Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fix Zephyr without major alterations to her currently existing kit

ObviousLee

Ok folks, here's the deal. This suggestion utilizes everything in her currently existing kit but in slightly different ways. The pieces are all there, just being re-aligned for better cohesion and appeasement of various play styles.

Tailwind alteration: press 1 for standard quick burst that's steerable. Charge for forward flight (not sure if it should drain or not, we'll discuss that later) and we take the divebomb aspect and make it respond to collision of surfaces and enemies.Meaning that if you're flying in a horizontal direction and hit a wall, BAM! Divebomb in the direciton you're traveling(not at the ground). Hit an enemy? BAM, divebomb sends enemy flying. This could result in the stopping of the flight, or not and in turn makes her a flying bulldozer. This will also make her augment for the ability MUCH more useful for damage application. Press and hold spacebar to engage the hover ,which allows for quick and precise direction change as well as tactical attacks.So all current effects of tailwind are still present, just reshuffled in such a way as to remedy the issues inherent within the ability itself

What this solves: This handles the issue of ramming into walls due to high duration builds, enemies not being effected by collision from tailwind, and allows for actual controlled flight, makes hitting enemies and/or walls not be a wast of time/possible death sentence, and finally keeps titania from stepping on the back of her neck while screaming "who's your daddy!?"

Air burst: pretty easy fix here. Simply increase the area of effect, travel speed of the projectile, and give whatever it collides with a lasting duration of the effect of CC. Make it hit faster, wider, and last a bit so as to effect enemies that come into contact with the effect after it's been cast. Essentially give it some residual and it'll be good, maybe a slight damage buff as well, but we can discuss that later.

What this solves: Gives more controlled CC that can be used reactively or proactively, improves tactical combat effectiveness, and provides some decent damage output.

Turbulence: reduce the casting time (it's still so pretty to watch) so it's just as fast as it used to be, and undo the stealth nerf to jet stream. Also make jet stream applicable to the tailwind flight mode.

What this solves: the minute unnecessary nerf to turbulence and jetstream, putting it back where it used to be which is to say "perfection".

Tornado: Make tornado a single, larger tornado that doesn't follow your cursor, give it an increased draw range and have tornado contain the enemies within the center of the tornado clumped up and helpless, similar to vortex or larva, while maintaining the "shoot to thrill" mechanic of the ult. Make funnel cloud augment function as tornado currently functions. Tornado now being a single cyclone should be cast at the location of the cursor, and should be able to be disengaged at will instead of duration based. Dial down the sound and remove the screen shake, blammo. Done. 

What this solves: the absolute pain in the neck slower-than-two-snails-boinking-on-an-ice-cube travel speed is now gone, the tornado can be placed where and when it's needed most instead of relying on the tornado to make it's way to where you want it "eventually". This also prevents having to babysit the ability by always being forced to keep the tornadoes between yourself and the enemies. This change also allows you to use the rest of the kit without restricting your movements, and prevents enemies from floating around and being tossed out of the tornado which inherently invalidates the "shoot nado for deeps" mechanic that DE has chosen to implement.

just adding
like @Vitae_Prime said about the hover

It's an interesting idea however I feel duration needs to be the thing that determines how long she hovers, not how long you charge it. Personally I never really find myself fully charging it because it will just launch me into the ceiling of most tilesets and I just won't be able to see what I'm shooting.

I feel that the charge mechanic should  definitely stay, however duration should determine how long your hover lasts (unless you finish it early with a tailwind or divebomb of course) and the charge itself determines how high you fly.