Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlock free cam to make Captura awesome!

(PSN)bitraiser

Hey folks, 

I had a thought about Captura mode. 

If we could unlock the free camera so that not everyone is forced into it at the same time (ie, other players can still move and control their Frames while someone is in free camera), it would vastly open things up for doing things like creating fan trailers and such. 

I think this could be a boon to the community and would stimulate a lot more fan produced content. 

4 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

[Steve tweeted a nice camera thing]

Not only that, but Scott also said something about Dojos being considered for Captura scenes. This is getting closer, but I've got a list of features I'd like to see:

Spoiler

-Ability to spawn more than 3 enemies.
Simulacrum and actual gameplay allow this. Why not here?
-Ability to hijack enemies, set certain enemies to be allies (player-controlled enemies for easier scene creation), and lock them in place (convert to frozen ragdoll, with any effect that was playing at the time).
This would allow people to get bigger battle scenes, like invasions where Grineer are fighting Corpus, or create scenes which right now are only possible in Source FIlmmaker.
-Ability to convert any character into a ragdoll, and pose it (plus keyframing).
This is more for diorama scenes or posters than to help with making Warframe animations INSIDE Warframe but if the latter can be done then this would be amazing.
-Ability to place any object, any prop, even weapons, armour, and every part used in tilesets (scenebuilding).
This is because not all tiles are available for Captura and some tiles are either not right in one way or just don't work. Not to mention that, as of writing, there is a scarce number of Captura tiles available which make options rather difficult for people who want the power to make a particular scene but know the tile for it doesn't exist ingame or isn't available for Captura use.