that i write this and beg you to NOT gate ANYTHING behind the defection mission type again.

the mission type just encourages a very counter-"warframe" playstyle. the most efficient way is to have ppl sit on the ABC spots and push buttons and then have an oberon give healing buff to the defectors and then have the ABC guys shoo the defectors towards the escape ship. this promotes the AFK-noninteractive playstyle (as for example with banshee+ember 4) you want to get rid of.

a very lot of fun with warframe comes with the movement system. in every aspect of the game you are rewarded for beeing good at moving around fast. to be a space ninja. even with a similar mission type (rescue) you kinda get the fun of turning it into a speedrun, because the dummy AI warps with you, when you get too much ahead.

if you do defection solo, you rush to ABC, push the button, give the mobs the oberon renewal, wait on the next letter for the dummy AI and send them along asap. 
if you do defection in a group, you either are just the buff provider as oberon, or sit at ABC and press a button or shoo the dummy AI towards the escape ship.

i am about 20 missions into defection and RNGus was not kind to me. i hate the "feel" of defection so much, i will very certainly not play that mission type again (not even for helping ppl) after i got that damn harrow part blueprint.

thanks for reading.

I know how you feel, I recently had to do over 10 defection runs before I got Harrows,and while I didnt hate it as much as you seem to it was not as fun as lets say survival for me, but then again I prefer defection against, for example, interception, specially if you were, like I was, playing solo. The only problem is that it felt long, compared to other type of missions like assassinations or survival. 

With this I mean that while you might hate it, others might like it and might hate other game modes... if they were to remove it just because someone dislikes doing this type of mission then someone else might come alone and ask to remove other components from other mission types because they dont like playing them, which will leave us as you can imagine with not many game modes to put this drops!  

10 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I know how you feel, I recently had to do over 10 defection runs before I got Harrows,and while I didnt hate it as much as you seem to it was not as fun as lets say survival for me, but then again I prefer defection against, for example, interception, specially if you were, like I was, playing solo. The only problem is that it felt long, compared to other type of missions like assassinations or survival. 

With this I mean that while you might hate it, others might like it and might hate other game modes... if they were to remove it just because someone dislikes doing this type of mission then someone else might come alone and ask to remove other components from other mission types because they dont like playing them, which will leave us as you can imagine with not many game modes to put this drops!  

I got a quick question about defection if you don't mind answering it. Does it need to be a very high level defection mission like level 30+? or can I just play a bunch of level 10 defection missions to get the harrow parts?

I haven't even tried running defection, to farm harrow lol. Nope.... If I happen to get him from an alert, cool. If I happen to get him from kiva spy then sweet. Otherwise lel nope... I'm good.

*Edit* Actually to be fair, 10% drop rate really isn't that bad. Statistically, it means that you'd get 1 component within 10-15 missions. I just can't be bothered to farm it, because I don't enjoy defection missions. But a 10% drop chance really isn't bad. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

With Defection missions the best way I've found to do it is a solo long duration blessing Trinity. It's slower but they come one group at a time and blessing keeps them alive, bring something like a simulor or other AOE weapon and you should be good. Still pretty boring though.