Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Endgame And A Challenge - What Do We Expect For Warframe's Future?

Eisvogel

As far as skyrim is concerned, the game was built around the lore. we have the opposing problem. we have mechanics but not really a whole lot of lore :(.  I think as a whole it makes it that much harder to implement the lore, cut to cells by Notionphil, and that could work.  As for personal frame story, that's fine.  Every mmo doesn't have an exact story for your character.  that's for you to make up.  atleast i hope that is what de meant >.>

i really think that if they're going to implement this lore into the game, they'll have to do it by baby steps, and not a full on overload.  Thus in keeping with such an idea, We shall reuse captain vor as our first "raid/instance/dungeon" Boss.

Here is how the mission will start(incoming wall of text):

You perform a routine rescue mission.  As you arrive to the rescue location, you find out that there was really no detainee, and that it was really a trap.  Enter lots of baddies and a mini-boss, something like hek but not in name.  After you move to extract, your ship is captured by a grineer vessel(raiz0's idea :P ).  You are promptly boarded, disarmed and thrown into the holding bay.  based upon what your group makeup is, you can escape in multiple fashions.  Ash can stealth to make it appear he is no longer in his cell, drawing the guard nearer.  Mag could pull, etc etc, you get the idea :P.  Upon releasing your group, you must make your way to the armory where your weaponry lay.  enter tunnels and a bit of parkour.  once you retrieve your weapons, you must re-establish contact with Lotus.  Head to data link where you can relay a transmission, and also gain insights into the grineers plans.  As you are perusing their database, an anti-virus blocks lotus and you enter a 15 wave countdown defense with a platoon commander at every 5th wave, first is easier than the last.  After Lotus has had enough time to regain entry, she quells the alarms and you are now able to move a bit.  You learn of Vor's capture of a sizeable stash of cryopods, and his plans to eviscerate them and jettison them into the void of space.  Obviously this is going to be the end objective.  after fighting w/e mobs lie in between you and this cryopod holding area, you arive, only to find Vor there with the pods.  He lowers them and begins fighting you.

Vor:  small waves of grineer lancers + Normal captain vor for phase 1, with tweak to immunity.  Immunity is granted by "chanters"(not sure how religious grineer are there's no lore! so i'm thinking warhammer40k space marines :P)  we'll say there are 3-4. as they are conscious, they create a barrier around vor and enable him to move and fight while being protected.  Obviously chanters must go down first. once you knock out the enchanters, and fill vor with enough ammo and steel to supply the allied forces of WW2, enter phase 2:  Vor has lost his lower half and mumbles something about the sisters.  Suddenly a holotransmission appears above the battlefield with the sisters( first time to see them!!!!) They dribble out something about how they are disappointed, but will give him one more chance.  Insert big flash of light, and now Vor is hooked up to some giant mechanical monster.  Also Vor is now hooked up to the ship, so grineer troops will start to come in a bit larger waves but still mostly lancers. these lancers however will be protecting the chanters who now have taken up protecting the core of Vors new robot.  The battlefield is treated somewhat like orokin towers, with annoying ledges that pop up out of the ground. 

So back to explaining phase 2 haha:

Vor has 3 attacks.  One is spinning the legs of the monster to knock back tenno and do moderate damage.  ability 2 is a laser, much like void lasers.  haven't figured out 3 yet but i'll come back and edit it :D

In order to expose the core, you must destroy the plating.  destroying it will activate the chanters.  During this time, vor will be immobile, but the enchanters will be fairly well guarded.  Taking down enchanters exposes core, you blast it a bit, ticks away.  Rinse and repeat 3 times, but it gets harder/quicker.  Once you have done the third time, vor's machine blows up leaving him little more than a head and leaving a nice whole in the ground where the cryopods are located.  Vor mutters something about how grineer will continue to expand and they won't be stopped, leaves something ominous that could lead to another raid/dungeon later on, but not necessarily in exact order.  Retrieve loot, and extract with cryopods in tow. 

Sorry for mistakes, its 4 am and i barely got home from work xD

everything is up for change, i just gave it somewhat form and its not set in stone yet :P

Yeah i agree, the only thing to do, to test your mettle is defense.  but i really don't see it as being fun :( i've played too much Gears of war and halo reach on their horde/firefight modes, and it gets boring after a while( atleast they had better ai.)  in the end they need to replace what they think is the end.  They can do it with epic boss battles, or wars, or maybe with blowing up vessels.  we're supposed to be at war... and it really doesn't feel like it, especially when we keep going in to save corpus from grineer or grineer from corpus etc.

-snip-

I'm starting to think that WF can be similar to "Hellgate London" and/or "Fantasy Star: Online" is a good thing or bad thing ...

You are right. It is practically the same as Hellgate Global. Just less abilities, less equipment, less enemies, less grind... just a small Hellgate, without hell and in space... and with parkour. I'm just not sure if there were such devastating AoE abilites like in Warframe... wait, I remember maxed strikes with range bonuses from weapons. It's just the same.

-snip-

One of the main problems is that there is 0 challenge or skill in the game really...... then they go make sick jokes like nightmare mode and call it "a challenge", when they really just try to cheap and fake us one, taking away the previously established rules of the game. Enemies are not a thing of, you may kill anything if you are skilled enough....... it's just "you will kill them as long as their level and stat scaling permits it, along with your DPS capabilities".

Another thing that i am starting to believe it greatly deteriorates the game, is the energy system..... i think energy should be a limited use tactical advantage.... not a spam free fest, where everyone builds their frames to use as much spam button as possible.

Another thing that i am starting to believe it greatly deteriorates the game, is the energy system..... i think energy should be a limited use tactical advantage.... not a spam free fest, where everyone builds their frames to use as much spam button as possible.

