Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New way to kill Eidolons?

(XBOX)Ezkie

This is a question not a click bait for something i have discovered, sorry if it came that way.

I took a minor break from warframe to gather myself after the acolytes came (the grind was to strong) and have recent returned again for the vault open, to break my grind up a bit i decided to go for an eidolon hunt, from memory you grab your lures, go knock off the 4 parts of an eidolon then kill him at the end, which i did but when was totaly roasted and didnt recieve an eidolon shard, is there a new way to get shards now? how long has this been a thing? I did hear something along the lines of you needing 2 lures to lock onto him at the end then kill him, is this the new method? we must have had 1 but my team mates were not thrilled and i wouldnt be either in their position. just looking for answers, think poe is still to new for a google search to help as all i find are old videos and threads on the old system. just some clarification would be nice thanks :) (Am on console so no shrine as of yet if that changes it at all)

Charging Lures with Vomvalysts and linking them to Eidolons were always the way to capture them and get Brillant Shards , same applies to new Eidolons ( Gantulyst & Hydrolyst ) too.

Teralyst requires 2 charged lures = 4 links

Gantulyst & Hydrolyst requires 3 charged lures = 6 links

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ezkie said:

i thought we had 2 lures and night had just started he was properly killed but no shard and everyone was asking who killed him as if it was the wrong thing to do?

then most likely your lures werent charged. simple as that. you made a kill instead of capture. 
and poe is not new to search in google. useful info is out on the next day of update. just gotta know how to google properly

it wasnt a thorough search, was just something along the lines of new eidolon capture something and i changed the time preference to the last month and didnt find anything, so 2 charged lures is the answer, do i still kill him at the end of will there be an animation of him being captured. i only remember the simple link him, kill him technique that use to work from what i remember.

capture process works exactly same as before

and as far as for searching.
just googleing "how to capture eidolons"
brings teralyst wikia page with detailed info at first. then a reddit post about it and 2 video explaining all the details ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ezkie said:

it wasnt a thorough search, was just something along the lines of new eidolon capture something and i changed the time preference to the last month and didnt find anything, so 2 charged lures is the answer, do i still kill him at the end of will there be an animation of him being captured. i only remember the simple link him, kill him technique that use to work from what i remember.

Nothing has changed, so of course "new eidolon capture" or something would not yield results. It is the same as it always has been. You either kill it and get an Eidolon Shard or you get 2 lures and charge them with Vomvalysts to capture it and get an Eidolon Shard and a Brilliant Eidolon Shard.

1 minute ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Nothing has changed, so of course "new eidolon capture" or something would not yield results. It is the same as it always has been. You either kill it and get an Eidolon Shard or you get 2 lures and charge them with Vomvalysts to capture it and get an Eidolon Shard and a Brilliant Eidolon Shard.

Thank you, this was helpful information and i appreciate that.

6 minutes ago, Igni said:

and as far as for searching.
just googleing "how to capture eidolons"
brings teralyst wikia page with detailed info at first. then a reddit post about it and 2 video explaining all the details ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i was not looking for a guide on how to google, i was looking for answers here because google was giving me mixed results. Didnt appreciate the sass, was genuinely looking for information and help.

Thanks.