Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plastids.

TheXraptor

Warframe's "grinding for materials" system is usually fair. I can get most of the materials I need reliably. Rubedo? I can get it easily from Sedna or Europa. Ferrite? No problem, the lower level missions are easy. However, there is one particular material that desperately needs fixing. 

That material is Plastids.

Farming for Plastids is absolutely miserable. Why? Because their drop rate is horrendous. On an exceptional run where you search every nook and cranny of the level, you can expect around 100 Plastids. Which wouldn't be that bad, however, a ridiculous amount of items in this game require Plastids. Warframe components, weapons, and clan weapon components all require them.

You'd think that with the mediocre drop rate of Plastids, weapons would only require around 200-400 Plastids. Unfortunately, this is completely wrong. Many weapons require upwards of 900 Plastids to craft, and without a reliable source of Plastids to farm, it basically means that any weapon with over 500 Plastids has a "Plastids Tax", because you're going to have to choose between spending platinum on the stuff or an outrageous amount of time farming it.

The solution to this is simple; lower the Plastids requirements on weapons dramatically. I can tolerate farming 800 Rubedo per warframe, as Rubedo can be reliably farmed from Sedna and Europa. I can tolerate farming Ferrite, as it drops in relatively large quantities and can be reliably obtained from certain planets. I cannot tolerate desperately scavenging for Plastids, by myself, from 4:00 in the afternoon to 4:00 in the morning crossing my fingers that I get any Plastids at all mission-to-mission. 

I use to play and just do missions randomly all over the place, and built up quite a stockpile of stuff over the time that I did. There's only been 3 resources I have ever had to "farm" for... Alloy plates, Ferrite, and Plastids.

Alloy plates.. sure not too bad.. ferrite.. easily obtainable... but plastids... I feel that it is a GIFT from the RNG god that I didn't kill myself today, that I get plastids in a run.

Uranus, Plastids :)

I farmed my 5 Fieldrons (5 x 250 Plastids) there in no-time. Plus you get other goodies :) 

Which mission? People tell me to run Miranda and Ariel, however, after numerous runs I've received no Plastids whatsoever.

Which mission? People tell me to run Miranda and Ariel, however, after numerous runs I've received no Plastids whatsoever.

Any that is Raid/Capture/Spy. Don't go Exterms for farming. Enemy drops are to consider.

Just don't go to objective directly. Explore, take sideways, kill everything that moves. Even after you get the objective, strive off, explore the small rooms, learn about secret container locations (watch minimap if you have Thief's Wit on).

Running those missions with maxed  master thief and thief's wit only to yield 0-150 per run. The drop rate is really broken considering how much plastids you need to build stuff.

I just use a maxed Thief's Wit and my Loki with Siphon and caster mods and NO Sentinel. Perma invis, zorens, and you're good to explore maps like commander Kirk (haha). Think Master Thief is not worth it yet, but I'll give it a shot soon tho.

Edited by Chronodroid

i got 90 to 100 plastid per run in Uranas Ext mission. not sure which one.

pray to RNG if u disagree.

Screens please? Two of your lucky runs do not create a tendency. Actually you've got about 40-50 plastids per extermanation run and 60-80 per longrun mission such as raid and sabotage. 

To OP:

I presume devs thinks than farming plastid the only means you're a pretty close to the engame content and desperately trying to hold you back. However, about needed plastid's value...

Supra requires 8 fieldron which are 2x250 = 2000 plastids. With my bad luck (about 50 per run) this means 40 runs. Funny? Hell no. 

I remember when Control Modules were the limiting factor. Still an improvement over those days, but Plastids look really badly when compared to, say, Polymer Bundle, Circuits (Circuits are limiting too but they give twice as much in a drop), or god DAMN NANO SPORES

URANUS, DESDEMONIA

break every container, you'll drown in Plastids.

NO need to rush through the map, I'm starting to get annoyed by people saying Plastids are rare.

Learn to read the wiki ffs

Stop lying.

Done Desdemone, wasted my own time.44 plastids total.

Here's screen.

zw2GfTm.jpg

Stop lying.

Done Desdemone, wasted my own time.44 plastids total.

Here's screen.

zw2GfTm.jpg

Then you are obviously doing something completely wrong. I usually get 100+ (sometimes less, RNG)

Equip thief's wit and open EVERY container/locker you find. Enemies don't tend to drop much resources.

