Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bountry Rewards - Not feeling rewarded.

IllegallyHuge

Rewards for higher level bounties don't feel like rewards. Putting your time and effort into farming relics is all well and good. However the rewards separate from them are, well, bad. With 200+ Breath of the Eidolon, 80+ cetus wisps, vigilante/gladiator/augur mods stacking up, enough parts to build Gara 10 times over, how about changing things up each cycle. IMO cetus wisps shouldn't even be a reward, definitely not a stage 5 reward. When that pops up, I feel as though I've wasted my time. I'm all good with farming relics on the plains. Actually come to enjoy, and appreciate the plains more since spending so much time there. However I'm feeling overloaded with items and unrewarded after 5 stages with a single cetus wisps.

I don't think we can equate the 5th stage to a C rotation, with a more desireable reward pool. If anything, advancing through the stages could bump up the drop chances in a way similar to relic refinement. 

I agree, however that all missions and bounties should yield at least one drop that is both desireable and kinda exclusive to each particular mission/bounty, so that players would feel demoralized.

However, given enough time, any item, no matter how scarce, will pile up from any location (like ectos or armbraces in GW1) and - unless it's a tradeable - will no longer feel attractive.

Taking your wisps as an example, I'd remove them from the reward pool and give'em as bonus for completing the bounty (their amount varying with the difficulty). Obviously, their use is limited and can quickly become undesireable.

Similarly, void missions could reward some bonus void traces for completion, Eris and Derelict bonus mutagen samples and so on.

Back to PoE, Cetus would need to grow its market - in both utility and fashion sectors - and use the wisps (or, later on, its own currency tied in with the bounties).

Overall, the PoE bounties rewards are more attractive and balanced compared with the rest of the starchart, but in an ever-evolving game there's plenty of room for improvements.