Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Misleading info regarding the Dera and Dera Vandal accuracy stat: either default accuracy: either it's not showing the default accuracy properly or mods that lower accuracy are more effective than they should be.

Neo_Ganryu

Hey there, folks.

My apologies if this isn't the right place to post about this, but due to the given nature of this bug, I think this may be the most fitting place to post it. There seems to be a rather misleading bug relating to the accuracy stat on the Dera and Dera Vandal weapons. From what I can tell by experimenting with the weapon, I'm lead to assume that it's either related to the default accuracy not being shown properly in either weapons' stats before applying mods (which I feel is the most likely case), or the use of mods that lower accuracy seem to effect them both far more drastically than they should. By default, both weapons normally show 100.0 as the accuracy and seems to shoot in a relatively straight line with little to no spread when using singular or sustained fire (since the weapon alternates between firing from the top and bottom rails, I can't really consider that as the weapon having spread). However, upon equipping something that adjusts the accuracy (such as Heavy Caliber), it causes the stat to be drastically cut down by much more than what it should, and increases the spread by quite a bit.

For the sake of testing and reporting purposes, I recorded a short video here, using the Dera Vandal in its base (unmodded) form, followed by using a maxed out Heavy Caliber (which has a -55% accuracy adjustment as one of the effects on the mod, for any new players that aren't familiar with the mod) only, and then coupling the Dera Vandal with a maxed out Heavy Caliber and a maxed out Split Chamber for an additional example of the accuracy issue. Normally, the default 100.0 accuracy of the Dera and Dera Vandal should only cut the accuracy stat down to 45.0 accuracy due to the -55% accuracy stat on the mod since removing 55% from 100 should leave you with 45.0 as the intended adjustment. Instead, the -55% accuracy adjustment from Heavy Caliber causes the accuracy to be cut down from 100.0 accuracy to 7.2 accuracy instead; that's a 92.8% drop in accuracy (an additional 37.8%), and it certainly shows when the weapon is in use, both with sustained fire and singular shots. An example of how the accuracy is affected by this can be seen in the video linked above. Now, I don't know if the weapon is supposed to have 100.0 accuracy by default or if this was just a typo in the stats list that we see in the game for both weapons, but the accuracy stat itself on both the Dera and Dera Vandal is extremely misleading in either case.

And again, my apologies if this actually is in the wrong place. I'm honestly not sure if this is an actual problem with the weapon or if it's just a small issue with the UI showing incorrect information.

Edited by Neo_Ganryu