The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

GPU Usage drops to 20-40% and then stays there until I restart the game

greedo_10

I have been getting into warframe on PC and I am having an issue where my GPU usage falls to 20-40% and leave the game completely unplayable until i restart the game. My specs are:

i7-4770k (stock speeds)

zotac amp edition GTX 1080

16GB hyperx fury 1600mhz ram

asus h81m-a

250gb 750 evo ssd (for os)

500GB sandisk ultra ii (where warframe is installed)

The game drops from over 200 fps to under 60 and stutters a huge amount, it happens seemingly at random during gameplay anywhere from 5 minutes in all the way up to 3 hours in. The game barely makes my cpu flinch  so it isn't a bottlenecking issue. The only way to solve it is to reboot the game, and thats really annoying when you are doing it every 10 minutes.

I have tried installing 5 different nvidia  drivers none of which have helped, I have Overclocked, underclocked and set to stock my GPU none of which made any difference. I am completely at a loss as to what is causing this.

It is a CPU hog.

WF can only utilize 1 core/2 threads properly(you can see for yourself if you monitor it with MSI afterburner), so the CPU can't send many frames for your GPU to render, lowering its usage.

Your GPU is too much for WF anyways, unless you are playing on 4K(which I'm sure it can easily provide around 100 FPS).

What you can do is, close all uncessary background tasks, overclock your CPU, and increase the games resolution. If your montior is 1080p, use nvdia control panel to activate DSR and get your resolution to 4k in t he game. That will take the load off CPU.

Edited by White_Matter

this happend to me alot, usually at POE during heavy fight 

im running

Amd x6 1100t

gtx 1070

16GB corsair ddr3 1600 mhz ram

samsung 850 evo 250gb

not only that the sometime it takes forever to load the cetus door,

so far keep happend during Tri eidolon run, 

i already order ryzen 1700x for and upgrade, Warframe take the cake this time