Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jump Roll -_-"

Yamajii89

hey DE the game for me feels terrific :D just one itsy bitsy thing tho...

i seem to have some annoying problems when you jump, fall then roll mechanic, its not annoying when it makes sense when your falling from something like 10 feet then roll on landing, but i find it extremely annoying when i just jump 1 feet then do the roll. jumping normally on  a flat surface while holding sprint makes me roll, falling from a 1 feet drop makes me roll while holding sprint, :D

its not enough to ruin the game, but enough to ruin some of it.

Great game, I thank you greatly.

Use dropping melee to cancel roll, or let go of shift and W so that it doesn't roll. Because we can't control it, best thing for now is to learn to mitigate/avoid it.

I practice by running around our empty Ghost Clan dojo a lot.

Use dropping melee to cancel roll, or let go of shift and W so that it doesn't roll. Because we can't control it, best thing for now is to learn to mitigate/avoid it.

I practice by running around our empty Ghost Clan dojo a lot.

yhea i often do, its just that it dosent make sense to me, i shouldnt be doing that all the time.

I hate this sudden rolling too. Many times I fall off because of that. And sometimes even jump attack won't help, I just hit the ground with it and continue in moving due to my momentum.
Crouching in air to force soft fall would be nice.

I can understand that the Tenno is rolling to negate fall damage, but sometimes I really don't care about taking 50 damage or so, I do care that my weapon reload is interrupted by this. I'd really like the option (hold a key or something) to choose to land hard and take damage, and not get my animations interrupted.

I can understand that the Tenno is rolling to negate fall damage, but sometimes I really don't care about taking 50 damage or so, I do care that my weapon reload is interrupted by this. I'd really like the option (hold a key or something) to choose to land hard and take damage, and not get my animations interrupted.

To be honest if you are falling fast enough to warrant a hard landing then its logical that the force of the impact will interrupt your reloading anyway.

I HATE HATE HATE that one Grineer Galleon tile... the one with the 4 pillars, where you jump up on pillar #1, then pillar #2, then pillar #3 and then turn and grab the ledge and get up there.

80% of the time, trying to get up onto Pillar #2, I'll run, jump and for some STUPID reason, my warframe wants to execute a roll and fall right off the pillar.

ARRRRRRRGH.

The only way to really do it without falling is to purposefully fall short so you GRAB the the edge of the pillar and pull yourself up, but that takes more Time and sometimes you might miss the jump entirely if you fall too short. Meanwhile you're getting shot at by 3 million grineer when trying to get up there.

Edited by Xylia

Soooooo glad you guys brought this up.

I was just getting frustrated by this last night as I tried to jump up a bit over cover (vertical, while not moving) to fire a few shots, only to have my Tenno go prone and roll upon landing.

Agreed with the "hold crouch to soft land" idea.  That would be great.