Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara - an unexpected love

k05h

I am normally not the biggest fan of caster frames. I prefer my Atlas, Inaros or Kitty for close quarter melee punishment. I had not expected to find such a gem under an unappealing skin and hidden away under weeks of grind; took me 3 months to actually get all parts.

What really makes me smile over and over again is the incredible sound work that has gone into this frame. The crystal melody of Spliter Storm is just a joy to listen to, the Shattered Lash sounds like a glas whip and the breaking of her mass vitrify is brillant. Whoever did the sound deserves an Oscar.

I also had not expected to find all of her 4 abilities equally useful plus an unexpected deadly passive as the icing on the kit. Her kit is like a funny crossover of Banshee, Frost, Mesa, Nezha, Titania and a tiny bit of Mag. Her first is like Banshee's first but also like Mesa's first because it can be used in two different ways. Her second is like Mesa's shatter shield when cast on herself but turns into Nezha's Safeguard when cast on team mates but finally turns a single enemy into a weak magnetize bubble when cast on an enemy. Her third is like Titania's Lantern but with a twist that they shoot their mirrors. And finally her fourth ablity is like a Frost bubble but not really like the frost bubble because of the way it works with enemies. 

The kit is amazing and had after a few hours of playing brought me without any issues through todays sortie (sabotage, exterminate, mobile defense). - Thumbs up! 

Try shattering her 4 with her 1 from the outside while your 2 is active :9 that synergy is probably the best thing in her kit :)

It basicly adds all the damage your 1 does, adds the life of your 4 and makes the result tick on your 2 per second. That can basicly be scaled infinitely as long as you refresh her splinter storm with mass vitrify.

Might fit you well since that lets her top all of the frames mentioned above when it comes to close ranged damage.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Looks like you got her post-balance. 

After the nerf of her 4, she was barely usefull. Her 1 is more of a Iron Jab/Sonic Boom mix, not bad, for a first ability. 

Shatter Storm has always been her best ability (imo) for the DR, but so annoying when casted on enemies by accident, especilly when surrounded, low on energy, not using cast speed mods, etc. People use it for damage by using the 1+4+2 combo, but I prefer having a Defensive frame rather than just another damage-focused frame like the dozens we already have.

Her 3 is extremely weak. It deals moderated damage and highly affected by AoE attacks and weapons (ex: Bombards, Napalms, Scorchs, etc.). 

MV was not that "op" in term of area denial, yet DE nerfed it by adding health to it, but with no scaling whatsoever. Now, at least, it scales with the hp/shields of vitrified enemies, so I guess they found a way to balance the nerf.

I love Gara and I use her a lot. I'm tired of people saying that she's "impossible to get" and everything. You got her in 3 months, I got her in 4 days (passive farming to get used to the plains). I've seen a lot of people hating frames because they were unable to get it (for example, Nidus, Ivara, Equinox, etc.), so I'm glad you remained sane after this 3 month farm.