Then you are obviously doing something completely wrong. I usually get 100+ (sometimes less, RNG)

Equip thief's wit and open EVERY container/locker you find. Enemies don't tend to drop much resources.

I can get xxx resources from doing xxx mission

If i can do it everyone can

It's not like i might be....lucky

Assuming everyone will have as much luck as you is silly.

The fabled miranda, uranus can yield anywhere form 20 to well over 200 on a REALLY good run to  10/15.

Edited by cozzi21

I've purposely avoided crafting things that require a bunch of plastids and just tend to farm for other stuff where plastids also drop. Pluto's a pretty sweet spot, with Morphics and Rubedo also dropping there, and you can never have too many of those. 

But I am absolutely done trying to farm for plastids. soooo tedious.

I just don't get why they think they need Nano Spores dropping 90% of the time.

Seriously.

Seems like anytime I "pony up" and go to Uranus, I end up getting Polymer Bundles everywhere. Sometimes even Gallium will drop from random crap.

Plastids? I'm lucky I see 20-40 in an entire mission.

Saturn? HAHA I HOPE YOU LIKE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF NANO SPORES!

Eris? HAHA NANO SPORES!

And I love how last night we had a Nano Spore Alert. I think DE should look at their database and see how many people actually did a 2100cr Nano Spore alert on.....where was that again? Ceres? Eris?

And compare that to the number of people who did that plastid alert a couple days ago. Or the Neurode one just now.

IMO: Swap Polymer Bundles for Plastids in Venus. You can get plenty of P.Bundles for the few things that use them from Mercury.

Alloy Plates are usually in fairly decent demand, Circuits are not a common drop, and Plastids would be loved.

It'd give people more reason to go to Venus.

Edited by Xylia

I didn't have *too* much trouble with Plastids.

What would be nice:  Materials for credits.  I don't even care if the exchange isn't that great.  But at least a guarantee that even if you don't get the desired drops within 30 runs, you might be able to outright purchase them after that.

But from what I understand endgamers have Bill Gates amounts of credits.  However at some point, everyone would end up at that point some time in their WF career I would imagine.

I didn't have *too* much trouble with Plastids.

What would be nice:  Materials for credits.  I don't even care if the exchange isn't that great.  But at least a guarantee that even if you don't get the desired drops within 30 runs, you might be able to outright purchase them after that.

But from what I understand endgamers have Bill Gates amounts of credits.  However at some point, everyone would end up at that point some time in their WF career I would imagine.

That's what we asked for, and DE gave us Materials for Plat instead of Materials for Credits.

We asked for a Credit Dump and they gave us yet another Plat Vacuum.

Allowing us to dump 30k-50k credits on 500 or so Plastids would siphon a LOT of credits out of players' hands and would give us something to use our credits on.

But no, they stuck em up for Plat, and a lot of people refuse to pay plat, especially not... what is that, again? 30p for 500? At that rate, it'd take nearly 300 plat to make a single clan tech weapon, not counting the potato, the slot, and having to wait for all the building (if you rushed everything you're looking at 500-600 plat; that's twice the price of a WARFRAME!)

I don't see what's the big reason we can't have Credits->Materials transaction in the market. You can't get credits without playing the game (what's the difference if we farm credits or farm Plastids?) unless you by credits for plat (90p for 30k? lol!). And even then they could just make it not worthwhile to buy credits to buy materials; having the 500 plastid bundles be 30-50k would easily do that.

Edited by Xylia

The words "Self Published" come to mind....

How many people, though, are actually willing to spend that much money to get all their clan tech weapons constructed, though?

I understand their wish for players to buy platinum and spend it on in-game items, but the rate is exorbitant -- 30p for 500 plastids? That's not even half of the requirements for ONE weapon. Some weapons take 7 of those crafted materials; that's 2,500 Plastids alone, just for that. That's 150p if you buy the plastids. Add in the waiting time, the 6,000 of whatever resource it is (Salvage, Ferrite, etc)... pretty soon you end up with ridiculous costs for a single weapon (they are more difficult to get than a Warframe).

All because of the ridiculousness of trying to get 2,500 Plastids.

If you raise the bar too high, and make the game too grindy, players will just simply quit instead of dumping $$$ into it. This costs DE in the long run when players would rather say "screw it" rather than support the game with their platinum purchases. When I use platinum, I want it to be worth it. I don't feel that it is worth it when I'm spending 2x the cost of a Warframe on a single weapon.