Take away energy and its just another shooter.

Something I suggested before was a strategic meta-game option. Where once players had unlocked the entire solar-system they could optionally enter a mode where the factions can retake planets, ideally linking solar-system status to Clans, with penalties for losses and tangible gains for retaking planets (resource bonuses etc.). 

alright i have finished reading it, and it is a good system, much like an agility system found in Wow.  but a little more well thought out.  Honeslty  i'd be fine with any of them, because as it stands we really just spam abilities >.> which honestly shouldn't be a problem but we should be punished for constantly spamming. 

but i digress.....

and once again

Endgame anyone?

wasn't mentioned but it kinda looks more like a mobile version of mobile defense( or mobile offense if you want :P) i do agree that random events should be added in, and break up gameplay.  But maybe have it be something that interferes with your current mission, not like it is right now where you complete your main objective and all of a sudden lotus finds x objective that seems to be there now. 

But maybe have it be something that interferes with your current mission, not like it is right now where you complete your main objective and all of a sudden lotus finds x objective that seems to be there now. 

It could be a Raptor in one of cargo transports, or the whole mission could be a trap or the train would be ambushed by second faction at the same time.

Did anyone already mentioned here a suggestion from fan concepts - Convoy Ambush?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/90306-new-gamemode-convoy-ambush/

I think it could be nice new kind of mission. If done well with some random events which would change the flow of mission, it could be fun alternative to defense.

Looks good, if they ever fix the challenge and gameplay mechanics, it could be a really nice addition to the mission pool

Well, that's something way out of our league... we can't tell DE how to use their budget or how to handle things we don't even have any information or link to us in no way :P

About the endgame someone spoke previously.... i think the raid bosses could present a nice addition, i added that subsection in bosses a while ago. It would make a nice side activity not so easy to burn out and actually rewarding players after a challenging show-down with fixed rewards.

Well, that's something way out of our league... we can't tell DE how to use their budget or how to handle things we don't even have any information or link to us in no way :P

About the endgame someone spoke previously.... i think the raid bosses could present a nice addition, i added that subsection in bosses a while ago. It would make a nice side activity not so easy to burn out and actually rewarding players after a challenging show-down with fixed rewards.

you have to admit they are a bit SLOW when its about releasing content, hope after the open beta is finished they get hiring more people

I can agree with everything the OP has written. This has been mentioned throughout the thread but something I believe that would make an awesome addition are raid type bosses. Now the J3-Golem revamp looks pretty awesome but I still feel that there should be special bosses that require more than four players to kill. Call them clan bosses or something but I'd really like to see more strategy go into these bosses. Most bosses today seem to just be: rush it and shoot it anywhere and it'll die eventually.

What I'd really like is if these massive bosses had weakpoints similar to how Jackal had its weakpoint on its legs. Additionally, the boss could be given a one-shot mechanic for the whole room if the players don't stand in x place in the correct order before the boss finishes charging. Also, something else that would be nice, make these raid bosses MASSIVE with multiple phases. In my own experience, nothing gets me more excited than seeing a huge boss with huge attacks tearing through a party. As of now, I have yet to be particularly impressed with any boss in the game.

All in all, I really enjoy Warframe (enough so that I'm a Master and am considering upgrading to Grand Master) but one of the major things I believe it lacks are bosses that are actually interesting. I really like what DE has done with the game especially seeing the changes after coming back to it from a 3 month hiatus but, once again, I feel that, this game still lacks endgame content.

Edited by Aridus92

-snip-

Thanks for your feedback

I believe that the main problem with bosses is what i pointed out in OP, they are all the same old lame bullet sponges.... there is 0 variety, there is null challenge..... everything is the same and the only difference is to make some of them even more boring and longer, like Krill and Vor and it's lame immunity phases where you just wait and do nothing until you can damage them again.

What i was thinking with raid bosses, is that maybe... one option would be like... the mission was ONLY the boss with no other enemies or anything else. Why? Because that would eliminate all the processing cost of enemy spawn, enemy AI and a whole level. Thus, perhaps it would make plausible the idea of more than 4 Tenno and the boss without resulting in an impossible to host game.

Thanks for your feedback

I believe that the main problem with bosses is what i pointed out in OP, they are all the same old lame bullet sponges.... there is 0 variety, there is null challenge..... everything is the same and the only difference is to make some of them even more boring and longer, like Krill and Vor and it's lame immunity phases where you just wait and do nothing until you can damage them again.

What i was thinking with raid bosses, is that maybe... one option would be like... the mission was ONLY the boss with no other enemies or anything else. Why? Because that would eliminate all the processing cost of enemy spawn, enemy AI and a whole level. Thus, perhaps it would make plausible the idea of more than 4 Tenno and the boss without resulting in an impossible to host game.

while i would agree itd be nice, you'd run out of energy way too quickly imo, atleast with the way the system is now

while i would agree itd be nice, you'd run out of energy way too quickly imo, atleast with the way the system is now

I don't exactly know why (and with ES, you hardly ever run out of energy per se).... and also, even though i doubt we'd run out of energy.... isn't it past time that WarFrame becomes something else other than spamming skills?

I don't exactly know why (and with ES, you hardly ever run out of energy per se).... and also, even though i doubt we'd run out of energy.... isn't it past time that WarFrame becomes something else other than spamming skills?

That's all good and gravy, i'm just saying that it probably needs to be changed all together.  besides, the way most skills aren't there are a ton of them that don't get used at all, ie Fireball rad javelin(tho i do like it) and a few others to say the least.  There's a lot more that needs to be changed if we're going to reduce spam of skills, like buffing the ones that suck. But once again END GAME :D