Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Loadsamoney Thread: What Founders Have Done.

Azure_Kytia

Founders are accurate because you need a forum account to kinda be a founder, so...

However, the actual F2P count is incalculable via this means because you first get a forum account when you use the community forums, instead of creating a Warframe account. Last bit of info on this there was around 3 million actual accounts from DE, if I recall.

So, without further ado. 

There are over 3000000 Warframe accounts.

Of those, 46083 are Founder accounts:

Of those, 10844 are Disciples at time of writing:

Money given to DE: $216,771.56 USD.

20205 are Hunters at time of writing:

Money given to DE: $1,010,047.95 USD.

10758 are Masters at time of writing:

Money given to DE: $1,075,262.1 USD.

4276 are Grand Masters at time of writing:

Money given to DE: $1,069,000 USD.

Roughly Estimated Percent of Founders in total community: ~1.5361%

Founders money given to DE: $3,371,081.61 USD.

Founders alone have accumulated DE nearly 3 and a half million USD. That is all.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

DE there is no excuse now to fix all the crap were complaining about.

We have given you 3 million dam dollars! 

GET TO WORK!

Well, how big is their team? How long has WF been around? 3 million might SEEM like a lot, but with say 50 people, that's only a year of 60,000 IF all the money went straight to them, and none to the company.

Pretty much. Warframe has been in the works for a while, and there's apparently a pretty large crew working on it. Salaries still have to be paid, and all that. But it's still an interesting figure, nonetheless. Bear in mind that it doesn't take non-Founder related purchases into account. This value however is the bare minimum amount of money players have paid DE for, disregarding all notions such as transaction fees, Separate Plat purchases and the like.

According to Wikipedia, DE has 170 employees.  Let's say avg employee makes 50k a year.  That's 8.5 million in labor costs before benefits.

DE is obviously generating a lot of revenue especially given that the game is still in beta, but I'd be surprised if they've turned a profit quite yet.

Edited by Crucias

Well, how big is their team? How long has WF been around? 3 million might SEEM like a lot, but with say 50 people, that's only a year of 60,000 IF all the money went straight to them, and none to the company.

Oh .. 

but 3 million dollars.. 

Yeah, edited the OP because I agree, it's not a profit per se, so much as it is money exchanging hands from player to maker.

I'd suggest making the number easier to read:

$3,371,081.61 USD vs

$3371081.61 USD.

Oh .. 

but 3 million dollars.. 

...is next to nothing with even medium sized dev teams.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Isn't the WF team smaller though I think? It's not the entire company working on it, but a "small" group.

It's probably more people than they're letting on.  I'm not aware of any other publicly announced projects that they're working on right now.  Either way, WF is probably their main source of revenue at the moment considering the Star Trek game tanked...although having Star Trek in the title might be good enough to make a good chunk of dough.

That said, I really don't have a clue about what I'm talking about -- just speculating.

Edited by Crucias

It's probably more people than they're letting on.  I'm not aware of any other publicly announced projects that they're working on right now.  Either way, WF is probably their main source of revenue at the moment considering the Star Trek game tanked...although having Star Trek in the title might be good enough.

That said, I really don't have a clue about what I'm talking about -- just speculating.

True, true. I don't know what DE's team size is, but I'd guess atleast 25

done

tyvm

Some people have pointed out, salaries take its toll, yet i think the biggest part is taken for maintenance.

Servers, equipment, software, bills, advertisement. Those 3 million can't keep a company like that for long. It is not much about the size of the team, it is about what they do and how they function. This is not a bookstore, where pretty much just the employees and the electricity bill are the biggest concerns...

Just pointing that out.

• 2 weeks later...