Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some thoughts on the Eidolon Triple Threat

Giantconch

With the new Eidolons having been out for a bit over a week now, I figure it's high time to get to work writing out some feedback and suggestions for improvements on these...err, wonderful... new beasts.

Please note that I'm a tad salty from the last round as I needed to run the Trin and grab lures. Babysitting these stupid things is and infuriating chore for me.

So lets begin with the lures then!

Needing the lures to capture the Eidolons is fine. Its annoying but its nothing that isnt manageable. They have some serious problems, however.

If you are the person who grabs the lures, you basically just gave yourself a handicap in the rest of the fight with the Eidolons. They stay RIGHT BESIDE YOU, no breathing room. Try to move out of the way, try to bullet jump while they are swarming you, and you get blocked. Try to run away from the Eidolons energy spike when it goes down, and the lures follow you and now that Eidolon is teleporting away.

Sure, you can tell the Lures to hold position, but either it's bugged or simply doesnt work 100% of the time. I tried to get a lure to hold position to keep the Eidolon in place, ran 150m away to be nice and clear of the energy spike, and it teleported to me, causing the Eidolon to teleport away.

A few suggestions for improvements to the lures:

1. Make them stay at least 10m away from the player, be they in their frame or operator. We DONT need them suffocating us or restricting our movements.

2. When a lure attatches itself to a broken limb on an Eidolon, it should stay attatched and not follow the player anymore. This would also need a change to the behavior of the lure so that if its in an energy beam like the ones the Gantulyst emits, that lure will move out of the damage.

These changes free up the lure-finder to no longer need to babysit the lures and allow that lure-finder to actually participate more freely in the battle. As it currently stands, the lure-finder just becomes a robot babysitter.

Alright, with the lures and their wonky behavior covered, lets move on to the Eidolons themselves.

They're big, not that fast, but man as they waddle they shake around a LOT. No big deal, and no real complaints about that, until of course you are trying to shoot their weak points. I'm not going to complain about having to hit a moving target, but I will definitely complain about having to hit a moving target surrounded by a hundred disco balls as bright as the sun when the hitboxes for the weak points doesnt match the weak points visually.

I was shooting the shoulder points on the Gantulyst and Hydrolyst, I was directly hitting the weak points but dealing 0 damage. This needs to be fixed. Its hard enough just seeing these weak points through the blinding bright attacks while not having a lure blocking your shot, so having your attacks "miss" even though its visually a direct hit is discouraging to say the least. Add to that having half your shots blocked by those dang lures and it just takes away from the whole experience and makes it less fun.

Now, the attacks these things do. As nice as it is to have an enemy that can one shot you constantly, its not fun having an enemy one shot you constantly. You have ways around this of course in a Bless trin, Oberon, and the Operator void mode to avoid damage. Alright, leave their attacks super powerful, gotta have some sort of meta form in the absolute requirement of a healer in the squad for the team and the lures right. If this is supposed to be something thats considered "end game" then it might as well hit like a dumptruck. However, do the attacks needs to be as bright as they are?

The attacks are fine hitting hard, but PLEASE turn down the blindingly bright effects! Throw together being half blind with wonky hitboxes and lures constantly in the way restricting shots and movements, and this battle is nothing more than an annoying chore. Fix the hitboxes so my shots actually count for something, fix the lures so I'm not being boxed in, and for the love of clem turn the brightness on the attacks down!

Thats about all I have at the moment. Hope this feedback is useful for the devs in some way!