Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino + VHek + DrNikana build: is it good?

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone
This is my build for Rhino (i asked some suggestion here some times ago)

FoincBF.png

After forma Rhino has some more point free i can use to upgrade Flow with Primed Flow when/if Baro will permit :|
It's a pretty solid build, Iron Shrapnel let me recast iron skin and put a ragdoll while in trouble and Ironclad Charge let me create an opening and increasing my armor before recasting of IS. At the moment i got problem only in "energy reduction" 80-100 sortie mission, or whenever i act of overconfidence in the 80-100 sortie mission and let them surround me.

I used Hek + Syndicate mod until yesterday when i hit 30 with Vaykor Hek. I tried building for crit damage but i have only one, maybe two, mod for crit. So in the end i built it for elemental + multishot damage (copying a build i found on this forum, don't remember where :| )

For secondary i use Twin Grakata. 'cause "clem clem grakata" :D but mostly because is a mid-range auto-fire weapon while VHek is short-range. I honestly think need to be rebuilt from scratch 'cause is not really effective...

I always felt very confident of the Dragon Nikana; is not quick and slasher like the Broken War i use with my Valkyr Prime, nor crit-hungry like the Zaw i use with other build but is a good damage, overall balanced and she got powerful swing. However, at higher level it seems doing very little dps while i need to face strong eximus (like on some sortie)

So in the end
a) this overall build combination is good?
b) what can i change and how? (mostly i think grakata and nikana build will need more love... :| )

TY all for your help and suggestions!!!

5 answers to this question

https://imgur.com/a/05qKM 

you should aim to make your weapon build looks like pic related, v hek is a crit shotgun, twin grakatas is a bullet hose with S#&$ty ammo economy so probably ammo mutation is better than heated charge, nikana p and dragon build is the one i linked except that d nikana got 5 dispo so with a riven you can make it stronger than nikana p. for rhino i cant help you out except that vitality for an iron skin build is not really worth since iron skin makes you invulnerable

When you get access to Prime Continuity Rhino's Roar enjoys it, well as the buff window for his IronClad to decide if you need a better charge before re-applying. You won't need Vitality and Power Strength will do better than Armored Agility. Just use Rush if you want to keep the Sprint Speed and use Transient Fort / Blind Rage. Health Conversion is a big help but not needed outside endurance runs and you may need Zenurik to fuel the use of Blind Rage.

This is a lil more advanced in progression but it shows you got the right idea with Rhino.

Spoiler

WrxltpX.jpg

For V. Hek use Hunter's Munitions on a Crit build with either Viral or Corrosive depending what you're shooting. There's really only two crit mods for shotguns outside Laser Scope which doesn't get used that often. Some status is fine for Viral to help keep Viral status from falling off but for Corrosive isn't going to make much difference so I'd just use 90% mods.

This is an old Hek pic. Just swap Vicious Spread or Seeking with Hunter's. I prefer Punch-Through on shotguns.

Spoiler

8GOTfcW.jpg

For Twin Grakatas try to get Target Cracker on there and use Corrosive Vs Armor (Grineer 90% +60/60x2). Toxic Vs (Corpus 90% + 60/60x1 with a utility) mod and Corrosive + Heat vs (Infested 90%x2 + Primed Heated or 90% Heat). I think the first Corrosive build is wrong. It might have been an ammo economy thing but I doubt you'll notice the 90% Vs 60/60 until you get better.

Spoiler

JX9927B.jpg

LS0OFkl.jpg

JgacdUs.jpg

Dragon Nikana is a bit tricky. It really shines with a Riven but if you have Weeping Wounds you can make a decent weapon out of it. If you don't have Condition Overload then Blood Rush will work. If you don't have Blood Rush umm....

https://goo.gl/ztNS95

Edited by Xzorn

ok ty

i did'nt have your prime mod (i have just a primed continuity and a primed reach, not yet maxed out), but i'll look forward on this build

as for ditching vitality and using (primed) continuity for Rhino: i don't know... IS will make him invulnerable but without a bit of health it will explode whenever IS goes down

as for hunter's munition i have it and maxed out :)
but for Rhino i use a taxon (with shield regen and other shield mod) while hunter's is better with a kubrow... right? i can swap with my helminth charger ofc but i fear is less useful for a tanky build... or not?

8 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

ok ty

i did'nt have your prime mod (i have just a primed continuity and a primed reach, not yet maxed out), but i'll look forward on this build

as for ditching vitality and using (primed) continuity for Rhino: i don't know... IS will make him invulnerable but without a bit of health it will explode whenever IS goes down

as for hunter's munition i have it and maxed out :)
but for Rhino i use a taxon (with shield regen and other shield mod) while hunter's is better with a kubrow... right? i can swap with my helminth charger ofc but i fear is less useful for a tanky build... or not?

It's fine to use Vitality until you get more accustomed to watching his Iron Skin values but thanks to Iron Shrapnel you can re-apply his Iron Skin at will so ideally you never take health damage which is also what allows Health Conversion to keep full stacks once you've got them. Not exactly needed outside long runs though as I mentioned.

The ultimate difference is that for the mod slot, Vitality will give Rhino an extra 1k Effective Health while a Power Strength mod in it's place will give 10,000 or more to Iron Skin depending on how many enemies you charge. So the idea is that if something is chewing through your Iron Skin quickly enough where you aren't prepared to re-apply it than the extra health from Vitality isn't going to make a difference.

Hunter's Munitions is good for any weapon that's ~40% or more crit chance really. It's a little OP. Mostly for armored enemies though and it can still be a little weapon dependent. I've tested it on V.Hek though and it gets a noticeably kill speed improvement against lvl 100 Napalms / Bombards.

Ok ty

now i'm trying a new "crit" build for Vaykor Hek; i'll try to add hunter's munition using the new forma+affinity booster if needed

as for Transient Fortitude, i don't have it :( but hopefully i will find it, sooner or later... power drift and intensify are already inside the build (i don't have primed intensify neither...)

what else can i put inside the warframe slot to increase power strenght? blind rage? is'nt a -55% efficiency a bad thing?