Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's augments... are they good?

Kelpie77

Question

Hi everyone

my second-to-best used warframe is a Valkyr Prime i bought long time ago; she helped me going through second dream and war within and almost never felt useless. I sometime use for some sortie mission when my beloved Rhino is too low dps (ie survival or interception). She's accompained by an helminth charger who really one-shot almost everything :D

However, i thounght about using one of the 3 forma gifted to squeeze some more mod, ie a full primed continuity (at the moment is only rank 10) or like. And i was also seeing at valkyr's augments... i'm steel meridian so i can't buy them but i can trade with someone else for steel meridian ones i suppose (with ivara i did it) but then i was reading them on wikia and thought... they are really worth?

i mean: those does'nt looks so good in my eyes and my build works fine so... did they really worth? wich one? the only one looking good is Eternal War, but is worth to remove one mod to put that inside?

this is my build https://goo.gl/RrhmTh so it's working fine; as i said i have a forma-ed companion with some synergic mods (so he heal my frame while damaging opponents, etc)

i use a soma prime built on crit, sonicor (for little crowd control in emergency) and a broken war; i'm testing if a custom built zaw is good enough to substitute broken war but at the moment it seems like a little less efficient

ps: what should i forma to? i guess to the D slot so steel fiber will cost less and if i put my hands on a primed vigor i can use it... it's a good choice?
pps: or if you feel like shield are overrated for valkyr, i can put an armored agility to up my armor to 1785 basic armor... :D

as alwways, thank you for your help and advices :)

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kelpie77 said:

i mean: those does'nt looks so good in my eyes and my build works fine so... did they really worth? wich one? the only one looking good is Eternal War, but is worth to remove one mod to put that inside?

I can't really imagine a Valkyr build without an augment, what are you supposed to do? Use Hysteria? I wouldn't even consider building Valkyr to use it otherwise than a very situational or emergency tool. 

Both Eternal War and Prolonged Paralysis are great augments. The first one is used more widely, but I prefer the second one due to the sheer fun of it and the fact that it actually makes Valkyr much more useful in different mission types. 

Eternal War build - typical build most people would run:

https://imgur.com/Bum3XMV

Playstyle - cast warcry and start killing stuff with your melee weapon, not much more to it. Pretty tanky thanks to Quick Thinking + Primed Flow combo.

Prolonged Paralysis build, my go to build, nice CC tool, but has its limitations - doesn't work against flying units or units that are performing an animation when you cast it - such as throwing a hook at you or doing a ground slam. But the fun of it - imagine gathering like 50 enemies at your feet and then killing the whole pile a couple of ground finishers. Works very good on reduced energy defence maps because of low cast cost and gaining energy from damage. Less tanky build, no that huge Quick Thinking buffer, but thanks to CC you aren't supposed to be getting hit that much.

https://imgur.com/UGBdip7

I use both builds with an Adarza kavat that gets healed by me thanks to Pack Leader and heals me back thanks to Hunter Recovery - it's a very nice combo that lets you run without relying on healing from any other sources too much.

Oh... 4th augment is an exilus? cool

anyway thank you for your help... i *really* should found Blind Rage 'cause i see a lot of build using it and i still have'nt

(i know is realitively simple, but for hunting orokin derelict mods you will need a team coordinated and bring all 4 key variants... and my friends are stopping playing :( so only way to get them is to trade it... :awkward: )

As for paralysys build, i almost can use it; almost, 'cause i need Blind Rage of course... :| Problem is i always forget to use it and use hysteria or warcry instead... i really don't have a mind to the CC :| (probably is the reason i ditched nyx as soon as i hit 30 :awkward: )

Edited by Kelpie77