Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

water at cetus

xandro2

The Sentient, Eidolon, crashed in such a proximity as an outcome of his mind's destruction that the plains' water itself has been tainted to the point where his remains can manifest as Teralysts, Vomvalysts, and who-knows-what-else. From how I interpreted what I know, this is why the water is not good for your shields, let alone the Tenno.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Added: 'What I know' segment.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

The Sentient, Eidolon, crashed in such a proximity as an outcome of his mind's destruction that the plains' water itself has been tainted to the point where his remains can manifest as Teralysts, Vomvalysts, and who-knows-what-else. From how I interpreted what I know, this is why the water is not good for your shields, let alone the Tenno.

but why is it only at night then, the sentients are there day and night, they just only roam at night. also i like cold damage on myself more then magnetic ^^ 

2 minutes ago, xandro2 said:

but why is it only at night then, the sentients are there day and night, they just only roam at night. also i like cold damage on myself more then magnetic ^^ 

Sentients are not awake in daylight, because, according to the Cetus legends about Gara's sacrifice to kill Eidolon, Eidolon and his forms cannot roam in daylight as it blinds them. Also, the Vomvalysts and even Teralysts to an extent can turn into energy, which only reinforces the connection.

Short: When, if not where, have you ever seen active Vomvalysts/Teralysts in daylight?

And here I thought the most important question was going to be asked....  I remember that during one of the dev streams they had talked about the water being magnetized...  Something either about the sentient crash or the changes that the Orokin had done with the world as we know it.  I accepted it as a standard water hazard as Bethesda taught me about radiation hazards in the water with the Fallout series of games.  

I was wondering why the archwing mechanic with submersibles -- which is readily available on Uranus -- seems to be surprisingly missing during the daylight hours on Cetus.  It seems rather logical and yet -- nope...  Archwing can only fly there.  Strange mechanic that I'm forced to accept when I'm fishing/mining/grinding.

20 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

I was wondering why the archwing mechanic with submersibles -- which is readily available on Uranus -- seems to be surprisingly missing during the daylight hours on Cetus.  It seems rather logical and yet -- nope...  Archwing can only fly there.  Strange mechanic that I'm forced to accept when I'm fishing/mining/grinding.

Probably because it would be a hard sell to have the sharkwing pop up automatically whereas you gotta craft launchers for skywing now. That and there's nothing to do in the water. But I agree it's weird from the player perspective.

5 minutes ago, Snib said:

Probably because it would be a hard sell to have the sharkwing pop up automatically whereas you gotta craft launchers for skywing now. That and there's nothing to do in the water. But I agree it's weird from the player perspective.

Heh!  Tell me about it.   I remember when I was building the launchers in my foundry I was thinking, "why is fish oil needed for flight on Earth for?"  Hell, my suggestion is roll sharkwing/skywing all in one...  It'll make the fish oil requirement seem a bit more believable.  

37 minutes ago, xandro2 said:

We have cold damage (along with poison).  Thank the Ghouls for that.  

Edited by MBaldelli
added response.