Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Mission: Warning System?

Dehumanization

I tried searching for this suggestion and couldn't find it. Sorry if it's already up!

Like most people, I can be a bit oblivious when playing/enjoying the game, so it would be nice if a message or Lotus appeared on your screen when the thing you're defending is at 75%, 50%, 25% and 10% health. Sometimes on crowded waves, everyone's too busy fighting to notice there's one little knife grunt slashing away at the core, or whatever.

The amount of times we've prematurely failed a defense mission and been like, "WAT.".

Edited by Dehumanization

It wouldn't have to include any voiceover from the lotus.

DE already has a system for putting big 'ole bold text in our faces, like the "Time Added!" popups from Timed Nightmare.

This kind of thing doesn't sound like too much work, and I think a lot of players would appreciate it.

I tried searching for this suggestion and couldn't find it. Sorry if it's already up!

Like most people, I can be a bit oblivious when playing/enjoying the game, so it would be nice if a message or Lotus appeared on your screen when the thing you're defending is at 75%, 50%, 25% and 10% health. Sometimes on crowded waves, everyone's too busy fighting to notice there's one little knife grunt slashing away at the core, or whatever.

The amount of times we've prematurely failed a defense mission and been like, "WAT.".

If you're defending at the pod like you should then there's no way that 1 mob can kill the pod with no one noticing it.

A warning could be useful but only if you can turn it on / off.

As useful as it would be

If you were near the pod, like you should  then this would not happen. Because if 4 people can't notice a monster going to pod, then that's thier fault.

And the Pod becomes so squishy as higher levels that you can't even wait for a warning to save it.

Hmmm, I was waiting for replies like this. It's like saying, "oh, you don't need a health bar if you're a good player lolol". That's not true. I play on a high resolution and the health bar is pretty damn small. This suggestion does not reflect on my skill - it's just a good and needed idea.

If you're defending at the pod like you should then there's no way that 1 mob can kill the pod with no one noticing it.

Then you'd be surprised. Sadly, you can't always rely on other players - especially on the Grineer cave. Not actually being able to see the other side is a big hindrance, especially when defending the other side. I've found it's best to just keep doing laps around the core.

Next time, stay close to the pod.

Camping spawns usually has that problem.

I would, normally, on higher level missions/waves. Like I said, "prematurely failed" - as in we've just been rushing the first few waves and let a grunt slip by. Perhaps I over-exaggerated how much this actually happens. Also, camping spawns is usually how it happens in the first place.

If you were near the pod, like you should  then this would not happen. Because if 4 people can't notice a monster going to pod, then that's thier fault.

And the Pod becomes so squishy as higher levels that you can't even wait for a warning to save it.

I disagree - it'd only take one Vauban to rush to the pod/core and use Bastille to give players breathing time if the core was only at 75%.

Edited by Dehumanization