Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions: Kill 4 dargyn pilots before they hit ground while aim gliding

Ham_Grenabe

Question

So I have this fabulous riven challenge (melee riven): 

Kill 4 dargyn pilots before they hit the ground, while aim gliding. 

This has proven to be Not Trivial. They must be shot down out of their dargyn; suspending them in midair with (for example) Rhino stomp or Bastille do not count. I’ve also tried Fatal Teleporting to the falling pilot, but it’s an invalid target. 

I’ve also tried to do it the honest way, but those suckers fall FAST.  If that’s the only way to do it, so be it, but I’d love to find something that would help smooth the process  

Any thoughts / ideas on things to try?

On 2018-03-10 at 8:13 AM, HarmonicZA said:

Just an FYI. This challenge is likely bugged at the moment. 

I tested the following multiple times:
I used mirage with with 4 of her clones firing an ARCA Plasor with +270% dmg. Pilot and craft killed easily with a double shot, in air. Doesnt count according to the riven.
I used slow nova. Using 4th Ability, when shooting the craft OR THE PILOT in air, the pilot does not die but manages to survive. Its as if the ship always pops and the pilot is always ejected.
I used high damage saryn build. Using her 4th ability in close proximity deep fries both pilot and craft in a blink. Does not count according to the riven goal. 

I haven't tested MESA. Maybe someone else can quick.

That's not bug. You have to kill the Dargyn while it's in the air, have the pilot be ejected, and then kill the pilot while aim gliding.

I've done this challenge many many times. Just use Zephyr, a weapon with no punchthrough to minimize odds of killing pilot, then shoot from the front. Works for me around 70% of the time, you just have to be able to aim.

Did DE change the way this challenge works? I've tried everything and it still hasn't worked for me. I've been trying it on Koro in the Kuva Fortress. There's 6 Dargyns that attack you in the beginning and I believe I tried this challenge once before, I didn't have any issues then. 

On 2018-09-12 at 3:11 PM, (PS4)SkinlessGorgon said:

Here is a thought, although i haven't tried this myself.

Nidus, Larva while the pilots are on the ground.  Larva 5m above them and shoot them before Larva kills them?  Obviously Bullet jump up then aim glide down while shooting.

Technically they are off the ground when they get pulled onto the larva.  Let me know is this works.

I can confirm that Nidus with his 2 works for this, it pulls pilots off the dargyn and hold them long enough for you to glidekill them.

Well, i made it very easy. with 3 Dagryns, 3 pilot kills.

Just wander with Ash and find those resting on the earth.
Then, sneak (no need to use the invisibility) and launch a Castana Sancti on the pilots (or the ship if you wanna do it reverse)

Later, provoke them to ride the Dagryn... in the air, use the Shuriken [1] to kill the ship, when explodes, detonate the castana and Voila! pilot kill.

You can do it on reverse (not tested) putting the castana on the ship, detonate it and kill them with the shuriken (make sure to have good STR and RNG -strengh and range)
But im not sure, maybe the Castana is too powerfull and kill them  bot, ill stay with the old method.